PDA

View Full Version : Transitional Academy

09-23-2010, 07:33 PM
I have a question about the academy... I'm already certified and have been looking into applying with FHP and was wondering what's the difference between the regular academy and the transitional academy? (training wise) With the transitional academy, do they concentrate more with just high liabilities? is their more DT and PT? Firearms? Any information will help. Thanks. :)

09-23-2010, 07:46 PM
The TRC (Transitional Recruit Class) joins the BRC (Basic Recruit Class) for the last 8 weeks. All the time up until that point is spent on the BRC gaining the actual FDLE certification. The last 8 weeks which has both the TRC and BRC together is spent going over FHP specific training. And yes, they will consist of high liabilities. They will usually do a few days of each area as a refresher prior to all be released. I'm not sure if you have already checked it out, but (http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/academy/ClassActs/Class119/) has the current class information. If you look along the left side of that screen you will see links to each week. That breaks down specifically what is being covered that day. Hope this helps. Good luck.