PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if................

09-18-2010, 04:41 AM
Let us say I was the CEO of Fortune 500 company. My job was to hire people that I thought would help this company and benefit me and my friends in some way. I pick this person with a shady background. There was some prior allegations of corruption and mismanagement involving this same person. Many members of my company loudly objected to me hiring this person. I as the CEO, managed to convince many members of my company, that this alleged shady person was good for us. I told them he would really help us, and loved us very much. After real hard work and many promises I made to many, I was able to convince my members that this shady person was wonderful, and almost godlike. I finally hired this person and within 5 months, my company has never been in the sad shape it is in since 1896. Many of my members of my company are quitting, many are very sad and do not want to work. Many wish evel things on me. Many of my members hate each other, due the frustration of loosing 20% of their pay. More then likely we as a company will probably wind up being purchased by a larger company. What would happen to this CEO if this were an actual company?

09-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Let us say I was the CEO of Fortune 500 company. My job was to hire people that I thought would help this company and benefit me and my friends in some way. I pick this person with a shady background. There was some prior allegations of corruption and mismanagement involving this same person. Many members of my company loudly objected to me hiring this person. I as the CEO, managed to convince many members of my company, that this alleged shady person was good for us. I told them he would really help us, and loved us very much. After real hard work and many promises I made to many, I was able to convince my members that this shady person was wonderful, and almost godlike. I finally hired this person and within 5 months, my company has never been in the sad shape it is in since 1896. Many of my members of my company are quitting, many are very sad and do not want to work. Many wish evel things on me. Many of my members hate each other, due the frustration of loosing 20% of their pay. More then likely we as a company will probably wind up being purchased by a larger company. What would happen to this CEO if this were an actual company?

Let;s say your a loser who can't stop being bitter cause your days of fame and glory (in your own mind) are over. No body in Miami caused the real estate market to take a huge dump, causing property assessments to drop 50-75%. Is the commission sticking it to everyone, citizens and employees, with huge lies and misinformation, YES. You azz wipes can't stop doing and saying stupid can ya. And I work nowhere near the 4th floor. You want to blame people for the pay cut? Look to Wall street, D C, and City Hall.

09-18-2010, 05:43 AM
I’m sorry, why are you so upset? Is this how you are reacting to a possible pay cut. I was just trying to make a point on how the private sector would handle an situation, similar to your Police Unions decision. You are correct in the reference to the problems of the economy. It is a World Wide problem. Just keep in mind the economy has been in shambles since the Bush era. Remember the market at 6800, its 10600 today. In addition, I am not a Police Officer. Just an old retired 72 years old who enjoys reading your blogs. I also support all of you young men and woman protecting all of us civilians. Thanks.

09-18-2010, 09:54 AM
I would like to answer your question,

Lets said that is the private sector and the new CEO who has been a member of this corporation for over twenty five years is trying to protect his employees the best he can, but he is not telling what the Parent Company has done to impede the development of the corporation.
Let us said that the workers/union may a concession to the parent company (The City) where they did not had to contribute to a pension fund if the earnings of the fund surpassed a set amount. (For several years when the market was doing well, the parent company did not contribute to the fund.
Let us said that the payoff money the parent company claims they are paying to their retirees at the time of separation is not all City money. Instead a combination of contributions made to a 401 plan (deferred income) paid by the employees, and the Drop program, which is also a deferred program of your retirements payments for an X-amounts of years. (Yes, let us add the real Parent Company expenses to the buyout money, which is the sick time and vacation time, accumulated by the employer over several years of service.)
Let us add that the Parent Company no longer controls the pension system of the Fire and Police Departments because they misappropriated the funds and a Federal Court decided to give the control of the Pension to the Unions. The Union then created the Miami Fire and Police Retirement Trust and since then, the Pension System is profitable and stable. In addition, to keep it that way, it is necessary that the Parent Company pay the dues it is required, because the employees will continued paying 7% of their salaries to keep it.
Therefore, whom you would blame, whom you would fire, and with whom you would you replace him. Or, you would tried to motivate your employees and have them realized that this is the time to placed your difference aside, to do your job better than ever and to prove to the stockholders that is not the work force but a parent company. A parent Company that has misused funds, lied to them and tried to blame a workforce that every day without hesitation comes to work putting their live on the line for the stockholders of this community.
Yes Mr. Guess, I am not 72 years old, I am only 57, but I retired couple of years ago after 32.5 years of service and I am proud that I was a member of a police department second to none.
It does bother me when the members of my beloved Department used this forum to criticizes other members using none sense and childless comments.
My point is that regardless of who the CEO is, is the work force, the civilians employees , the officer in every department from administration to the reliable and under estimated patrol officer, the people that makes the organization move and without the cooperation and dedication of all the Parent Company will prevail.
As you can see, I also hate when member use this forum and do not have the courage to attach their name to it. I will attached my.
Thanks
Gilberto Viera (GIL)

09-19-2010, 04:49 AM
I think the County should take us over. Just like what would happen in the real world in a corporation that is bleeding profusely and needs to be salvaged. The County should absorb the MPD and the citizens would save a lot of money on the overlap coverage of two departments. Also look at how ineffective our current administration is. Anything would be better than Expo and his idiots. We'd also get out from under Mayor Regatardo and his incompetent clowns over at city hall. We all asked for change and they ran this place into the ground in less than a year. Give us to the county please!!!

09-19-2010, 02:07 PM
I think the County should take us over. Just like what would happen in the real world in a corporation that is bleeding profusely and needs to be salvaged. The County should absorb the MPD and the citizens would save a lot of money on the overlap coverage of two departments. Also look at how ineffective our current administration is. Anything would be better than Expo and his idiots. We'd also get out from under Mayor Regatardo and his incompetent clowns over at city hall. We all asked for change and they ran this place into the ground in less than a year. Give us to the county please!!!

Please keep the Demoted Lieutenant's off the board.

09-22-2010, 01:21 AM
What would happen if, Tony from the cafeteria would become our new Police Chief ? Dale papito,papito.

09-23-2010, 12:48 PM
HAHAHA!! That would be awesome! "Sank you, sank you berry moch, sank you serr" !! That guy is great!

09-24-2010, 09:38 AM

What would happen if your parent's had had children that lived?

09-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Brother and sister just F.Y.I. the same thing happen in the 80’s and 90’s when the City Of Miami claimed they were in a financial crisis. It’s was them who ran the City of Miami to the ground with corruption. Now history is repeating itself with their lies on how 1300 employees would be layoff if the changes are not made. My opinion in all this that police officers are going to depend on other means to compensate what the City of Miami has taken from them (example) “Corruption”. So Mr. Mayor and commissioners if you want history to repeat itself you got. Don’t blame anyone but yourselves when it becomes national news that your employees caused your tourist dollars from coming and you are place on the spot (Mr. Vice Mayor Sanoff) by the media to answer questions that the City of Miami is rank #1 in not only violent crimes but as well as police corruption.

Retired Officer 1998

09-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Brother and sister just F.Y.I. the same thing happen in the 80’s and 90’s when the City Of Miami claimed they were in a financial crisis. It’s was them who ran the City of Miami to the ground with corruption. Now history is repeating itself with their lies on how 1300 employees would be layoff if the changes are not made. My opinion in all this that police officers are going to depend on other means to compensate what the City of Miami has taken from them (example) “Corruption”. So Mr. Mayor and commissioners if you want history to repeat itself you got. Don’t blame anyone but yourselves when it becomes national news that your employees caused your tourist dollars from coming and you are place on the spot (Mr. Vice Mayor Sanoff) by the media to answer questions that the City of Miami is rank #1 in not only violent crimes but as well as police corruption.

Retired Officer 1998

BS, keep your oath, your integrity and your name!!!!