PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Beach PD

09-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Pretty professional (sarcarsm) when the "Chief" calls a highly respected leader of the elite VCSO a moron. How about a public apology "chief"?

09-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Truth hurts....

09-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Apologize for what, as a resident of Daytona Beach Chief Chitwood has made a great effort to try and clean up this town. Your sheriff is nothing but a lapdog for the county commission. I'm sure he might be a nice guy but elected officials are puppets.

09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Apologize for what, as a resident of Daytona Beach Chief Chitwood has made a great effort to try and clean up this town. Your sheriff is nothing but a lapdog for the county commission. I'm sure he might be a nice guy but elected officials are puppets.

With all the shenanigans that happen in the elite DBPD (such as officers destroying houses, officers alerting drug dealers of upcoming swat raids, lieutenants threatening starbucks for free coffee, the same lieutenant using his official take home vehicle and parking in handicapped spaces at disney, etc) the DBPD has no room whatsoever to talk about anybody. Ben is the best leader. Your chief is just jealous...and it shows.

09-18-2010, 03:59 PM

With all the shenanigans that happen in the elite DBPD (such as officers destroying houses, officers alerting drug dealers of upcoming swat raids, lieutenants threatening starbucks for free coffee, the same lieutenant using his official take home vehicle and parking in handicapped spaces at disney, etc) the DBPD has no room whatsoever to talk about anybody. Ben is the best leader. Your chief is just jealous...and it shows.

A great leader? You must be a new guy. That is funny.

09-19-2010, 12:52 AM
New enough to know that Sheriff Johnson is a great boss that exhibits all the leadership traits inherent with his position as the highest law enforcement officer in Volusia County and that "chief" Chitwood appears to be driven by publicity and is unprofessional.

09-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Chitwood appears to be driven by publicity and is unprofessional.

Hey high school educated nit wit..replace Sheriff with chief...which one is elected...moron.

09-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Chitwood would never be able to win any elected office for a few reasons (1) he allows miscreants to continue to work for DBPD (2) is focused on only one thing....seeing his name/picture in the paper and (3) does not produce results (Daytona Beach is a crime ridden cesspool).

09-20-2010, 05:42 PM
New enough to know that Sheriff Johnson is a great boss that exhibits all the leadership traits inherent with his position as the highest law enforcement officer in Volusia County

Come up from under his desk, you need some fresh air.

09-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Cut it any way you want, speaking ill of a fellow law enforcement executive in a public forum is evidence of poor judgement. The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. Chitwood would be wise to not speak unless he can improve the silence.

09-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Cut it any way you want, speaking ill of a fellow law enforcement executive in a public forum is evidence of poor judgement. The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. Chitwood would be wise to not speak unless he can improve the silence.

Great point!!! But Chitwood does not have the intelligence to comprehend that.

09-21-2010, 06:25 PM

Great point!!! But Chitwood does not have the intelligence to comprehend that.
Being from the "Big City" he probably looks at us as hill billies, rednecks or piney rooters. :cop:

09-21-2010, 07:29 PM
"Awwwwwwwwww shucks I'm Ben johnson, hey ya'll does anybody have some Copenhagen and some Gumbo Monster Mudders for my Bronco? I'm rolling to this shindig in the big city, sume shuriiff's association deal and I need my Wranglers ironed and genuine coon skin boots shined. Can I bring sum buddies back to my two story doublewide later for sum 'shine? Is that 'propriate?"

09-21-2010, 11:27 PM
"Awwwwwwwwww shucks I'm Ben johnson, hey ya'll does anybody have some Copenhagen and some Gumbo Monster Mudders for my Bronco? I'm rolling to this shindig in the big city, sume shuriiff's association deal and I need my Wranglers ironed and genuine coon skin boots shined. Can I bring sum buddies back to my two story doublewide later for sum 'shine? Is that 'propriate?"

That just shows how jealous and insecure you are. The Sheriff is extremely educated (to include being a college graduate and a graduate of the prestigious FBI academy). Why don't you try another avenue to slam him....because all it shows (from your post to the pathetic ramblings of Chitwood) is how jealous both of you are.

09-22-2010, 11:08 AM
That just shows how jealous and insecure you are. The Sheriff is extremely educated (to include being a college graduate and a graduate of the prestigious FBI academy). Why don't you try another avenue to slam him....because all it shows (from your post to the pathetic ramblings of Chitwood) is how jealous both of you are.

Hey new guy, Fruit Loop U ain't an Ivy League School and the 37,740 people have graduated from the FBI National Academy to include tiny town police chiefs from all over the nation. As much **ass** kissing as your doing to the sheriff you ought to post your real name so you can at least get the credit, rookie new guys kill me.

09-22-2010, 11:24 PM

Hey new guy, Fruit Loop U ain't an Ivy League School and the 37,740 people have graduated from the FBI National Academy to include tiny town police chiefs from all over the nation. As much **ass** kissing as your doing to the sheriff you ought to post your real name so you can at least get the credit, rookie new guys kill me.

Nice maneuver Chief. Try to shift the focus from the public, slanderous comments from the Daytona Beach chief of police directed at the Sheriff. Very lacking and very unprofessional....but since it came from the Chief of DBPD....what else do you expect?

09-23-2010, 11:03 PM
I work for neither, however, I would much rather call Chitwood my boss than the drunken clown that is currently holding office of the Sheriff in Volusia County.

09-23-2010, 11:26 PM

Wow ! And to impress us peasants and rookies, you posted your name. What a guy. Actually, what a piece of $hit pretending to be something he ain't. Go kiss a goat's ass MF'er. :devil:

09-24-2010, 11:27 AM
If Chitwood thinks he is all that why doesn't he run in an election against Ben....(1) because he knows he would get smoked and (2) the only position he can hold is an appointed position. Go Ben!!!!!

09-25-2010, 01:50 AM
If Chitwood thinks he is all that why doesn't he run in an election against Ben....(1) because he knows he would get smoked and (2) the only position he can hold is an appointed position. Go Ben!!!!!

Why would Chitwood want to be a political puppet kiss *ass* for the county commission when he can be an appointed chief...damn, you county boys really are as dumb as your 13 bucks an hour proves. I guess the ol' saying is true, "you get what you pay for". :snicker:

09-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Wow ! And to impress us peasants and rookies, you posted your name. What a guy. Actually, what a piece of $hit pretending to be something he ain't. Go kiss a goat's ass MF'er. :devil:

A "goat's ass"?? Why don't you and I just call it like it is, your old lady. By the way tell her to shave around the **doo doo canal** I am gonna plunge a fattie 'round noon. You gonna be in the closet filming the deal like last week?

09-26-2010, 03:09 PM

Why would Chitwood want to be a political puppet kiss *ass* for the county commission when he can be an appointed chief...darn, you county boys really are as dumb as your 13 bucks an hour proves. I guess the ol' saying is true, "you get what you pay for". :snicker:

Us "county boys" set the example. Whether it is the annual stress shoot or in anything else. If you "Chitwood Chimps" think you are all that why don't we meet at Saboda and have a skills contest. All talk and no action (just like Chitwood)

09-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Us "county boys" set the example.

13 bucks an hour...now that's one helluva example "ain't it" county boy. Take your shooting skills to the bank and see how that feeds your family.

09-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Us "county boys" set the example.

13 bucks an hour...now that's one helluva example "ain't it" county boy. Take your shooting skills to the bank and see how that feeds your family.

13 bucks an hour is plenty. Just like the elite Marines and elite units in the army have to perform at amazing levels....so it is with the elite VCSO. Could one make a dollar or more an hour...maybe. But being in an elite unit is worth more than money!!!! Go VCSO. And keep up the great leadership Sheriff Johnson (thank goodness you exhibit leadership traits and principles....unlike a certain chief in Daytona)

09-28-2010, 03:49 PM
13 bucks an hour is plenty. Just like the elite Marines and elite units in the army have to perform at amazing levels....so it is with the elite VCSO. Could one make a dollar or more an hour...maybe. But being in an elite unit is worth more than money!!!! Go VCSO. And keep up the great leadership Sheriff Johnson (thank goodness you exhibit leadership traits and principles....unlike a certain chief in Daytona)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa "elite", the only that makes you "elite" is that you and your family qualify for food stamps while working a 40 hour a week job. "Elite" is you alright.....

09-29-2010, 12:27 PM

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa "elite", the only that makes you "elite" is that you and your family qualify for food stamps while working a 40 hour a week job. "Elite" is you alright.....

When one is the lead dog in the race there is going to be jealousy. A fact of life. I hope you enjoy the view from the rear....money bags

09-29-2010, 12:31 PM
I hope you enjoy the view from the rear

I do enjoy the view from the rear...of your wife because you can't afford to make her happy. See ya Rookie.

09-29-2010, 10:47 PM

I do enjoy the view from the rear...of your wife because you can't afford to make her happy. See ya Rookie.

If by "See ya Rookie" you mean you are going to your little hole in Daytona Beach and off this blog...good. Remember second place is the first Loser.....loser.

10-02-2010, 01:07 PM

I don't have a dog in this fight but I have an opinion and that is that you're one foul mouthed, inconsiderate, egotistical, stupid MF'er. You think your garbage mouth impresses anyone? Not me. For you to throw this type of trash at a fellow LEO puts you in a minority class of rejects. You feel good about denigrating a person who takes pride in his organization and in all probability would try to be the first to arrive when you call for assistance in a bad situation? Maybe you're one of those slackers in your department and never do anything so you need someone to fight and you've decided to do so with another LEO as if there's plenty of us out there with the same, or similar missions. Well, enough of me and philosophics, I'll swith hats now and close with the following..................................blow it out your ass !

10-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Great Post. It shows the difference between two organizations. One organization there is posts about pride and training and how their is respect for the leader. Another organization is characterized by vulgar and profane rants....which appears to be representative of the leader for this organization.

10-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Great Post. It shows the difference between two organizations. One organization there is posts about pride and training and how their is respect for the leader. Another organization is characterized by vulgar and profane rants....which appears to be representative of the leader for this organization.

Yeah you guys are all about "pride" and "respect". Scrolling through the last few threads you have slammed the police departments of Oak Hill, Port Orange and Daytona Beach while proclaiming how "elite" your agency is. Instead of focusing on the word "elite" in the dictionary, maybe you should focus on the word "hypocrite".

10-04-2010, 09:48 PM

Yeah you guys are all about "pride" and "respect". Scrolling through the last few threads you have slammed the police departments of Oak Hill, Port Orange and Daytona Beach while proclaiming how "elite" your agency is. Instead of focusing on the word "elite" in the dictionary, maybe you should focus on the word "hypocrite".

The comments about Oak Hill were directed at the Chief there who used cocaine over 100 times. The recent comments about Daytona Beach involved the Chief there who slandered the respected chief of the VCSO. The few times that individuals in the VCSO have erred in judgement (whether Vickery, Westfall or whoever)...they have been on the blogs here and discussed. I guess the difference is that the VCSO administered fair and just punishment. So one can be "elite" and be proud of their agency....while knowing that the training is elite and that punishment is fair and just. Not being a hypocrite at all...perhaps you should (1) review all the previous blogs and (2) learn how to use a dictionary to find the true meaning of a word. Good luck

10-07-2010, 02:54 AM
VCSO...Just some good ol' boys, never meaning no harm.....

10-08-2010, 12:30 PM

On a macro level the Marines are America's 911....In Volusia County the VCSO is the 911 force....Go VCSO!!!!!

10-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Yet another reason why Sheriff Johnson rules!!!! (quote of the article is from Officer.com)

Daytona Beach (Fla.) Police Chief Michael Chitwood says his department's entire $200,000 training budget was wiped out this year because of municipal service reductions.

The chief says he is working with universities that have volunteered to help restore the programs, including instruction on the proper use of stun guns and how to defuse potentially dangerous confrontations with the mentally ill.

Chitwood says city leaders were aware of the risk of lawsuits related to potential officer mistakes and misconduct but the city decided to "pay on the back end."

"The private sector was appalled when they found out about this," Chitwood says.

10-08-2010, 05:11 PM

On a macro level the Marines are America's 911....In Volusia County the VCSO is the 911 force....Go VCSO!!!!!

Your hiring standards say it all....

10-08-2010, 06:00 PM

Good point. It is also hard to get into the VCSO. But that is the way it should be with the elite law enforcement agency not only in the county but probably one of the top ones in the state!!!

10-08-2010, 07:04 PM

but probably one of the top ones in the state!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what flavor Kool Aid is that moron?

Lets look at some facts, by your posts that's something you have a hard time doing. The following information is directly from your website along with the others. You have the most minimum of hiring standards in the state of Florida...that's a fact that is proven below. I'm sure you'll do your best by replying with some irrelevant crap but facts are facts son, you can't make them up or distort them to try and prove your viewpoint. Good day douche bag and its paycheck Friday so hit me up if ya wanna compare checks or weenie size. :snicker:

Volusia County Sheriffs Office

Graduation from high school or completion of the GED and completion of the Minimum Standards Course required by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission for police officers. Must meet the qualifications for employment set forth in section 943.13, Florida Statute which includes: At least nineteen (19) years of age; a citizen of the United States; a high school graduate or its equivalent; no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving perjury or a false statement; no dishonorable or undesirable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States

Basically a pulse and 19 years old.

Orange County Sheriffs Office

Minimum Requirements:

?Two years of college, military or law enforcement related experience or any combination thereof, or two years full-time law enforcement experience. ?H.S. or GED diploma ?At least 20 years of age?U.S. Citizen

Tampa Police Department

QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE:

- Possession of an Associate’s Degree or completion of 2 years of college coursework from an accredited college or university (60-semester or 90-quarter hours);- OR-

- High-school diploma and three (3) years of prior law enforcement or corrections experience at a department of medium-to-large size; - OR -

- High-school diploma and three (3) years of full-time, active military experience; - OR -

- High-school diploma and five (5) years of experience as a member of the Tampa Police Department Reserve Force.

10-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Wow, to be elite I have to be 19 with a GED and no arrest record and I can make $13 bucks an hour! Now that screams one "elite" law enforcement agency with some seriously high elite hiring standards.

10-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Yet another reason why Sheriff Johnson rules!!!! (quote of the article is from Officer.com)

Daytona Beach (Fla.) Police Chief Michael Chitwood says his department's entire $200,000 training budget was wiped out this year because of municipal service reductions.

The chief says he is working with universities that have volunteered to help restore the programs, including instruction on the proper use of stun guns and how to defuse potentially dangerous confrontations with the mentally ill.
Chitwood says city leaders were aware of the risk of lawsuits related to potential officer mistakes and misconduct but the city decided to "pay on the back end."

"The private sector was appalled when they found out about this," Chitwood says.
Me thinks Chitwood needs to enroll in this class. :snicker: :devil: :mrgreen:

10-09-2010, 11:24 AM
If you really think you can get on with the elite you are sadly mistaken. And please tell me any other agency that makes you prove your firearm proficiency before they hire you. And the training the elite VCSO goes through regularly makes the news in periodicals. And I do not indulge in the Kool-Aid. And I make more than $13.00 an hour.

10-09-2010, 11:26 AM

but probably one of the top ones in the state!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what flavor Kool Aid is that moron?

Lets look at some facts, by your posts that's something you have a hard time doing. The following information is directly from your website along with the others. You have the most minimum of hiring standards in the state of Florida...that's a fact that is proven below. I'm sure you'll do your best by replying with some irrelevant crap but facts are facts son, you can't make them up or distort them to try and prove your viewpoint. Good day douche bag and its paycheck Friday so hit me up if ya wanna compare checks or weenie size. :snicker:

Volusia County Sheriffs Office

Graduation from high school or completion of the GED and completion of the Minimum Standards Course required by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission for police officers. Must meet the qualifications for employment set forth in section 943.13, Florida Statute which includes: At least nineteen (19) years of age; a citizen of the United States; a high school graduate or its equivalent; no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving perjury or a false statement; no dishonorable or undesirable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States

Basically a pulse and 19 years old.

Orange County Sheriffs Office

Minimum Requirements:

?Two years of college, military or law enforcement related experience or any combination thereof, or two years full-time law enforcement experience. ?H.S. or GED diploma ?At least 20 years of age?U.S. Citizen

Tampa Police Department

QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE:

- Possession of an Associate’s Degree or completion of 2 years of college coursework from an accredited college or university (60-semester or 90-quarter hours);- OR-

- High-school diploma and three (3) years of prior law enforcement or corrections experience at a department of medium-to-large size; - OR -

- High-school diploma and three (3) years of full-time, active military experience; - OR -

- High-school diploma and five (5) years of experience as a member of the Tampa Police Department Reserve Force.

Moron? That is a Chief Chitwood term. Is this Chief Chitwood? VCSO rules.

10-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Your hiring standards are not up for debate, they rank with the lowest in the state of Florida. They is no way to put a positive spin on that. If baffling yourself with bullshi* about your training makes you feel “elite“ go right ahead, but facts are facts your hiring standards are in black and white for all to see along with your salary. Never forget that the best agencies pay substantially more for a reason, you get what you pay for.

10-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Your hiring standards are not up for debate, they rank with the lowest in the state of Florida. They is no way to put a positive spin on that. If baffling yourself with bullshi* about your training makes you feel “elite“ go right ahead, but facts are facts your hiring standards are in black and white for all to see along with your salary. Never forget that the best agencies pay substantially more for a reason, you get what you pay for.

Please tell me what other agency makes you demonstrate weapon proficiency before they hire you (instead of just relying on the fact that you passed firearms qualification from some community college). Go VCSO. Continue to lead the pack! It is easy to see there is a little professional jealousy out there.

10-10-2010, 05:47 PM

Please tell me what other agency makes you demonstrate weapon proficiency before they hire you (instead of just relying on the fact that you passed firearms qualification from some community college). Go VCSO. Continue to lead the pack! It is easy to see there is a little professional jealousy out there.

Thanks for making my point, you're not intelligent enough to know the difference between hiring standards and hiring process. Facts are facts, you're hiring standards are the lowest in the state, that‘s not up for debate.

10-11-2010, 11:25 PM

Thanks for making my point, you're not intelligent enough to know the difference between hiring standards and hiring process. Facts are facts, you're hiring standards are the lowest in the state, that‘s not up for debate.

Thanks for proving my point "Chief" It should be "your" not "you're" (Daytona Beach finest). Should you be parking in a handicapped spot or alerting drug dealers to upcoming raids?

10-27-2010, 10:40 PM
He's right

You're = you are.
Your =adj for possession or ownership as in blow it out your ass :snicker: :devil: :mrgreen:

Unregistered
11-23-2018, 05:04 AM
He's right

You're = you are.
Your =adj for possession or ownership as in blow it out your ass :snicker: :devil: :mrgreen:

This is Alvin, figured the deputies needed a refresher course on their ding dong boss and his feelings of VCSO... 😎ABC 2020

Unregistered
11-23-2018, 03:51 PM
You all need to view what this man has done to law enforcement as a whole. Has he helped or hurt you and the communities perception? Look at Daytona. Read actual stats. Daytona is a colossal failure by all definitions, as is Sheriff Chitwood.

Unregistered
11-24-2018, 05:46 PM
You all need to view what this man has done to law enforcement as a whole. Has he helped or hurt you and the communities perception? Look at Daytona. Read actual stats. Daytona is a colossal failure by all definitions, as is Sheriff Chitwood.

Though I agree, Daytona PD is a huge mess. However, it was that way long before Chitwood was chief. Long before. However, he didn't fix it either.

Unregistered
11-25-2018, 06:44 PM
Though I agree, Daytona PD is a huge mess. However, it was that way long before Chitwood was chief. Long before. However, he didn't fix it either.

I was referring to his references to VCSO. Even though anonymous, you can decipher Chitwoods writing...

Unregistered
11-25-2018, 08:07 PM
I was referring to his references to VCSO. Even though anonymous, you can decipher Chitwoods writing...

No, actually you can’t.

Unregistered
11-25-2018, 08:54 PM
No, actually you can’t.

Imagine if he could. He would be on tour like Taylor Swift. Testifying in court rooms across the world with his remarkable ability to decode words and identify the author. He’d probably end up with his own tv show.

Unregistered
11-25-2018, 09:49 PM
Imagine if he could. He would be on tour like Taylor Swift. Testifying in court rooms across the world with his remarkable ability to decode words and identify the author. He’d probably end up with his own tv show.

He could catch killers like the Zodiac, and would likely have an episode with Chitwood for helping him solve a crime. Oh the irony.

Unregistered
11-25-2018, 11:18 PM
He could catch killers like the Zodiac, and would likely have an episode with Chitwood for helping him solve a crime. Oh the irony.

Stop making fun of him guys. You can’t decipher writings?