PDA

View Full Version : Furlough days

09-09-2010, 10:02 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/browar ... 1915.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/wilton-manors/fl-wilton-manors-budget-20100809,0,7791915.story)

This city is taking a democratic approach to furloughs — not only city employees, but elected commissioners — must take a week of unpaid furlough in the next fiscal year.
"We felt everyone should go through the pain together," said Commissioner Tom Green. "Why should the city employees have that and the city commission not? I think it's very appropriate."
Commissioners earn $7,196 a year; the mayor earns $8,403. With the reduction, the mayor will lose $159.81 and each commissioner will sacrifice $136.19.
Mayor Gary Resnick acknowledged the move to include the commission is symbolic: "It's the idea it's affecting everybody."
To make up for a $1.1 million drop in revenues in the $22.2 million budget, City Manager Joseph Gallegos proposes five forced furlough days for all city employees, trimming back on capital improvement projects, and a hiring freezing for one police officer job and one librarian position.
He created a voluntary separation incentive plan to cut back on staff, and four employees accepted.
In Gallegos' budget proposal, the rates for water, sewer and storm water would rise. For a typical homeowner who uses 8,000 gallons of water a month, for example, water and sewer fees would increase from $94.88 to $101.46 a month. Storm water fees would rise from $3.50 to $3.68.
The fire assessment fee would also increase. A single-family homeowner now pays $100.85 a year, and that will rise to $112.34.
Gallegos proposed raising the tax rate to $6.84 for every $1,000 of taxable value. The current tax rate is $6.45 for every $1,000 of taxable value.
At the proposed rate, for a home assessed at $200,000 with a $50,000 homestead exemption, a homeowner would pay $1,026 in city taxes. Homeowners also pay School Board and county taxes.
The public will get a say on the budget at hearings at 7 p.m. Sept. 13 and Sept. 27. The budget will be voted on at the last hearing.

09-10-2010, 12:40 AM
I dont really care about the war with the chief and some pinhead. I dont want to give my days up for these jerks.

09-24-2010, 08:38 PM
These days are coming, its BS right now. There is no money

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/wilton-manors/fl-wilton-manors-budget-20100809,0,7791915.story

This city is taking a democratic approach to furloughs — not only city employees, but elected commissioners — must take a week of unpaid furlough in the next fiscal year.
"We felt everyone should go through the pain together," said Commissioner Tom Green. "Why should the city employees have that and the city commission not? I think it's very appropriate."
Commissioners earn $7,196 a year; the mayor earns $8,403. With the reduction, the mayor will lose $159.81 and each commissioner will sacrifice $136.19.
Mayor Gary Resnick acknowledged the move to include the commission is symbolic: "It's the idea it's affecting everybody."
To make up for a $1.1 million drop in revenues in the $22.2 million budget, City Manager Joseph Gallegos proposes five forced furlough days for all city employees, trimming back on capital improvement projects, and a hiring freezing for one police officer job and one librarian position.
He created a voluntary separation incentive plan to cut back on staff, and four employees accepted.
In Gallegos' budget proposal, the rates for water, sewer and storm water would rise. For a typical homeowner who uses 8,000 gallons of water a month, for example, water and sewer fees would increase from $94.88 to $101.46 a month. Storm water fees would rise from $3.50 to $3.68.
The fire assessment fee would also increase. A single-family homeowner now pays $100.85 a year, and that will rise to $112.34.
Gallegos proposed raising the tax rate to $6.84 for every $1,000 of taxable value. The current tax rate is $6.45 for every $1,000 of taxable value.
At the proposed rate, for a home assessed at $200,000 with a $50,000 homestead exemption, a homeowner would pay $1,026 in city taxes. Homeowners also pay School Board and county taxes.
The public will get a say on the budget at hearings at 7 p.m. Sept. 13 and Sept. 27. The budget will be voted on at the last hearing.

09-25-2010, 01:35 AM
Well they should take your days since all you officers do is write on websites all day and night while we pay you to work !
I found this site in a newspaper story and thought our officers would never say such things. After reading all this junk here who the hell has time to patrol my street and protect my kids. I am just sick of what I have read here. You officers are out of control. Citizens and the Elected officials govern this city and not you! You lost a major supporter tonight. I do understand the issue with the chief but some of the things said here are too much.
I FOR ONE WILL NEVER LOOK AT YOU THE SAME WAY.

These days are coming, its BS right now. There is no money

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/wilton-manors/fl-wilton-manors-budget-20100809,0,7791915.story

09-25-2010, 04:31 PM
[quote="I_LIVE HERE I Work _here"]Well they should take your days since all you officers do is write on websites all day and night while we pay you to work !
I found this site in a newspaper story and thought our officers would never say such things. After reading all this junk here who the hell has time to patrol my street and protect my kids. I am just sick of what I have read here. You officers are out of control. Citizens and the Elected officials govern this city and not you! You lost a major supporter tonight. I do understand the issue with the chief but some of the things said here are too much.

We don.t work 24hrs a day. We have plenty of time off to come to this board and air our dirty laundry. Mind your own business and stay off of Our site. I'm sure there are plenty of gay sites on the internet you can go back to.

09-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Well they should take your days since all you officers do is write on websites all day and night while we pay you to work !

We don.t work 24hrs a day. We have plenty of time off to come to this board and air our dirty laundry. Mind your own business and stay off of Our site. I'm sure there are plenty of gay sites on the internet you can go back to.

You just lost another supporter after that last post. You call yourselves cops? I am ashamed of all of you.

09-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Please dont assume all these post are written by sworn officers. I dont know any of my co-workers that post on these boards

You know what happens when you assume!

09-26-2010, 02:55 AM
While I am not gay I do have a lot of gay neighbors and friends in our city. You also now have my full attention and I find that response unacceptable by our police officers. It was my understanding from so many of these post ( I attempted to read them all) that the selling point for the police outrage was officers pointing out that how could gay and minorities trust the police managers after this incident.

What I have seen after the last post about gays and some other post indicates to me that most of your cause has nothing to do with protecting diversity. It’s more of some personal agenda and it looks like our officers truly hate their citizens and the gay community. This is result of your own attitudes towards our community.

The remarks about Gays showed the chief may not be the only one with an issue. How can any officer that works in this city say such a thing? How can any officer permit anyone to post such an ugly comment? It is you the officers that need to police those that say such hateful things since this will only create a lack of respect and support. Not only have you lost mine and my family many of my friends have discussed some of the comments here and are very disgusted with those officers involved. You lost a lot more today and we did love you!

We supported you in the past when there was talk of the sheriff’s office and other items like a small pay raise. We valued our officers for the worked they did. Now we have officers post in their site as I was told very nasty things. Now as I stated you have my full attention. I intend to voice my concerns to the city staff not about the chief but about the officers that are doing these things.

As we talked today many of us wondered a few things. Where are all the complaints from gay, female, black and minority officers that were so discriminated? I know after reading here of one such cause but don’t see that it was reported. So several of our citizens will be requesting all EEOC, internal complaints and any official complaints of discrimination in the city towards gays or minorities. It is our intent to prove that if such wide spread discrimination existed it would be documented since it would have been reported. We have also talked of forming a comity to review these results and will request that the city investigate which officers are responsible for these vile comments about gays and citizens.

Please make no mistake we do not support the e-mails that were sent by the chief and any managers or officers. There is no room for that; we also believe that we will let out city leaders handle the punishment for these serious infractions. Our police officers need to realize that they are not the managers of this city. Officers in the past have earned our respect and support and are now loosing it by ugly comments. This is not resulting from the chief or management; it is you the officer that makes that choice just like you do every day as an officer. You make life and death decisions every day and yet you know what to do. Please stop saying hateful things about your community and city.