PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tired of the never ending details?

09-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Seems every time we turn around it is another detail. We also do the same details every holiday period, it is old and boring.

09-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Everyone is burnout on details. The public does not even pay attention anymore. We are spread so thin that there is no true proactive enforcement. It is just media propaganda. More time is wasted collecting the stats then we are spending on enforcement.

09-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Everyone is burnout on details. The public does not even pay attention anymore. We are spread so thin that there is no true proactive enforcement. It is just media propaganda. More time is wasted collecting the stats then we are spending on enforcement.

The two comments above are written by SLUGS. If you wrote 16-20 citations each 8-hour shift (assuming no crashes), there wouldn't be a need for details. You are a lazy slug and don't want to work so the Patrol finds it necessary to lead you to water and make you drink.

09-05-2010, 07:58 PM

The two comments above are written by SLUGS. If you wrote 16-20 citations each 8-hour shift (assuming no crashes), there wouldn't be a need for details. You are a lazy slug and don't want to work so the Patrol finds it necessary to lead you to water and make you drink.

I see the first brown nose just checked in.

09-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I have been working on this mans patrol when you were just a squirt in your daddies balls, all you know nothing rookies have ruined this department, we always got our activity and worked together. Now days these snot nosed rookies think they know it all when in reality they don't know jack crap!

You can't two of these rookies to do anything together or even to agree on something simple. I can't wait to retire.

09-05-2010, 10:36 PM
As a supervisor I am sick of every month being a different focus and more details. We need yo go back to quality tickets and TALKING to people on the side of the road. Writing people 4 or 5 non moving tickets does nothing but make the public hate us and and makes us revenue generators.

09-05-2010, 10:57 PM

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make a horse drink it.

09-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Some people are missing the point of the original thread! It's not about being a slug or not producing activity, it's about spending time on wasteful details all the time. I've been on details where there are so many Troopers waiting in line that I only get about 3 or 4 citations at the end, when I could have been much more productive elsewhere. These details are all about publicity, supposedly to let the public know about enforcement. However, there are so many of them that the public doesn't even listen to them anymore. Like many things, these endless details are an overused tactic that no longer is useful in many cases. I remember when several of us got together and went somewhere at random and conducted our own little detail, and had fun. However, it seems that we get burned out from so many that we don't do that as much.

09-06-2010, 01:35 AM

So true!

If these slugs would at least put in an honest 4 hrs of work, the rest of us would not have to carry their weight.

This job is so easy, it can be done in 3 hrs (2 tickets an hr = 6 a day = 30 a week = 120 a month).

09-06-2010, 12:47 PM
As a supervisor I am sick of every month being a different focus and more details. We need yo go back to quality tickets and TALKING to people on the side of the road. Writing people 4 or 5 non moving tickets does nothing but make the public hate us and and makes us revenue generators.

I am from another agency...Perhaps you did not know this but in Florida now the Clerks Office has required all LE agencies to go electronic in UTCs so that it is now a streamline lightning fast money maker straight from the MDT. That is why signatures are no longer required on UTC infractions. Its a 100,000 LEO money maker city,county,state. Were all one big cash cow for the govt. Its the way the world goes

09-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Moooooooooooo! "Udderly" disgraceful!

09-12-2010, 12:35 AM
i dont know understand what the problem is. I work 65 crash a month and still write 120 arrests. I would suggest to stay out of Waffle house and Denny, get out from under the shade tree and start making things happen. Plus taking two meal breaks in an eight hour shift and writing them off as ADMIN hours doesnt help you activity either.

09-13-2010, 03:32 AM

You must be an asshole! 80 tickets a week without soar! Keep on triple tapping, you little *****! You should do some research! It makes absolutely no difference whether you issue 25 UTC's or 100 UTC's a week. It means 0000!

09-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Actually, it does make a difference. The fatality rate is at a record low. While there are many factors involved, one of them is the efforts of law enforcement officers state wide conducting campaigns and enforcing traffic laws. What you do matters, it saves lives.

09-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Actually, it does make a difference. The fatality rate is at a record low. While there are many factors involved, one of them is the efforts of law enforcement officers state wide conducting campaigns and enforcing traffic laws. What you do matters, it saves lives.

Fatality rates are down because of a significant drop in miles traveled due to the poor economy. Nice try though.

09-13-2010, 02:53 PM

I see the first brown nose just checked in.

this is a classic LT or above. old school vocabulary

09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Here is a thought, Troopers reduce the number of tickets because???
write ticket
ticket is nearly a weeks salary for most people
ticket goes to court because people can't afford the ever increasing price of tickets which is to sustain clerks in their jobs
IDEA
lower price of tickets less people go to court for relief and pay a reasonable ticket and troopers spend less time in court on their days off.. wow what a brain storm they may even go back to writing tickets. LOWER the costs already

09-14-2010, 01:41 AM

Fatality rates are down because of a significant drop in miles traveled due to the poor economy. Nice try though.

That is a good point. However, I said the fatality RATE is down, not just the number of fatalities, although that number was also down. The number of fatalities that takes place for every 100 million miles traveled (fatality rate) is down so the slow economy is not a factor. Let me reiterate, there are many reasons for the rate being at an all time low. The efforts of law enforcement is certainly a contributing factor. So you do make a difference.