PDA

View Full Version : What's the Status of a Cost of Living Increase?

08-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Did the county commission fail the deputies again?

08-31-2010, 09:56 PM
They didn't fail the employees who work directly for them. Those employees have gotten raises while we haven't. Then again so have the Clerk of Court employees, I believe the Road Camp, probably even the animal shelter.

They know we can't really do anything about it, if we take our frustration to the media we will find no sympathy with the average Escambia County resident. They can buy the people they want to and neglect those they don't need.

Vote the bums out.

09-01-2010, 05:46 AM
I LOVE it because all of you idiots that voted for MORON with the pipe dream that he was going to be sending armored cars to all of your houses to deliver all that extra money that McNesby was wasting, but has not figured out a way to give us a nickle when it comes to raises. You know your hero that told you how McNesby had all these contract employees wasting money that could go to deputies and his clone Davey2 still slithers the halls collecting a check and does nothing and is completely useless. I am sooooooooooooo glad you elected this excuse and I laugh every time when someone wants to know when we MIGHT be getting a raise. The only way anyone gets a raise around here is if they sit on a jack.

09-01-2010, 11:14 AM
I LOVE it because all of you idiots that voted for MORON with the pipe dream that he was going to be sending armored cars to all of your houses to deliver all that extra money that McNesby was wasting, but has not figured out a way to give us a nickle when it comes to raises. You know your hero that told you how McNesby had all these contract employees wasting money that could go to deputies and his clone Davey2 still slithers the halls collecting a check and does nothing and is completely useless. I am sooooooooooooo glad you elected this excuse and I laugh every time when someone wants to know when we MIGHT be getting a raise. The only way anyone gets a raise around here is if they sit on a jack.
REMEMBER 2012 is coming not soon enough.The contract people if you get rid of all of them you could fund a few positions that actually do work, but then the sheriff wouldnt have davey 2 telling him how great he is, the contracts are public records take a look, you will be amazed.

09-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Doesn't the county reap the benefit of almost two thirds of every traffic fine collected, which goes directly into the county commission's general fund? Sounds like it's time to halt writing traffic tickets except in extreme cases so the BOCC gets to feel the pinch right in its pocket. There's always officer discretion when it comes to warnings v. citations, so maybe it's high time to send the county commission the message: "Don't bite the hand that can feed you!"

09-01-2010, 03:04 PM
The Aiken family spent it on weddings and cruises. Better luck in 2012

09-01-2010, 11:55 PM
The county gets very little from citations. One place that the money from citations DOES go is the CJSTC training fund, so stopping the tickets hurts us even worse.

09-02-2010, 03:23 PM
The county gets very little from citations. One place that the money from citations DOES go is the CJSTC training fund, so stopping the tickets hurts us even worse.

Really? Better read up, but in case you're having trouble with that, I'll provide you some information from F.S.S. 318.21

"...If the violation occurred within the unincorporated area of a county, including the unincorporated areas, if any, of a government created pursuant to s. 6(e), Art. VIII of the State Constitution, that is not within a special improvement district of the Seminole Indian Tribe or Miccosukee Indian Tribe, 56.4 percent shall be deposited into the fine and forfeiture fund established pursuant to s. 142.01."

09-03-2010, 12:52 PM
he's absolutely correct. When a careless driving citation , or other moving violation is written, the COUNTY gets over $100.00. On a non-moving violation they only get around $60.00. At one time the SO received $2.00 from each citation written, but now those funds go into pet projects like Teen Court, etc... Did you know the Parking fines generated this past month was over $10,000.00?

09-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Apparently you were not in any of the combined musters... No raises... Our raises are the 9% in insurance and retirement increases that the "Sheriff" is absorbing. I do love how it is stated that the "Sheriff" absorbs it... So we should be "Grateful" that we are getting a close to 10% raise, even though we will not see it help our rising power, cable, water, and grocery bills. Not to mention that even though health insurance premiums are rising, benefits are decreasing.

But hey, what do I know... I am another ungrateful employee, who needs to quit and go work somewhere else because of my attitude! I am lucky to have a job, etc... But, do keep in mind that those uttering that we are "whiners" make $60K plus LT's and above and the ever so burdened taxpayer. I pay my taxes too, so I guess I contribute to my own salary and benefits... :)

09-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Dont let Davey2's smart mouth get to you 2012 he will be whining.

09-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Does anybody really know if they are absorbing 9% or is this some more fuzzy math out of car 2's pie-hole. Sounds like another public records release coming soon so you freaks better compare notes.

09-29-2010, 01:16 PM

There where no raises because of the PBA, not Morgan, "idiot". Know the facts moron.

09-29-2010, 04:27 PM
[quote="Pump it Up":ewsvmt18]I LOVE it because all of you idiots that voted for MORON with the pipe dream that he was going to be sending armored cars to all of your houses to deliver all that extra money that McNesby was wasting, but has not figured out a way to give us a nickle when it comes to raises. You know your hero that told you how McNesby had all these contract employees wasting money that could go to deputies and his clone Davey2 still slithers the halls collecting a check and does nothing and is completely useless. I am sooooooooooooo glad you elected this excuse and I laugh every time when someone wants to know when we MIGHT be getting a raise. The only way anyone gets a raise around here is if they sit on a jack.

There where no raises because of the PBA, not Morgan, "idiot". Know the facts moron.[/quote:ewsvmt18]

And how is it the PBA's fault? There have been no raises, and will be not raises mostly because of Amendment 1!

09-29-2010, 08:25 PM
[quote="Pump it Up":3dngwjk1]I LOVE it because all of you idiots that voted for MORON with the pipe dream that he was going to be sending armored cars to all of your houses to deliver all that extra money that McNesby was wasting, but has not figured out a way to give us a nickle when it comes to raises. You know your hero that told you how McNesby had all these contract employees wasting money that could go to deputies and his clone Davey2 still slithers the halls collecting a check and does nothing and is completely useless. I am sooooooooooooo glad you elected this excuse and I laugh every time when someone wants to know when we MIGHT be getting a raise. The only way anyone gets a raise around here is if they sit on a jack.

There where no raises because of the PBA, not Morgan, "idiot". Know the facts moron.

And how is it the PBA's fault? There have been no raises, and will be not raises mostly because of Amendment 1![/quote:3dngwjk1]
If its not the P.B.A's fault and not morgan , then it's W's fault .

09-30-2010, 04:19 AM
First I know we don't want to hear this but High Risk did get a 2.33 raise via a increase in FRS contribution rates. May not be much but if your in investment its means real money. Reg got a .92 increase. So thanks to our elected officials in Tallahassee for something even if it was through the back door.

How many people were involved internally in our budget. Does management walk around and say hey you doing the real work- where do you think we can save. Heck no they are all in the crystal palace telling each other how great a job they are doing. Now go write some more tickets so I can brag about how much money I am bringing into the county's coffers.

I say green was an easy 85k with benefits. Nice start. Why do we need all these pr people are they working on the campaign on the clock? I think there a few more contract people that can go. But I also think we to break down exactly what the budget includes. Do need all this crap that we hand out art fair? Shoot why do we even have a booth at fair. PR Re-election. I would love to see a break down on what they really spend their time doing.

Are we really getting our best bang for all these benefits? I bet there is still 3 million in fat on the budget. Why do we need so many captains. Why do we need accreditation-what will it really do for us- nothing. Those high risk deputies can be on patrol earning it. How many sworn are on desk jockey assignments? I bet they can had that off to a non-sworn and hit the road baby. I bet we could all see a 3% if they would really quit handing out political favors in the form of jobs. Why are we paying for someone to go and get a masters when they already have a law degree. Why do we pay for any school above the rank of Sgt. Why do we pay for contract people to go to school. Why-Why-Why. I have to go now and get some crackers for all this wine.

09-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Hey retard, the lawyers masters class and everyone elses is paid for by badguys out of the LET fund. Educate yourself before you open your mouth.

09-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Retard two- it is still a waste that can be used on something else. Amazing -waste is justified by someone calling someone else names.

10-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Pat Spears got her raise! Maybe shes doing something yall aint! :oops:

10-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Pat Spears got her raise! Maybe shes doing something yall aint! :oops:

Aint????????

10-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Pat got a 5% raise in lieu of a Captains position. To make matters worse, Tharp now is her supervisor and Cox is in the position now that will be the next Captain. Pat shouldn't have any complaints even though she's still running her mouth. None of the rest of us Lt's got any kind of pay raise. How did she convince Morgan to raise her pay. I hope it wasn't in hopes that she was going to help him with the neighborhood watch programs come election time. We all know what beat she dances to and it's not his. If you doubt this, ask her in private and she'll tell you. I can't imagine having to answer to Tharp not to mention getting over looked on Captain to some one like Cox. I guess it shows the true thoughts on how she's perceived by others.

10-08-2010, 12:15 AM
blah blah blah. Tear down your fellow deputies-is that all your ignorant ass can do. Pat paid her dues and if she wants to run her trap go for it. Your comments on the other hand are no more than what an over paid rookie would say. Now go take the dog out punk.

10-08-2010, 02:41 AM
I'm happy for Pat and anyone else who received a pay raise especially in these difficult economic times. What I would like to know is why some got raises and others didn't. I also would like to know what reasoning and criteria were used.

The last pay raise received by all employees was under Mcnesby and it was only a 1% but at least it was something. We are told by Morgaiken there is no money for raises yet we see select personel receiving them and to add insult the Morgaiken lackeys deny anyone received a raise. Pat is specifically one of these people who Morgaiken said did not receive a raise when she was promoted to 1st Lt but she did and will admit to it.

The majority of employees have not nor will receive a pay increase and will continue to bear the burden of an unstable command structure, ever increasing discipline inconsistencies and plethora of unnecessary promotions until this administration is removed. They should be treated as a cancer that if even one member is allowed to remain will contaminate healthy cells.

Those with blood pressure or anger management issues won't wish to read what will be posted next year. The revelation of disparities in treatment and benefits of employees will sadden most and anger many. Morgan's entire staff should prepare their exit strategies soon lest it be prepared for them by angry villagers bearing torches and pitchforks.

Metaphora

10-08-2010, 04:57 AM
heres an ideal for a pay raise go collect some cans while working patrol, you could make like 20 bucks or so a week.

10-08-2010, 04:41 PM
heres an ideal for a pay raise go collect some cans while working patrol, you could make like 20 bucks or so a week.
How rude can one person be to tell someone who leaves his home everyday to get out on the streets to protect you and yours to go pick up cans . You must be one of morgan's or should i say la's do boy's that's making a mint doing nothing, in 2012 you can pick up the cans.