PDA

View Full Version : tattoo

08-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Does sppd have a tattoo policy?

08-27-2010, 07:04 PM
there should be as tattoo's extending down the arms and on the necks of uniformed officers do not reflect a professional appearance, there are however no tattoo policies at sppd so you can look like a rat hood gangster if you want, we have quite a few that look like that. actually there is no policy at sppd that even makes an officer look professional most are just plain sloppy in appearance, they don't care and neither does the staff.

08-27-2010, 09:19 PM
So how do you really feel about SPPD?

08-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Tattoos are trashy and should be banned. Anyone who currently has tattoos should be forced to get a removal procedure or get fired.
Tattoos are for mixed martial arts fighters, barflies, Dog the Bounty Hunter, and other types of uneducated and unprofessional types.
We dont need uneducated thugs running around trying to intimidate the educated professionals. If they don't like it, they can quit.

08-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Tattoos are trashy and should be banned. Anyone who currently has tattoos should be forced to get a removal procedure or get fired.
Tattoos are for mixed martial arts fighters, barflies, Dog the Bounty Hunter, and other types of uneducated and unprofessional types.
We dont need uneducated thugs running around trying to intimidate the educated professionals. If they don't like it, they can quit.

Hey what about that tramp stamp you have pasted above your azzzzzzz all of your boy friends gaze at while you "service" them fella??

08-28-2010, 04:08 PM
There won't be a tattoo policy while some of the staff and other influential types at SPPD have them.

08-29-2010, 12:39 PM
highly professional, I doubt it... Your are not up with the times, you a old fart. Stuck in the the 50's.
Tattoos are an accepted cultural expressions in art .Time to loose the sterotypical, outdated idealogy.

08-29-2010, 04:11 PM
highly professional, I doubt it... Your are not up with the times, you a old fart. Stuck in the the 50's.
Tattoos are an accepted cultural expressions in art .Time to loose the sterotypical, outdated idealogy.

Any you forgot to add that you -- CITI_ZEN -- are lacking in manners, disrespectful, sloven, shirking, and have no idea what command appearance means. Art is for a museum, not visible parts of LEO's bodies. :oops: :oops:

09-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Playing the "citizen" card? Tattoos do not detract from command presence. The officers that I've seen with ink are usually young guys, often recently separated from the military. If you have attained any kind of rank in the military, leadership and command presence will be something you already have instilled. Are you going to try and tell me that a guy with the eagle, globe, and anchor (USMC) tat puts out the image of a dirtbag? Granted, an officer with a weed leaf tattoo on the side of his neck is not going to look professional, but he probably won't make it past an oral board in the first place.

09-03-2010, 04:15 PM
**Playing the "citizen" card?** Tattoos do not detract from command presence. The officers that I've seen with ink are usually young guys, often recently separated from the military. If you have attained any kind of rank in the military, leadership and command presence will be something you already have instilled. Are you going to try and tell me that a guy with the eagle, globe, and anchor (USMC) tat puts out the image of a dirtbag? Granted, an officer with a weed leaf tattoo on the side of his neck is not going to look professional, but he probably won't make it past an oral board in the first place.

My bust, I was not observant enough to notice that Real LEO was simply referring to the other poster by name. The rest of my diatribe stands.

09-03-2010, 05:54 PM
But I bet the guy with the Omega sign tattooed on his neck makes it.

09-03-2010, 07:10 PM
If you want to be considered a "professional" and have respect, ink that is visible to the pubic is just plain inappropriate. :(

If a person has ink that is visible but is otherwise a good candidate, they could be appointed with a special contract that requires the ink to be covered while on duty (if on arms requiring a long sleeve shirt), or removed surgically as a condition of employment and continued employment. :!: :!: :idea: :idea:

While the "times may be a changing," tats look "criminal" AND UNPROFESSIONAL on LEO's. :x :x

09-03-2010, 09:35 PM
If you want to be considered a "professional" and have respect, ink that is visible to the pubic is just plain inappropriate. :(

If a person has ink that is visible but is otherwise a good candidate, they could be appointed with a special contract that requires the ink to be covered while on duty (if on arms requiring a long sleeve shirt), or removed surgically as a condition of employment and continued employment. :!: :!: :idea: :idea:

While the "times may be a changing," tats look "criminal" AND UNPROFESSIONAL on LEO's. :x :x

Anyone who thinks tattoos are a problem falls into one or more of these categories:
1) sissy nerd who is intimidated by toughness
2) over the hill and out of touch with the times
3) some kind of jesus freak weakling
4) racist

Retire, you old tool.

09-04-2010, 01:33 AM
[quote="real LEO":1jh34tda]If you want to be considered a "professional" and have respect, ink that is visible to the pubic is just plain inappropriate. :(

Anyone who thinks tattoos are a problem falls into one or more of these categories:
4) racist

Retire, you old tool.[/quote:1jh34tda]

You seem to have an anger and aggression problem which means A. You can't work for SPPD or B. You do work for SPPD but have never ground n pound anyone since you can't see below your waistline tuffguy :roll:

09-04-2010, 01:59 AM
[quote="Ground n Pound":c8mv4q13][quote="real LEO":c8mv4q13]If you want to be considered a "professional" and have respect, ink that is visible to the pubic is just plain inappropriate. :(

4) racist

Retire, you old tool.[/quote:c8mv4q13]

You seem to have an anger and aggression problem which means A. You can't work for SPPD or B. You do work for SPPD but have never ground n pound anyone since you can't see below your waistline tuffguy :roll:[/quote:c8mv4q13]

So true...they'd never go for the ol ground n pound in da burg...poser :snicker:

09-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Since when does this department care about professionalism?

09-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Tattoes are just anotha racist ploy by the "white" man to spew his racists words. If you all new you're history you would "KNOW" that tattoes originated as a way to mark the "white man's" slaves so he could claim them if they ran away.

I dont no any self respecting african american man who would mark himself the way the white men used to mark their slaves. It has been proven tattoes also where used as a sort of "price tag" to placemark a value on a newly arrived slave.

ONCE AGAIN, if you racist thugs would take some time out from shaving your heads and read a book you would know the history of tattoes.

09-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Tattoes are just anotha racist ploy by the "white" man to spew his racists words. If you all new you're history you would "KNOW" that tattoes originated as a way to mark the "white man's" slaves so he could claim them if they ran away.

I dont no any self respecting african american man who would mark himself the way the white men used to mark their slaves. It has been proven tattoes also where used as a sort of "price tag" to placemark a value on a newly arrived slave.

ONCE AGAIN, if you racist thugs would take some time out from shaving your heads and read a book you would know the history of tattoes.

Yes, and if you knew how to spell, knew the difference between "your and you're," and had a IQ above 50, people might then call you civilized. But, since you lack all of the above characteristics, you're safe from being confused with a "human being." Go crawl back into your tent. :shock:
Visible "ink" on LEO's when they are in uniform is unprofessional.

09-06-2010, 05:05 PM
It's really bad the way other brothers in this department bash each other over tattoos, personal appearance, looks, work ethics and etc... Just because LEO'S have tattoos does not make them look or become unprofessional. Furthermore, when the crap hits the fan on a call and that one officer who feels that his partners with tattoos are unprofessional and appear to be a thug would not object to being bailed out of a deadly situation by them. No matter what your personal preferences are you should keep them to yourself so as not to cause animosity or descention in the ranks. Remember we are all on the same team. I myself have many tattoos which I obtained in the military while serving in the Gulf War, they all mean something to me and are not offensive in anyway. So don't worry my brother I still have your back in any type of situation and it's nothing personal just business. Keep focused, stay safe and worry about the things that really matter..Protect and Serve.

09-06-2010, 09:43 PM
It's really bad the way other brothers in this department bash each other over tattoos, personal appearance, looks, work ethics and etc... Just because LEO'S have tattoos does not make them look or become unprofessional. Furthermore, when the crap hits the fan on a call and that one officer who feels that his partners with tattoos are unprofessional and appear to be a thug would not object to being bailed out of a deadly situation by them. No matter what your personal preferences are you should keep them to yourself so as not to cause animosity or descention in the ranks. Remember we are all on the same team. I myself have many tattoos which I obtained in the military while serving in the Gulf War, they all mean something to me and are not offensive in anyway. So don't worry my brother I still have your back in any type of situation and it's nothing personal just business. Keep focused, stay safe and worry about the things that really matter..Protect and Serve.

Your points on back-up are valid. But, that is not the issue. The topic was professional appearance to the public with visible ink.

WHILE IN UNIFORM AND ON DUTY, tats do not look professional. :cry:

You can deny it all day long, but it doesn't change the perception of the public. It's like Obama and Pelosi telling us how great a job they're doing; her approval rating has dropped to 11 % -- I think that is an all time low for any House Speaker. OB is a Marxist and will lie to your face all day long. :roll: :roll:

Neither of these change the FACTS. INK ON LEO'S IN UNIFORM IS NOT PROFESSIONAL-- no matter how many times you want to deny it. :idea: :!: :shock:

09-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Maybe you should walk up to the next tattooed cop you see and backhand him in the mouth to show him you are better than him. Maybe then you spit in in his mouth to show him you are serious. But then you better hold onto your Depends diapers, old man, because it's about to get serious up in here.

The tattooed MAN grabs you by your greasy Bryl ream pompador hair style and drags you down to your old arthritic knees. Then you get your dentures punched down the back of your skinny throat.

Or maybe you grow a set and get some ink, you sissy little punk...you don't know nothing about fighting then.

09-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Maybe you should walk up to the next tattooed cop you see and backhand him in the mouth to show him you are better than him. Maybe then you spit in in his mouth to show him you are serious. But then you better hold onto your Depends diapers, old man, because it's about to get serious up in here.

The tattooed MAN grabs you by your greasy Bryl ream pompador hair style and drags you down to your old arthritic knees. Then you get your dentures punched down the back of your skinny throat.

Or maybe you grow a set and get some ink, you sissy little punk...you don't know nothing about fighting then.

Obvioulsy you are making the point I tried to make. You are a racist skin head who feels the need to threaten the "black man" on this board. I cant imagine what you do to innocent black suspects when nobody looking.

09-07-2010, 01:07 AM

Hey sh1t for brains...grow up for gawd sake you immature punk.

09-07-2010, 01:08 AM

Obvioulsy you are making the point I tried to make. You are a racist skin head who feels the need to threaten the "black man" on this board. I cant imagine what you do to innocent black suspects when nobody looking.

Yeah, we cover them in tattoos like we did to Mike Tyson. Idiot.

09-07-2010, 01:11 AM

Wow, you obviously need some psychotherapy and anger management counseling. I sure hope your next stay at the gray-bar motel includes a lot of time in the "control chair" to calm you down.

09-07-2010, 04:00 AM
This tattoo talk is ridiculos...you idiots need to spend more time taking calls and less time posting crybaby comments about tAttoos and maybe some those tattooed up unprofessional looking officers won't come in slammed every day...ahahhhhh

09-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm getting a tat of Go D on my chest.

09-10-2010, 02:55 AM
I'm getting a tat of Go D on my chest.

Here we go again. You racicst zealots have some need to bring the black man down. I am so sorry that a "black man" Goliath Davis has achieved so much in his life. Why must you hate on him??? What ever did the man do to you???

It is obvious to us that you are a bunch a racicst thugs who need to understand that slavery time over. I mean for real? There is a black man in the white house, you all need to get over it already.

May god have mercy on your racicst souls.

09-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Haven't you ever watched Miami Ink or LA Ink? People get tattoos of people they respect and admire on their bodies! I didn't say I was going to get a tat of him on my behind, I said my chest! Maybe even my arm, I don't know yet. Don't be hatin on me fool.

09-10-2010, 05:55 PM
As a citizen of St Petersburg I would prefer if you cover up your tattoos, but really, we have more pressing issues then your tattoos in this city. So even though I would prefer you cover them up, I have other areas that I'm more concerned with.

09-10-2010, 10:17 PM
thats right- full names on the nametags and a serving since plate

09-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Too late. I have a tat of Go D in the crack of my ass. Oh wait. My bad. It's a shizzat stain.

09-11-2010, 02:37 AM
As a citizen of St Petersburg I would prefer if you cover up your tattoos, but really, we have more pressing issues then your tattoos in this city. So even though I would prefer you cover them up, I have other areas that I'm more concerned with.
You could solve the tattoo problem real easy: just beat the crapola out of every tattoo-wearing cop you see. Cops will be so scared of you that they will all have them removed immediately with a rusty butterknife instead of having to contend with the likes of you.

09-11-2010, 02:54 AM
Last time I checked, it's your job to contend with the citizens of this city. If you don't like it, you no where the door is. :D

09-11-2010, 03:09 AM
Maybe you should make me quit, jackwagon. Give it your best shot and take a shot at the title, twerp. Maybe I'll hold you down and lay on your back until your start to moan. I'll lay on you til you love me, boy!

09-11-2010, 03:17 AM
Maybe you should make me quit, jackwagon. Give it your best shot and take a shot at the title, twerp. Maybe I'll hold you down and lay on your back until your start to moan. I'll lay on you til you love me, boy!

You're such an idiot. I love you looong time :wink: