PDA

View Full Version : New Police Station

08-27-2010, 06:10 AM
I heard that a new station is being build. Where is it going to be and will it be done?

08-28-2010, 07:58 AM
How about instead of a new police station, put some more cops in the street...it's a skeleton crew on a daily basis!

08-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Re: New Police Station
by Guest on 08/28/10 03:58:24
How about instead of a new police station, put some more cops in the street...it's a skeleton crew on a daily basis!

I'm sure there is different funding for hiring far as the new station it should be funded by grants. A new station in a better location will give the officers a moral boost.

08-29-2010, 02:07 PM
A new station BOOST Moral. W F*** Country are you living in! How about having a back up on a hot call! I'd think that's a bit more important, then where you show up to get a reprimand or verbal counseling. More Officers on the street would reduce crime/ prevent crimes from happening and generate more needed fi's. When the thugs are 20 deep and you jump out on them, they take off running and you may cat one. How about more officer sto corral them in.

08-29-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm starting to think you guys complain just to complain! Last I checked every police department in the good old USA need more cops. You are the highest paid in Florida but don't know how to be grateful. I bet the MGPD is getting a raise this year! Well guess what, my department isn't. We might even lose money.

I also believe that if the budget could afford more cops you will have them.

08-30-2010, 07:33 AM
I'm starting to think you guys complain just to complain! Last I checked every police department in the good old USA need more cops. You are the highest paid in Florida but don't know how to be grateful. I bet the MGPD is getting a raise this year! Well guess what, my department isn't. We might even lose money.

We don't complain to complain...just cause you hear that cops in MG get paid more than anyone else, don't believe it. I know for a fact Sunrise cops and others get more than us...we're not getting a raise this year. There's no tax base for it...I honestly don't know how they made it this far..so I agree with the last officer..more cops instead of some new BS station that they wanna build. They should have just bought the Carol City station from the jump..

08-31-2010, 05:41 PM

We don't complain to complain...just cause you hear that cops in MG get paid more than anyone else, don't believe it. I know for a fact Sunrise cops and others get more than us...we're not getting a raise this year. There's no tax base for it...I honestly don't know how they made it this far..so I agree with the last officer..more cops instead of some new BS station that they wanna build. They should have just bought the Carol City station from the jump..
We are getting a cost of living increase this October. MGPD takes into account the years of prior service and starts you a much higher pay than other agencies. Many other local agencies dont do that ,they will start you at the base pay. Why do you think so many officers from other agencies came to MGPD for the lower pay? no.

09-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Is Sunrise hiring? No! You guys just don't get it. Did you hear about Miami's possible October 1st salary decrease? A cost of living increase no matter how small is better then a 5 to 12% pay cut.

The new station will be government funded and MGPD is hiring more cops in the near future. It might not be perfect but it's better then most!

09-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Sunrise Police 2010
Police Officer Trainee $29,640.00

Police Officer
Starting $54,619.00
Maximum $77,176.00

I started at $79,000 in 2007 with the MGPD as a Officer III and with the cost of living I'm at about $84,000.

Those figures are slightly lower then MGPD. Like the guy said it might not be perfect but it truly ain't the worst!

09-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Trust me not all the officers at MGPD complain all the time or are disgruntled, just seems like those guys are on here a lot. I personally love my job, no I'm not always happy with the admin but who is? The pay and benefits are good and I enjoy being busy. I do wish we had more cops on the street, as do most agencies and officers, I also know that when they can they will hire more. So we suck it up and do the best we can with what we have. The new station is going to be at the old Wachovia building on 27th Ave just south of the fire dept and the MDPD station. Its my understanding that the city wanted to buy that MDPD building but the county was asking for a very unreasonable amount so the city told them to keep it, I agree. I look forward to a new modern department and plan on being here till I retire in 15 or so more years.

To all the ones that like nothing more than complaining and bashing the department and city; There is nothing keeping you here, if your not happy go somewhere else, or return to the department that you came from. It seems that it has to be better than where you are. Life is to short to be unhappy with where you work. I'm not saying this to be mean or hateful either, I being sincere that if your that unhappy look for somewhere else.

09-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Trust me not all the officers at MGPD complain all the time or are disgruntled, just seems like those guys are on here a lot. I personally love my job, no I'm not always happy with the admin but who is? The pay and benefits are good and I enjoy being busy. I do wish we had more cops on the street, as do most agencies and officers, I also know that when they can they will hire more. So we suck it up and do the best we can with what we have. The new station is going to be at the old Wachovia building on 27th Ave just south of the fire dept and the MDPD station. Its my understanding that the city wanted to buy that MDPD building but the county was asking for a very unreasonable amount so the city told them to keep it, I agree. I look forward to a new modern department and plan on being here till I retire in 15 or so more years.

To all the ones that like nothing more than complaining and bashing the department and city; There is nothing keeping you here, if your not happy go somewhere else, or return to the department that you came from. It seems that it has to be better than where you are. Life is to short to be unhappy with where you work. I'm not saying this to be mean or hateful either, I being sincere that if your that unhappy look for somewhere else.

Good post! Finally someone I work with that is possitive. Even with the recent cuts its still not the worst place to work.

11-10-2011, 02:54 PM

The M.G.P.D., have moved into the neighborhood and do not have the skills that are required to be in the community. We need more officers that were raised in the community and we also need loyalty to other agencies and a little more personality. The only time I have seen officers is flying up and down the road with lights and sirens. Like kids with toys. It's sad Carol City /Miami Gardens is not the same anymore . We need officers who care about the community not about getting an award for taking the most less fortunate people to jail . Really sad !

11-11-2011, 03:09 PM
When Miami Gardens had Metro Dade, the county did not give a rats a$$ about the citizens. That is why the crime rate was high and police would not respond to certain calls in the city. The citizens could not even take a walk outside when Metro was in town. So be happy with the takeover and the changes, because the county don't give a sh*t about Miami Gardens/Carol City.

11-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Is Sunrise hiring? No! You guys just don't get it. Did you hear about Miami's possible October 1st salary decrease? A cost of living increase no matter how small is better then a 5 to 12% pay cut.

The new station will be government funded and MGPD is hiring more cops in the near future. It might not be perfect but it's better then most!

FHP is, you'll be stationed in MIAMI.hahahaha

11-28-2011, 04:54 AM

The M.G.P.D., have moved into the neighborhood and do not have the skills that are required to be in the community. We need more officers that were raised in the community and we also need loyalty to other agencies and a little more personality. The only time I have seen officers is flying up and down the road with lights and sirens. Like kids with toys. It's sad Carol City /Miami Gardens is not the same anymore . We need officers who care about the community not about getting an award for taking the most less fortunate people to jail . Really sad !

Why?? So you can say? "Oh, you don't know who my cousin is? He's Sgt. so-and-so" What skills do you think are required to work in the cesspool you call Carol City? Policing is policing..if the brass had a sack, they would let us do our job. You got bosses that think we don't do our job because we're "scared"..ha! Maybe I don't do my job because you haven't given me a raise in 2 years, I'm taking 5 furlough days this year, and even if I do actually do something, you're not gonna back me up...God forbid I get hurt, worker's comp will push me back out to work simply cause I have a pulse..

You're obviously a troll on this forum..I'm glad I don't live in Carol City..and if I did, best believe I'd be on my porch strapped with a shotgun! haha

01-03-2012, 09:05 PM
I was raised up in, what was back then called, Carol City. And when I visit now I can tell the difference from what it used to be and what it is now. I city has advanced alot. I agree with most of what was said. Some may call it a Sh*t hole but let me tell you something play boy, thats my sh*t hole. If you dont want to work there let me take your spot. I have applied 3 times and still haven't been able to get hired. But on the flip side I understand those of you who are frustrated with the department. I'm also frustrated with my department. I do is instead of just complaining, also come with a solution. It may take a while but sooner of later you will see results. I can speak from experience on that.