PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Chief Exposito

08-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Below is a Letter to the Editor authored by Chief Miguel Exposito that appeared in today's Miami Herald.
Thank you Chief Exposito for pointing out to the media that we are a professional law enforcement agency made up of dedicated employees tasked with a very difficult job.

Department welcomes transparency in city police shootings
During the last few months, a lot of publicity has been generated after several Miami police officers discharged their weapons during the course of their duties. These shootings, which have taken place mainly in Overtown, Little Haiti and Model City/Liberty City, have resulted in suspects' deaths.

While we are still investigating these shootings in accordance with a strict set of guidelines and policies, the public needs to be better informed.

One important duty of a police chief and his command staff is to analyze crime patterns in neighborhoods, listen to the community's concerns and deploy police personnel accordingly. This is what we have done in neighborhoods where violence has been rampant and innocent people, including children, have been shot. We are there because the community is in fear, and residents have asked us for help.

While there are several schools of thought associated with the recent police activity and confrontation in these areas, police have no way to gauge when and where an officer is going to discharge his weapon.

The offender's actions dictate the outcome of the situation and, thus, the way the officer reacts. Increased tactical police presence in these areas at all times of the day obviously creates a scenario for additional encounters between violent offenders and police.

This is because we are actually there when crimes are being committed, or we are taking proactive measures to prevent them from occurring. These are the encounters that make the news.

However, in the last several months, the Miami Police Department has confiscated more than 400 firearms and made dozens of arrests without confrontation or the use of deadly force. These guns are no longer out there to inflict harm on our loved ones.

Aside from listening to the community, police managers also consider our elected officials' concerns. Although we heed those concerns, our determination to take specific police action is made by us, exclusively.

If anyone understands the importance of a pristine investigative process after a police shooting, I do. During the late '90s, in my capacity as major in charge of the Criminal Investigations Section, I supervised the only case in the history of the department involving officers who were investigated and arrested by MPD for shooting a suspect and planting a gun.

The actions I took to ensure we followed proper protocol almost ended my police career, since I had taken an unpopular stance. This case, and subsequent police shootings, led to the ultimate creation of the Civilian Investigative Panel (CIP), a group of people who opine on police shootings.

The Miami Police Department is aware of the CIP's role and presents to it all evidence and statements surrounding police shootings. We shall continue to do so under my administration, as we welcome transparency in our efforts to keep our community safe.

MIGUEL A. EXPOSITO, chief, Miami Police Department, Miami

08-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Thank you Delrish Moss for writing such an eloquent EDITORIAL response, but the fact is that your current CHIEf OF POLICE is morally empty. He is nothing more than a POLTICO who has PANDERED his entire carreer to EX COMMISSIONER Angel Gonzalez and BACKSTABBED his way all the way to the TOP. He has unleashed a machinery of violence and has no idea what COOMUNITY POLICING MEANS OR HOW TO BOND WITH THE COMMUNITY.

Your Chief has no idea what community policing is like, he spend most of his carreer politicking for this position and now that he is the top dog, he doesnt know how to do the job. This job is too big for him, and Ritchie his never seen assistant chief. This staff does not have any interest in listening to the black community, we want the US Justice Department to investigate these shootings and we want the ACLU TO INVESTIGATE IF STAFF MEMBERS MADE STATEMENTS WHICH CONDONED THE USE OF POLICE VIOLENCE AND VIOLATION OF RIGHTS.

08-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Thank you Delrish Moss for writing such an eloquent EDITORIAL response, but the fact is that your current CHIEf OF POLICE is morally empty. He is nothing more than a POLTICO who has PANDERED his entire carreer to EX COMMISSIONER Angel Gonzalez and BACKSTABBED his way all the way to the TOP. He has unleashed a machinery of violence and has no idea what COOMUNITY POLICING MEANS OR HOW TO BOND WITH THE COMMUNITY.

Your Chief has no idea what community policing is like, he spend most of his carreer politicking for this position and now that he is the top dog, he doesnt know how to do the job. This job is too big for him, and Ritchie his never seen assistant chief. This staff does not have any interest in listening to the black community, we want the US Justice Department to investigate these shootings and we want the ACLU TO INVESTIGATE IF STAFF MEMBERS MADE STATEMENTS WHICH CONDONED THE USE OF POLICE VIOLENCE AND VIOLATION OF RIGHTS.

Whatever you say L-T. How do you like midnights? Well to be frank, love seeing you and the other fallen "mighty" wearing your single bar. Does a body GOOD!

08-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Thank you for what? The pay cut and the raises he gave his buddies Blom, the guy for the school police that was going to get fired, Chavez and the rest of the no good kiss azzzz. By the way Diaz get out of Chavez's azzzhole!!!

08-26-2010, 02:46 AM
Dude, your ignorance is showing. Why don't you learn avlittle bit about the place you work. The Chief of Police does not cut salaries or give pay raises at will.

I can see what caused the demise of the previous administration, you former staff members don't know sh!!!!t about the department.

08-26-2010, 03:04 AM
The idiot passing himself off as a county officer apparently has no pride in himself, and frankly I can see why.

Chief, we the working officers thank you for your public support and otherwise. Unlike your predecessor who only cared about his reputation, you have shown us that you have been and continue to be one of us. Don't pay any attention to the handful of idiots that post unflattering things about the job you're doing.

Thank you.

08-26-2010, 03:11 AM
Both Expo and the big guy are morally corrupt. What are they gonna do to me ? Put me on midnights?

08-26-2010, 03:14 AM
Thanks Chief, I know for a fact unlike the previous administration the troops are happy. The department is doing good work and you will never please the the disgruntled ten percent who will do anything to bring the department down.

A Troop

08-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks Chief, I know for a fact unlike the previous administration the troops are happy. The department is doing good work and you will never please the the disgruntled ten percent who will do anything to bring the department down.

A Troop
AMEN to that, Brother!

08-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Below is a Letter to the Editor authored by Chief Miguel Exposito that appeared in today's Miami Herald.
Thank you Chief Exposito for pointing out to the media that we are a professional law enforcement agency made up of dedicated employees tasked with a very difficult job.

During the last few months, a lot of publicity has been generated after several Miami police officers discharged their weapons during the course of their duties. These shootings, which have taken place mainly in Overtown, Little Haiti and Model City/Liberty City, have resulted in suspects' deaths.

While we are still investigating these shootings in accordance with a strict set of guidelines and policies, the public needs to be better informed.

One important duty of a police chief and his command staff is to analyze crime patterns in neighborhoods, listen to the community's concerns and deploy police personnel accordingly. This is what we have done in neighborhoods where violence has been rampant and innocent people, including children, have been shot. We are there because the community is in fear, and residents have asked us for help.

While there are several schools of thought associated with the recent police activity and confrontation in these areas, police have no way to gauge when and where an officer is going to discharge his weapon.

The offender's actions dictate the outcome of the situation and, thus, the way the officer reacts. Increased tactical police presence in these areas at all times of the day obviously creates a scenario for additional encounters between violent offenders and police.

This is because we are actually there when crimes are being committed, or we are taking proactive measures to prevent them from occurring. These are the encounters that make the news.

However, in the last several months, the Miami Police Department has confiscated more than 400 firearms and made dozens of arrests without confrontation or the use of deadly force. These guns are no longer out there to inflict harm on our loved ones.

Aside from listening to the community, police managers also consider our elected officials' concerns. Although we heed those concerns, our determination to take specific police action is made by us, exclusively.

If anyone understands the importance of a pristine investigative process after a police shooting, I do. During the late '90s, in my capacity as major in charge of the Criminal Investigations Section, I supervised the only case in the history of the department involving officers who were investigated and arrested by MPD for shooting a suspect and planting a gun.

The actions I took to ensure we followed proper protocol almost ended my police career, since I had taken an unpopular stance. This case, and subsequent police shootings, led to the ultimate creation of the Civilian Investigative Panel (CIP), a group of people who opine on police shootings.

The Miami Police Department is aware of the CIP's role and presents to it all evidence and statements surrounding police shootings. We shall continue to do so under my administration, as we welcome transparency in our efforts to keep our community safe.

Chief, we have heard you echo the words contained in this letter in TV and radio interviews. What makes you a leader is the fact that you put the troops ahead of anything else, including yourself.

Keep doing what you've been doing. We have your back.

08-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Thank you for what? The pay cut and the raises he gave his buddies Blom, the guy for the school police that was going to get fired, Chavez and the rest of the no good kiss azzzz. By the way Diaz get out of Chavez's azzzhole!!!

And you fall asleep wondering WHY you were demoted. Listen, midnights is YOURS till you leave. But you keep on posting stupid. Love to see how ignorant you butt plugs are.

08-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Chief,
Thank you for your support for the men and women on the front lines. It is truly a departure from the previous administration that cared more about themselves and how they looked than than the troops. I too see the positive difference in the rank and file. There will always be nay sayers and smear mongers but that is all they are. The difficult times we are experiencing require steadfast determination for the mission and un-wavering loyalty to the Department and it's members. You have demonstrated both.

08-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Chief,
Thank you for your support for the men and women on the front lines. It is truly a departure from the previous administration that cared more about themselves and how they looked than than the troops. I too see the positive difference in the rank and file. There will always be nay sayers and smear mongers but that is all they are. The difficult times we are experiencing require steadfast determination for the mission and un-wavering loyalty to the Department and it's members. You have demonstrated both.

Ok Carlitos and Veguita, you made your staements. Now go back and keep sucking A$$$$$$$$$

08-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Thank you for Black Tuesday Chief. That was the day the tyranny ended.

08-27-2010, 02:12 AM
ok new staff members it is time to stop writing on leo. expo doesn't give a hoot about the rank n file, the black community or anything outside the cuban politicians who keep him in power. it is no surprise that armando the lobbiest is the author.

08-27-2010, 12:22 PM
What really makes the haters eat their hearts out is knowing that the rank and file support this chief and express their support on this board.

08-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Other than the sh?t Timoney spoke about banning assault weapons, when did you ever hear him support the troops publicly as Chief Exposito has?

That speaks volume.

08-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Expo the hippo isn't standing up for cops. He is trying to defend his actions. Are you people really that friggin stupid? Read the letter, notice the poor sentence structure while you are at it, and you will see he is doing what he always does; "they tried to fire me".

His show is getting old and is about to come to an end. Oh yeah, expo the hippo, next time you throw out some numbers be sure to also say they are significantly lower then the last three years and that violent crime is off the charts.

08-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Chief, please stop writing about yourself on LEO. I want to gag! You don't care about anyone else but yourself and it is very apparent in your Letter to the Editor of the Herald. Hopefully you will be gone soon and we wont have to read this trash any more.

Chief, we have heard you echo the words contained in this letter in TV and radio interviews. What makes you a leader is the fact that you put the troops ahead of anything else, including yourself.

Keep doing what you've been doing. We have your back.

08-28-2010, 02:51 AM
chief, Miami Police Department, Miami SHOULD BE ROY BROWN OR KEITH CUNNINHAM

WE certaiNly need a new chief, someone who cares about the black community, someone who is sensitive to people of colors. Chief resign we dont have a confidence in you and your staff.

STOP THE VIOLENCE.

08-28-2010, 12:42 PM
To previous post about being more sensitive towards the black community. Violent criminals who are shooting at the police or attempt to do so deserve no other treatment then what they got. Supporting these thugs only ensures that the black community continues to be a place where no businesses in their right mind would ever invest a dime. Therefore, jobs, a safer community, and respect will never come your way. Why would anyone want to come to a community that can't separate themselves from the criminals only because you can't admit that police was right.

08-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Why dont you read the Miami Herald Article on todays news paper " A street soldier fights for neighborhood", is about a lady that lives in Liberty Square who recently got shot. She took a bullet to her right leg and suffered a graze on her left shoulder.
"Caught in the gunfire is so common to the Liberty Square housing project,they even have a Teddy bear Zone".Last year, her oldest son, 32, Kidric Alvin, was shot in the face in a carjacking and her 27-year-old son, Randolph Alvin, was released from state prison in February after a 366-day sentence for marijuana and cocaine possession, and carrying a concealed firearm.

08-30-2010, 06:28 AM
I was amused at the guy who was shot in the head and had blood flowing out of his mouth like a faucet. I bet the officer was looking for a way to turn him off before he leaked too much.
For those of us who don't live in the badlands, can someone please paint a large red stripe around the bad sections of Miami so we can avoid accidentally entering and blowing every stop sign, traffic light and drug dealer to GTFO of the dead zone.
Why do you guys even go there, is it fun to play with those bad dudes?