PDA

View Full Version : Vacant THI positions

08-23-2010, 12:22 PM
How is it that GHQ can say, it is not important to fill our vacant THI positions? They post positions for the building that are non essential and neglect to fill positons that have been vacant for nine months which increases the work load for the other members of our THI squads. If it is about saving money, the last time I checked a Captian's pay is much higher that a corporal's pay.

08-23-2010, 08:19 PM
It is sad when GHQ says that THI is not a "priority". Tell that to the men and women out there busting their butts working these crashes. And if it is a "priority" please start posting the THI positions and filling them with qualified individuals that want to help out and make a difference. God Bless you all!!!

08-24-2010, 10:06 PM
THI squads are being disbanded. One Cpl to a squad and they can double as supervisors. You read it here first.

08-25-2010, 03:40 PM
What? They are trying to cut the positions back. It's funny because everytime I've been in crap-a-hassy for THI schools they have always said how important THI is and how we hear about bad cases for years. They need to stay up with the program and keep as many as they can. It is in the budget, just keep them!

08-25-2010, 06:37 PM
It has always been said that working crashes and having the THI Program was the bread and butter of the Patrol. It seems as if the perspective of the Patrol may have now changed. If that is not the case, I wish they would reiterate what the focus of the Patrol currently is. The way things are being handled is making it very discouraging for me to every desired to take a promotional test again. You study your guts out to pass the test, put yourself in a position to promote and then they just sit on the positions. And they wonder "Why" more people are not taking the test.

08-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Any word on which THI positions are going to be eliminated?

08-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Any word on which THI positions are going to be eliminated?

I heard the Turnpike positions are going to be eliminated. Troops can absorb some of the positions and the rest will go back to the road.

08-30-2010, 08:39 PM
How is it that GHQ can say, it is not important to fill our vacant THI positions? They post positions for the building that are non essential and neglect to fill positons that have been vacant for nine months which increases the work load for the other members of our THI squads. If it is about saving money, the last time I checked a Captian's pay is much higher that a corporal's pay.

Does FHP actually investigate traffic homicides? Or do they just walk a tape, take some pictures, and go with their gut instinct. I feel bad for anyone who dies in a crash investigated by FHP. I'm sure a ton of things will be overlooked or never thought of. You actually have to investigate to clear a traffic homicide. That means you talk to witnesses, interview drivers, verify data, reconstruct the crash. I'll be dammed if I have ever seen FHP in my area spend more two hours at a traffic homicide scene.

08-30-2010, 09:49 PM
20 years ago we investigated them now we just report them

08-30-2010, 10:19 PM

Does FHP actually investigate traffic homicides? Or do they just walk a tape, take some pictures, and go with their gut instinct. I feel bad for anyone who dies in a crash investigated by FHP. I'm sure a ton of things will be overlooked or never thought of. You actually have to investigate to clear a traffic homicide. That means you talk to witnesses, interview drivers, verify data, reconstruct the crash. I'll be dammed if I have ever seen FHP in my area spend more two hours at a traffic homicide scene.

That's cause we so darn good at it that it takes us half the time to investigate a scene, go back to your forum and stop trying to do traffic. Don't you have 911 hang up to go to?

08-30-2010, 10:19 PM
20 years ago we investigated them now we just report them

That sucks, but thanks for the honest view.

08-31-2010, 01:36 AM
THI's down fall started under Chris Knight, he did think THI was important and to this day FHP does not think the death of a human is important evidenced by their pulling THI investigators off of working cases to patrol roads to write tickets during holidays, I guess FHP feels that the dead are just not worth the investigative effort.

08-31-2010, 01:37 AM
opps that post should have Knight did not think THI was important.

08-31-2010, 10:35 PM

That's cause we so darn good at it that it takes us half the time to investigate a scene, go back to your forum and stop trying to do traffic. Don't you have 911 hang up to go to?

Oh I bet that's it. Then again, I bet if I wish hard enough I can be president. Nope, that's not reality either. And by the way, traffic is the easiest part of any cop's day. Unfortunately it's the only part of your day. Don't you have a Signal 4 call to dodge now? And my agency has reinvestigated many of yours due to ****-ups like you.

09-01-2010, 08:24 PM

Once again if you are on this Forum is cause somehow you want to be like us, go where you belong and take that petty theft report at the 7 eleven. By the way, if traffic was so easy how come you guys half of the time don't even know where the case # goes on a Short form report, that's not to mention all the DUI wrecks you guys get thrown out by the SAO. I know our hiring process is rigorous but 1 day you will have your chance to get in, just try to pass the Polygraph first.
Oh I bet that's it. Then again, I bet if I wish hard enough I can be president. Nope, that's not reality either. And by the way, traffic is the easiest part of any cop's day. Unfortunately it's the only part of your day. Don't you have a Signal 4 call to dodge now? And my agency has reinvestigated many of yours due to fazugie-ups like you.

09-01-2010, 08:25 PM

Oh I bet that's it. Then again, I bet if I wish hard enough I can be president. Nope, that's not reality either. And by the way, traffic is the easiest part of any cop's day. Unfortunately it's the only part of your day. Don't you have a Signal 4 call to dodge now? And my agency has reinvestigated many of yours due to fazugie-ups like you.

Once again if you are on this Forum is cause somehow you want to be like us, go where you belong and take that petty theft report at the 7 eleven. By the way, if traffic was so easy how come you guys half of the time don't even know where the case # goes on a Short form report, that's not to mention all the DUI wrecks you guys get thrown out by the SAO. I know our hiring process is rigorous but 1 day you will have your chance to get in, just try to pass the Polygraph first.

09-11-2010, 03:02 AM
FHP is a joke compared to the other jurisdictions in our county. Whenever the word gets out that they got a fatality/sbi case everyone groans because it will not end well. FHP has more DUIs thrown out than any other agency because they can't recall the facts after 2 months or can't understand how to wheel a Defendant in a crash case. What a joke. The petit theft guys know how to do that at least! There is maybe one full time trooper who is worth a damn in our county. :roll:

09-14-2010, 12:24 AM
FHP is a joke compared to the other jurisdictions in our county. Whenever the word gets out that they got a fatality/sbi case everyone groans because it will not end well. FHP has more DUIs thrown out than any other agency because they can't recall the facts after 2 months or can't understand how to wheel a Defendant in a crash case. What a joke. The petit theft guys know how to do that at least! There is maybe one full time trooper who is worth a darn in our county. :roll:

Your County sucks and so do you. Go kiss the Sheriff's ass so you can get a promotion.