PDA

View Full Version : Enforcement Quotas

08-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Who is telling the truth about the enforcement quotas. Chief Brooks reported to the Sun Sentinel that the FOP is full of it, SPD does not have any quotas.

If he is correct, how is it that the chief approved discipline againt an officer for not meeting a traffic enforcement quota?

He should have used the old line, "we don't have quotas, my officers can write all the tickets they want".

08-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Let’s face the facts….it will be much easier for all of us to do our job.

Quotas is the wrong word……..the right words are “activity checks.“ Activity checks are for the lazy PO's who wine to the Unions and the media.

How can a good cop go out and not find folks to stop in any city in S. Florida. Sunrise is not a rural quiet community with no criminal activity.

Traffic infractions and suspicious activity occur frequently in our city. Stopping folks to check them out is ONE way to do our jobs.

08-20-2010, 01:23 PM
start doing FI checks and traffic stops at the end of the shift. Collect overtime and see where the "quota" goes.

08-20-2010, 07:29 PM
start doing FI checks and traffic stops at the end of the shift. Collect overtime and see where the "quota" goes.
Why don't you just do your job???

08-21-2010, 12:43 AM
It seems that the actual template being used to judge productivity is being abused. What should be used to judge a leos yearly review is not particular stats but quality. The way it is being used now is a joke. Go sit at a stop sign for 15 mins and your done. Or allow us to be cops and not ticket writers again and then compare the stats. You will surely see that revenues will drop and that is all that matters.

08-30-2010, 08:05 PM
The only measurement that counts is TICKETS! Arrest felons, handle calls, save a life--none of it matters.

TICKETS = STELLAR PERFORMER!!!

08-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Sorry Sunrise....the above post was intended for the St Pete PD board that I thought I was on. I guess all admin think the same. At ouyrs they actuallyt recognize ticket writers as stellar performers.....good luck down there