PDA

View Full Version : Fine dining at 062

08-20-2010, 02:32 AM
I am a little concerned about the recent news coming out of 062 that officers can no longer eat a quick meal at their desks. The rumor is that officers are going to be allowed to eat snacks but not meals during their 15 minute breaks. Does anyone know if this is going to be a circuit wide or even a statewide policy? Further south in the circuit, many of us are concerned that if this policy is implemented that a clear line will be drawn stating what is a meal and what is a snack. Small portions of fruit and peanuts would almost certainly be considered a snack but what about other trickier items such as beef jerky and yogurt? A whole bag of beef jerky could contain more calories than that of an average meal. Yogurt is another tricky one. A low fat yogurt could be constituted as a snack but say some overzealous officer were to eat a regular yogurt with a banana in the morning? This would immediately propel this officer into the 300 calorie range which COULD be considered a small meal.
From what I'm being told no clear calorie amount has been set at this time in 062 but this could change in the near future.
To any other supervisors or administrators outside of circuit 6, what guidelines and regulations will you be setting for your staff that dares to eat at their desk?

08-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Think of it as Michelle Obama's weight lost program. It may be a good thing, lose weight and then you can apply for a real law enforcement job!!!!!!!

08-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Think of it as Michelle Obama's weight lost program. It may be a good thing, lose weight and then you can apply for a real law enforcement job!!!!!!!

You may have to gain wait to fit in there. :snicker:

08-20-2010, 07:28 PM

Gain wait or weight?

08-20-2010, 08:35 PM

Gain wait or weight?

weight :snicker:

08-20-2010, 11:06 PM
LET's MOVE, 06-2!!!!!!! I will come visit you folks when I take my next vacation with Barack! That will be in a few weeks! :snicker:

08-23-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm thinking we'll get a memo soon or something to sign that will spell out what is considered a snack and what is a meal. The tricky part will be food items like cup o soups or graham crackers with peanut butter (graham crackers a meal saltines a snack?), Could get trickier with those giant snickers bars too....

08-24-2010, 12:28 AM
The question remains where else is this food strike being enforced besides 062?

08-26-2010, 01:19 AM
The first poster is correct. I mean what is a meal? I am really concerned about getting in trouble for eating at my desk. I found a few websites that count calories and may help to decide what a meal is.

Is fruit a meal:
caloriecount.about.com/eating-fruit-considered-meal-ft134816

What about a balanced meal:
www.wisegeek.com/what-is-considered-a-balanced-meal.htm (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-considered-a-balanced-meal.htm)

What about a small meal:
www.webanswers.com/.../what-would-be-co ... eal-749e4e (http://www.webanswers.com/.../what-would-be-considered-a-small-meal-749e4e)

I don't know, I just can't figure out what constitutes a meal. I think I will research this at work for several hours this week. It should be granted as work time as it is for work. I mean what if your on a diet, then you need less than the USDA's 2000 calorie per day recommendation. If this is the case, you could have snacks throughout the day and not worry about having a meal. So is the snack ok to have at your desk? This may need to go up to circuit, since we can't figure this out. What if you are trying to gain weight? Can you eat like 12 snacks and not eat a meal? Although, that may inhibit your weight gain as your metabolism will increase; hence burning more calories. This is a perplexing delimma. I will definely research this at work more and see if I can decipher the verbal policy the department so often implements on its employees. I would really love to form a study group or maybe just get together and brainstorm some ideas. Maybe DR or CR would like to come to our offices for staff meetings and we can work together on this issue. If we all put our minds to this very important delimma we as state officers face, then we should be able to solve this puzzle. For those who wish to join my brainstorming/study group, please contact me at: www.stupid-a**-waste-of-time-retarded-b ... -to-do.com (http://www.stupid-a**-waste-of-time-retarded-bullsh**-that-we-have-more-important-sh**-to-do.com)

08-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Has anyone filed a grievance?

08-27-2010, 02:25 AM
Filing a grievance requires energy....thus calories must be burned. I'm not sure 062 has any motivation left since the food rationing began. Thanks D.L.