Out of the top 50 hour amounts -

9 lieutenants and 12 Sergeants -

almost half are supervisors and liked by the obvious -

Not fair! The little guy needs representation -

A lieutenant makes 80,000 and gets 60+ hours a month on side jobs -

A deputy makes 35,000 and gets a single job if he is lucky -

New sheriff, heck all I want is to be treated equal and make a living :x

07-29-2010, 08:41 PM
I don't understand your post. The office pages out multiple side jobs everyday. It is true some of those at the top of the side job race, have worked for years to secure those jobs. Most of the time they land those gig's because they will work the side jobs you will not. I know several have secured some cush jobs, don't get me wrong we all would like some of those. However the bulk hours from the rest come from saying "yes I will work that job", when most have said NO.

07-30-2010, 02:18 AM
the last post just sounds like one of those top 50 supervisors

07-30-2010, 04:24 AM
Whine, whine, whine. When you've been here for 20 years and businesses like the way you do the job maybe they will request you too. Until then keep crying about how nobody likes you and the world is so unfair. Let me know who you are and I'll give you a signal 15 so you can buy some Vagisil.

07-30-2010, 05:26 AM
Lets cut the bull... supervisors get the most hours because they can take off from their normal hours to go work a side job, where as patrol deputies cannot usually do that.

Furthermore, many of the open side jobs dont get paged out.. they get handled with a phone call to a person who is dependable at taking them, or soembody calls and asks about a specific job and gets it when it comes open.

Those who have been around the longest know best how to work the system, resulting in the most, and best, jobs.

07-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Lets cut the bull... supervisors get the most hours because they can take off from their normal hours to go work a side job, where as patrol deputies cannot usually do that.

Furthermore, many of the open side jobs dont get paged out.. they get handled with a phone call to a person who is dependable at taking them, or soembody calls and asks about a specific job and gets it when it comes open.

Those who have been around the longest know best how to work the system, resulting in the most, and best, jobs.
where have the days gone that your supervisors did not work side jobs ,from your posts the public would think the side jobs are 1'st priority , and your job is an after thought. Do you spend any time with your families ?

07-30-2010, 01:05 PM
You all that are complaining need to get a crash course in how to secure a good job. If you'll g see Tharp, he can tell you how to get free popcorn, tickets to movies and they'll even kick in a soda or two. You'll also see how to get paid more than the other officers due to you having to schedule yourself. Folks, if you can't beat them, join them. Don't sit around thinking that Thelbert is going to fix it and you know how tight Tharp is with the Chief.

07-30-2010, 11:19 PM
from your posts the public would think the side jobs are 1'st priority , and your job is an after thought. Do you spend any time with your families ?

Pretty much every deputy at the S/O is more worried about their sig 15 (side job) than anything else. You can bet on that.

07-31-2010, 02:39 AM
Maybe if we had gotten a raise in the last 3 years we wouldnt need to work side jobs just to pay the bills. i know some poeple have too many toys, but I know that I DONT and still have trouble with a family of 4. Since we cannot work paid overtime, side jobs are the only option.

07-31-2010, 08:51 AM
from your posts the public would think the side jobs are 1'st priority , and your job is an after thought. Do you spend any time with your families ?

Pretty much every deputy at the S/O is more worried about their sig 15 (side job) than anything else. You can bet on that.

Don't include all of us in that. There are some of us that don't work hardly any (if at all), and some of us that actually do care about our families and our regular job. And yes, I have been here for almost ten years so I guess that makes me one of the ones with seniority that gets the personal phone calls for the side jobs, right? Actually, wrong answer. I had my name removed from the side job paging list about five years ago, and the person handling the scheduling does not have my cell phone number. If you are a deputy here, don't assume that just because some of us don't care about anything but side jobs, that we're all like that. If you don't work here, please don't make assumptions about things you know nothing about.

07-31-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm with you prior poster. And I think she has her own list of numbers and those she wants to have her number have it too.

07-31-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm with you prior poster. And I think she has her own list of numbers and those she wants to have her number have it too.
does everything with you guys come down to the inference of sex, there is more to life like being an honorable person, self respect.

07-31-2010, 07:08 PM
does everything with you guys come down to the inference of sex, there is more to life like being an honorable person, self respect.

I didn't see any reference to sex in the previous posts. Maybe it's you who has his or her mind in the gutter.

07-31-2010, 09:09 PM
Don't include all of us in that. There are some of us that don't work hardly any (if at all), and some of us that actually do care about our families and our regular job. And yes, I have been here for almost ten years so I guess that makes me one of the ones with seniority that gets the personal phone calls for the side jobs, right? Actually, wrong answer. I had my name removed from the side job paging list about five years ago, and the person handling the scheduling does not have my cell phone number. If you are a deputy here, don't assume that just because some of us don't care about anything but side jobs, that we're all like that. If you don't work here, please don't make assumptions about things you know nothing about.

Ok, I guess I have finally met the first person at the S/O that doesn't talk about sig 15's on a constant basis.