PDA

View Full Version : JP for Sheriff?

07-29-2010, 02:24 PM
I had to do a double take a few days ago while out and about in the county when I saw a green and gold "John Powell for Sheriff" campaign sign in the grass median of US 29. Is it true, has he started his run for sheriff?

07-29-2010, 04:47 PM
ABM Anybody But Moron

07-29-2010, 07:20 PM
ABM Anybody But Moron
AMEN HE has my vote and support , and lots of volunteers. i also have the morgan tapes from the last campaign .

07-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Be careful on how you promote John just yet, Talbert has already started crying to Johns boss as to Johns up here picking on me and threatening to take my lunch money. Keep some napkins close, he's going to be looking for all the shoulders he can find soon. Let's see how many lies Craig can muster up on this one. The problem is Thelbert doesn't even get close to making a pimple on Johns backside. I guess his opening line will be, He endorsed me and now he wants my job, can someone talk to him for me? Let me give you your answer in advance, NO. Let's see how well you've done as Sheriff and what your budget looks like after three years in office. Let's not forget how much money you've saved on that medical contract at the jail that Wertz said wouldn't work anyway. How's that probation going too. All of your corrections need to be done by Sept 30, 2010 too. If it's any indication, they gave McNesby 6 months to do his. Isn't it funny how much less time they gave you. That could be considered another one of those conspiracy theories you always come up with.

07-31-2010, 01:14 AM
Be careful on how you promote John just yet, Talbert has already started crying to Johns boss as to Johns up here picking on me and threatening to take my lunch money. Keep some napkins close, he's going to be looking for all the shoulders he can find soon. Let's see how many lies Craig can muster up on this one. The problem is Thelbert doesn't even get close to making a pimple on Johns backside. I guess his opening line will be, He endorsed me and now he wants my job, can someone talk to him for me? Let me give you your answer in advance, NO. Let's see how well you've done as Sheriff and what your budget looks like after three years in office. Let's not forget how much money you've saved on that medical contract at the jail that Wertz said wouldn't work anyway. How's that probation going too. All of your corrections need to be done by Sept 30, 2010 too. If it's any indication, they gave McNesby 6 months to do his. Isn't it funny how much less time they gave you. That could be considered another one of those conspiracy theories you always come up with.

And do you really think JP will be any better? Another politician with an agenda, and why would JP leave a state appointed position to be a "county sheriff"? How did JP do in AL when he was a Sheriff? The rumors I heard was he was horrible and people were leaving the department....Just a bag of hot air!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-31-2010, 01:27 AM
Our last medical contractor was ripping us off. What would you want to do layoff 40 people just so we can contract inmate medical out. At least the money stays in the county not in south florida. I don't care one bit if they are not getting their toenails trimmed like they used to do. I say just do enough to keep them breathing any more is excess.

07-31-2010, 03:21 AM
Do I think that JP will be better ????? Duhhhhh ..of course !!!! You people get me, you whine and complain that you need a Sheriff that is from the S/O. You want someone that has walked in your shoes, worn the same uniform and drove the same green & white ...NOW you have a guy that fits your criteria to a "T" and all we say is that he has an "agenda" so lets trash him from the start !!!! WTF. I will say that I initially advocated having a Sheriff from the outside that didnt have close ties to a specific few...as I see it now that may have not been a keen idea. I also know that at the time of the last election there wasnt a lot of choices either. The men and women of the S/O now have a chance to get behind one of your own and help JP win the office of Sheriff. Everyday I see the same few that have answers for everything but a solution for nothing !!!! Im standing with JP !!!!

07-31-2010, 08:14 AM
Do I think that JP will be better ????? Duhhhhh ..of course !!!! You people get me, you whine and complain that you need a Sheriff that is from the S/O. You want someone that has walked in your shoes, worn the same uniform and drove the same green & white ...NOW you have a guy that fits your criteria to a "T" and all we say is that he has an "agenda" so lets trash him from the start !!!! WTF. I will say that I initially advocated having a Sheriff from the outside that didnt have close ties to a specific few...as I see it now that may have not been a keen idea. I also know that at the time of the last election there wasnt a lot of choices either. The men and women of the S/O now have a chance to get behind one of your own and help JP win the office of Sheriff. Everyday I see the same few that have answers for everything but a solution for nothing !!!! Im standing with JP !!!!
You are standing with JP? And who are you? Before I make my mind up I would like to know who is standing with JP.

07-31-2010, 06:49 PM
You are standing with JP? And who are you? Before I make my mind up I would like to know who is standing with JP. probably most every one who wears a uniform and actually does the work.J.P is the man.

08-01-2010, 03:42 AM
I can promise you this. He won't have some nut job like Craig on the payroll. Every one of us should have a problem with him working here. He's a liar, stupid and just a down right card carrying squirrel. It doesn't surprise me that Morgan understands him, he's like his twin. He allows Craig to solicit business through his position at the office for his BLAB program. Tell me that's not a conflict. He'll get a complete list of business owners in a few months. Let's watch him explain that away. good luck.

08-01-2010, 09:28 AM
and wore the "uniform" like RM did? Lets come up with a new line. Tell us something he is TRUELY fighting for or give a link to his website and let us see what he is fighting for? How did his time as Dothan police chief go? What does his troops feel about him after he left?

08-01-2010, 12:12 PM
and wore the "uniform" like RM did? Lets come up with a new line. Tell us something he is TRUELY fighting for or give a link to his website and let us see what he is fighting for? How did his time as Dothan police chief go? What does his troops feel about him after he left?
if he can lie as well as morgan and craig he can just smile at the camera and get elected, some of the shi# he has allowed craig to do borders on illegal if morgan is as smart as he thinks he is he wouldnt even run too many gunning for him and craig. DUH we know how to lie , thats all it takes.

08-02-2010, 03:29 PM
[quote="Thelbert for State Senate":2wkczxnr]Be careful on how you promote John just yet, Talbert has already started crying to Johns boss as to Johns up here picking on me and threatening to take my lunch money. Keep some napkins close, he's going to be looking for all the shoulders he can find soon. Let's see how many lies Craig can muster up on this one. The problem is Thelbert doesn't even get close to making a pimple on Johns backside. I guess his opening line will be, He endorsed me and now he wants my job, can someone talk to him for me? Let me give you your answer in advance, NO. Let's see how well you've done as Sheriff and what your budget looks like after three years in office. Let's not forget how much money you've saved on that medical contract at the jail that Wertz said wouldn't work anyway. How's that probation going too. All of your corrections need to be done by Sept 30, 2010 too. If it's any indication, they gave McNesby 6 months to do his. Isn't it funny how much less time they gave you. That could be considered another one of those conspiracy theories you always come up with.

And do you really think JP will be any better? Another politician with an agenda, and why would JP leave a state appointed position to be a "county sheriff"? How did JP do in AL when he was a Sheriff? The rumors I heard was he was horrible and people were leaving the department....Just a bag of hot air!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:2wkczxnr]

You heard? Is that the best you can do? John has no agenda, he is a man who has a desire to be the sheriff of a county he loves. People left Dothan Police Department for two reasons. (1) the City Manager asked that he clean up a good ole boy system and get the slack a**'s gone, he did it. (2) The city would not approve raises and the best they would do is a 1% cost of living raise. People left for better pay, unfortunately it just happened to be when John was appointed. John brought a 12 million dollar radio system to the city, went to Washington and begged for money to get the system. John begged the City to give an across the board raise to the officers, it took 2 years of begging before they caved and gave 3,500 yearly across the board. The agency had not had new Polices vehicles in 5 years before John showed up. John had 30 brand new vehicles 1 year of being at the department and 30 the next. Now, an old saying my Grandfather used to say "Its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

08-02-2010, 08:04 PM
JP's work history is all over the board. When someone is good at what they do they usually stay with it. Jp has been this and that, but not for very long. That bothers me.

Also wasn't JP the guy who woke the guy up at the beach with a stun gun?????

08-02-2010, 08:46 PM
gee do we always go back to the stunt gun incident, when elected he will probably have to use the stun gun to get davey2 and the rest of the deadbeats out of the building.

08-02-2010, 10:13 PM
If someone in patrol did the same thing you would say, "man what an idiot, they need to be fired." If Sheriff Morgan had did this in his past you would say, "He should have never been a sheriff with that kind of poor judgement." It is interesting when there is a candidate that you see will hook you up you say, "can't we just overlook this?"

08-03-2010, 02:30 AM
If someone in patrol did the same thing you would say, "man what an idiot, they need to be fired." If Sheriff Morgan had did this in his past you would say, "He should have never been a sheriff with that kind of poor judgement." It is interesting when there is a candidate that you see will hook you up you say, "can't we just overlook this?"
if you can overlook morgans total ineptness and the truth has never come out of his mouth, then the stun gun thing was a mistake but i can except a person who makes a mistake 12 yrs ago to a perpetual liar.

08-03-2010, 07:31 AM
If you really want a good campaign commercial play the audio and then show the in car video from the Sheriff's Morgans traffic stop. Remember the one where the guy didn't stop?! Bet you didn't know there was an in car video. Not Morgans ofcourse, but from one of the units on scene. Wait it wasn't turned in to evidence?! No Sir it wasn't.

08-03-2010, 10:00 AM
gee do we always go back to the stunt gun incident, when elected he will probably have to use the stun gun to get davey2 and the rest of the deadbeats out of the building.

Wait a FREAKING MINUTE...we are using "stunt" guns now? Isn't that a movie prop or something?

08-03-2010, 10:03 AM
[quote="Oh really?":38brasfy][quote="Thelbert for State Senate":38brasfy]Be careful on how you promote John just yet, Talbert has already started crying to Johns boss as to Johns up here picking on me and threatening to take my lunch money. Keep some napkins close, he's going to be looking for all the shoulders he can find soon. Let's see how many lies Craig can muster up on this one. The problem is Thelbert doesn't even get close to making a pimple on Johns backside. I guess his opening line will be, He endorsed me and now he wants my job, can someone talk to him for me? Let me give you your answer in advance, NO. Let's see how well you've done as Sheriff and what your budget looks like after three years in office. Let's not forget how much money you've saved on that medical contract at the jail that Wertz said wouldn't work anyway. How's that probation going too. All of your corrections need to be done by Sept 30, 2010 too. If it's any indication, they gave McNesby 6 months to do his. Isn't it funny how much less time they gave you. That could be considered another one of those conspiracy theories you always come up with.

And do you really think JP will be any better? Another politician with an agenda, and why would JP leave a state appointed position to be a "county sheriff"? How did JP do in AL when he was a Sheriff? The rumors I heard was he was horrible and people were leaving the department....Just a bag of hot air!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:38brasfy]

So if he did such a great job, why did he leave? We are getting a new radio system worth millions and we have orders of over 40+ patrol vehicles again so tell us something really great or is this another stunt of hot air?

You heard? Is that the best you can do? John has no agenda, he is a man who has a desire to be the sheriff of a county he loves. People left Dothan Police Department for two reasons. (1) the City Manager asked that he clean up a good ole boy system and get the slack a**'s gone, he did it. (2) The city would not approve raises and the best they would do is a 1% cost of living raise. People left for better pay, unfortunately it just happened to be when John was appointed. John brought a 12 million dollar radio system to the city, went to Washington and begged for money to get the system. John begged the City to give an across the board raise to the officers, it took 2 years of begging before they caved and gave 3,500 yearly across the board. The agency had not had new Polices vehicles in 5 years before John showed up. John had 30 brand new vehicles 1 year of being at the department and 30 the next. Now, an old saying my Grandfather used to say "Its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".[/quote:38brasfy]

08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
If you really want a good campaign commercial play the audio and then show the in car video from the Sheriff's Morgans traffic stop. Remember the one where the guy didn't stop?! Bet you didn't know there was an in car video. Not Morgans ofcourse, but from one of the units on scene. Wait it wasn't turned in to evidence?! No Sir it wasn't.
i am sure it has been done away with , but we can always ask about it , lots of people have some audio, KEYSTONE COP.

08-03-2010, 06:31 PM
[quote="You are hot air":25zf20m3][quote="Oh really?":25zf20m3][quote="Thelbert for State Senate":25zf20m3]Be careful on how you promote John just yet, Talbert has already started crying to Johns boss as to Johns up here picking on me and threatening to take my lunch money. Keep some napkins close, he's going to be looking for all the shoulders he can find soon. Let's see how many lies Craig can muster up on this one. The problem is Thelbert doesn't even get close to making a pimple on Johns backside. I guess his opening line will be, He endorsed me and now he wants my job, can someone talk to him for me? Let me give you your answer in advance, NO. Let's see how well you've done as Sheriff and what your budget looks like after three years in office. Let's not forget how much money you've saved on that medical contract at the jail that Wertz said wouldn't work anyway. How's that probation going too. All of your corrections need to be done by Sept 30, 2010 too. If it's any indication, they gave McNesby 6 months to do his. Isn't it funny how much less time they gave you. That could be considered another one of those conspiracy theories you always come up with.

And do you really think JP will be any better? Another politician with an agenda, and why would JP leave a state appointed position to be a "county sheriff"? How did JP do in AL when he was a Sheriff? The rumors I heard was he was horrible and people were leaving the department....Just a bag of hot air!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:25zf20m3]

So if he did such a great job, why did he leave? We are getting a new radio system worth millions and we have orders of over 40+ patrol vehicles again so tell us something really great or is this another stunt of hot air?

You heard? Is that the best you can do? John has no agenda, he is a man who has a desire to be the sheriff of a county he loves. People left Dothan Police Department for two reasons. (1) the City Manager asked that he clean up a good ole boy system and get the slack a**'s gone, he did it. (2) The city would not approve raises and the best they would do is a 1% cost of living raise. People left for better pay, unfortunately it just happened to be when John was appointed. John brought a 12 million dollar radio system to the city, went to Washington and begged for money to get the system. John begged the City to give an across the board raise to the officers, it took 2 years of begging before they caved and gave 3,500 yearly across the board. The agency had not had new Polices vehicles in 5 years before John showed up. John had 30 brand new vehicles 1 year of being at the department and 30 the next. Now, an old saying my Grandfather used to say "Its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".[/quote:25zf20m3][/quote:25zf20m3]

He left to double his pay, and who wouldn't. I was making a point with just a few things John accomplished while in Dothan. I wasn't attempting to have a D*ck measuring contest. I was simply answering to a statement someone posted who had no idea what they were talking about.

08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
90% or better of those persons that leave the S.O. do so in an effort to make more money.

08-03-2010, 11:37 PM
The other 10% leave because they are prosecuted-)

08-09-2010, 10:56 PM
And do you really think JP will be any better? Another politician with an agenda, and why would JP leave a state appointed position to be a "county sheriff"? How did JP do in AL when he was a Sheriff? The rumors I heard was he was horrible and people were leaving the department....Just a bag of hot air!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a wind bag! JP wasn't a "Sheriff" in AL, he was the Chief of Police in Dothan - you should check your sources. As to why would he want to be a county sheriff, simple...$$$$$$$.

08-14-2010, 10:39 PM
anybody but morgan, 2012 new bumper sticker

08-15-2010, 01:15 AM
A vote for JP is a vote for EB. I say anybody but Eddie!!!

08-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Report this postReply with quoteRe: JP for Sheriff?
by Guest on 08/14/10 21:15:04

A vote for JP is a vote for EB. I say anybody but Eddie!!!

Wayne, is that you again? You need to kepp up with your ex more so than anyone on here.

08-15-2010, 11:01 AM
What a wind bag! JP wasn't a "Sheriff" in AL, he was the Chief of Police in Dothan - you should check your sources. As to why would he want to be a county sheriff, simple...$$$$$$$.

JP left for more money? Give me a break!!! He knew what the pay was before he got there. What the real reason is that he wants to take his greed for money and gain the power of being a county sheriff since it is all about money+power. I hope if he gets elected he can change the taser policy and allow us to tase drunks passed out.

Why couldn't we have someone like (Ret) Capt Summerlin, Enquist or someone who had integrity and valuable time on the department?

08-15-2010, 02:01 PM
EB will be for JP, what RE was for LS. I'll do anything JP just put me back in Narcotics!

08-15-2010, 04:24 PM
J.P. Will bring his buddies here too. Look what he did for Lance!

08-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Please tell us, what did he do for Lance? I assuming you mean the former Deputy Sheriff Lance, the one who got into a fist fight while on duty and in uniform with another Deputy Sheriff who was also on duty and in uniform. Is this the Lance you are talking about?

08-15-2010, 07:48 PM
....would that be the infamous "Brawl @ The Mall" starring Lance & Rex....JP maybe a better sheriff than the incumbent....maybe he has growed up some....I dunno...I worked with him some in the 80's and thought he was the most egotistical person I have known. Look up Narrcistic in the dictionary and there will be a picture of John Powell next to it. Don't want to sound mean spirited but that is just my opinion. Everyone has some baggage and they're own followers....and enemies...would he make Kay his secretary???
In another thread somewhere on here someone brought up the names of some good possibilities, at least in their mind, One of them was Eric Enquist. Now there is a pretty sharp guy, never been a problem that I know of, I have not spoken a hundred words with him but I always came away pretty impressed with him. I know the downside everyone has is he never worked patrol. Well , like many other folks I like people that have paid their dues,walked the walk,yada yada~!!!! He always came across as personable,neat for sure,methodical,respectable & scandel free and fair ...don't hear anybody ever complaining about him ....anyway just my rambles on a rainy afternoon. I don't have a horse in this race or any for that matter. Ya'all be careful out there~!!!

08-16-2010, 10:48 PM
....would that be the infamous "Brawl @ The Mall" starring Lance & Rex....JP maybe a better sheriff than the incumbent....maybe he has growed up some....I dunno...I worked with him some in the 80's and thought he was the most egotistical person I have known. Look up Narrcistic in the dictionary and there will be a picture of John Powell next to it. Don't want to sound mean spirited but that is just my opinion. Everyone has some baggage and they're own followers....and enemies...would he make Kay his secretary???
In another thread somewhere on here someone brought up the names of some good possibilities, at least in their mind, One of them was Eric Enquist. Now there is a pretty sharp guy, never been a problem that I know of, I have not spoken a hundred words with him but I always came away pretty impressed with him. I know the downside everyone has is he never worked patrol. Well , like many other folks I like people that have paid their dues,walked the walk,yada yada~!!!! He always came across as personable,neat for sure,methodical,respectable & scandel free and fair ...don't hear anybody ever complaining about him ....anyway just my rambles on a rainy afternoon. I don't have a horse in this race or any for that matter. Ya'all be careful out there~!!!
How about Retired Copper dusting off "some" vintage encounters with JP from nearly 30 years ago (like some people don't mature over time) and trying to make them relevant. Then, in the same breath endorses a "pretty sharp guy" with whom he hasn't "spoken a hundred words" (overwhelming credibility if ever there were). And I like how he points out that Enquist's "downside" that he's never worked Patrol. How about he's never worked...period. Which is exactly why "came across as personable, neat for sure". It's not very hard to come across that way when you've never had your d*ck knocked in the dirt.

08-17-2010, 01:36 AM
It's all about J.P.'s ego just this Sheriff and RonnieMac too

08-22-2010, 07:56 PM
..I probably shouldn't have posted as heavily as I did about egos and stuff...but he does have one...little more bigger and noticable than most others, at least he USED to come across that way!! It is somewhat difficult to pin down what qualities we want in our bosses and to what % mixture of different traits make them more.... errrr "Sheriffable" lets say for lack of a better word. Now I would not hesitate to go thru a door with JP...well @ least back in the day and still probably today...but that does not mean he is the best candidate for Sheriff.
All I meant about Eric is he comes across as ..."Sheriffable"...someone that looks ,speaks,writes and manages to put the right peg in the right hole etc...but that does not mean I would go through a door with him...ya know what I mean???
I do not have a clue on whether Eric wants to run for CAR 1 or not and I don't rally give a rats patuey....but someone else brought up his name (And I believe Laron summerlins also ) and I took the liberty of commenting about 1 of the names....thats all~!
So I geuss you are gonna blow a whole bunch of "Dust Off" this...I wonder if anyone has asked some of the Dothan officers how they feel he was with them~???? Supposedly as we get older we get wiser....I am sure this has occured with JP~!!! Have a great day!

08-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Asking Dothan and Beverage officers what they think makes a lot of sense, Copper!

08-23-2010, 06:09 PM
You call him JP. We know him as Director Powell. He has done a fantastic job and has universal acceptance within the agency. He has already been recognized for his leadership with an interim appointment as Deputy Secretary of the department. He handles issues with effeciency and effectiveness and is concerned about this agency and it's people. He has a great sense of purpose and makes all of us feel like we are part of the team. In case any of you were wondering we feel the same way about Lance. He is a good guy as well.

08-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

08-23-2010, 08:35 PM
You call him JP. We know him as Director Powell. He has done a fantastic job and has universal acceptance within the agency. He has already been recognized for his leadership with an interim appointment as Deputy Secretary of the department. He handles issues with effeciency and effectiveness and is concerned about this agency and it's people. He has a great sense of purpose and makes all of us feel like we are part of the team. In case any of you were wondering we feel the same way about Lance. He is a good guy as well.

We called him Sir but you know him as Car 1. He did a fantastic job and was widely accepted in the Air Force. He has been highly decorated during his long career and handled issue under his command with leadership and effectiveness and always had an open door policy. He made us and our families feel as one team and is a great guy.

(To prove a point, anyone can type something and make you believe it came from a place they worked at.)

08-23-2010, 10:51 PM

We called him Sir but you know him as Car 1. He did a fantastic job and was widely accepted in the Air Force. He has been highly decorated during his long career and handled issue under his command with leadership and effectiveness and always had an open door policy. He made us and our families feel as one team and is a great guy.

(To prove a point, anyone can type something and make you believe it came from a place they worked at.) PIEEEEASE,give us a break , you can have him back in 2012,

08-25-2010, 01:54 AM
So j.P. Walks onthe water........ I doubt that .....he and Lance lack character. That doesn't change over the years. You may not like Sheriff Morgan, but J.P. Is not the answer. Pick someone else .

08-25-2010, 03:17 AM
So j.P. Walks onthe water........ I doubt that .....he and Lance lack character. That doesn't change over the years. You may not like Sheriff Morgan, but J.P. Is not the answer. Pick someone else .
There is no one else. Regardless of who runs you people will never be happy. Serpico could run and you people would ***** because he quit his job back in the 70s after getting shot in the face (I can already hear some of you calling him a coward). What's quite funny about the whole thing is you all are complaining about the one man who Morgan absolutely fears the most. I guess it really isn't "Anybody But Morgan", now is it?

08-27-2010, 02:02 PM

(To prove a point, anyone can type something and make you believe it came from a place they worked at.) WE call hum inept at his job .Then he does have Davey 2 to advise him to look stupid with all the different COSTUMES he wears as sheriff

08-27-2010, 10:59 PM

(To prove a point, anyone can type something and make you believe it came from a place they worked at.) WE call hum inept at his job .Then he does have Davey 2 to advise him to look stupid with all the different COSTUMES he wears as sheriff
WE call you inept at grammar and you constantly advertise your stupidity in all your posts. Go clean a toilet.

09-12-2010, 05:43 AM
I hear that Director Dennis Williams is back in our area and the word is he has been appraoched to run for Sheriff. He knows the office, the problems, is not really an insider but certainly has the skill sets and experience...
+

09-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Dennis Williams for sheriff? :snicker:

His inept leadership brought staffing shortages and extremely high leave balances.

His inept leadership groomed Barbara Wertz who cant make a decision without calling Santa Rosa to see how they do things.

His inept leadership groomed Brenda Chromiak. Bets thing to happen under her command was the fact she was transferred to oversee the Chaplains.

The sheriffs office doesnt need the leadership of Dennis Williams. He has already don enough damage. :roll:

09-12-2010, 12:11 PM
I hear that Director Dennis Williams is back in our area and the word is he has been appraoched to run for Sheriff. He knows the office, the problems, is not really an insider but certainly has the skill sets and experience...
+

You realy are kidding me right? I guess you are a really new guy who fell into his "deep, dark well"!! Dennis Williams is an IDIOT and has no business being here. He has an ego that trumps anyone I have ever met and it's his F-ups that land the corrections side upside down in management. He is another one of the McNoodle LOSERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

09-12-2010, 02:02 PM
All of this may be true or non of it may be true. The fact is the truth doesn't really mean anything in an election. Just look at past elections for verification that who is right takes a back seat to who has the money. You spend enough money and you are in. A good line of BS coupled with a smile and a warm handshake will cause the checks to roll in. You have to remember that the majority of voters never have any real contact with the jail or county government. The majority of voters are ignorant and misinformed. I could pick someone off the street and given enough money, see them elected to any office in this county. Don't hold out hope that one candidate is actually better than the others. Your only real hope is that your guy spends more money than the others

09-12-2010, 03:37 PM
All of this may be true or non of it may be true. The fact is the truth doesn't really mean anything in an election. Just look at past elections for verification that who is right takes a back seat to who has the money. You spend enough money and you are in. A good line of BS coupled with a smile and a warm handshake will cause the checks to roll in. You have to remember that the majority of voters never have any real contact with the jail or county government. The majority of voters are ignorant and misinformed. I could pick someone off the street and given enough money, see them elected to any office in this county. Don't hold out hope that one candidate is actually better than the others. Your only real hope is that your guy spends more money than the others
you are correct in your view of the majority of voters , but i think to some extend the silent majority has been awakened by the lies of washington and all politicians in general sometimes you wonder if ignorance and apathy rule the day ,idont know and i dont care.

09-14-2010, 01:25 AM
While I do agree that DW was one of the worst things to happen to this agency don't ever underestimate him. He is smart and knows how to work the system. Watch him and don't him sneak up on us while we are distracted by our current disaster.

09-14-2010, 03:12 AM
Be nice to have a decent candidate run. Dennis had a history from South Florida that would turn your hair white.

becauseican
11-18-2010, 04:00 AM
I am certain that whomever claims that Barbara Wertz calls Santa Rosa for input has no idea what they are talking about. First of all, she is back in the position she is in because the first strike to the new administration of the jail was a no go and that individual has been tucked away and hidden elsewhere. Second of all, Santa Rosa calls Escambia County on MANY occasions to inquire as to how they do business. Even if she has ever called Santa Rosa for advice, what is wrong with that? Neighboring agencies sharing ideas and information is only beneficial to both departments. Lastly, whenever she does retire from the agency, the detention division is going to face a major challenge in finding a leader that knows the job as well as she does. I think the fact of the matter here is that there are some people out there that just can't stomach the fact that a woman is in a position of authority and does an excellent job of maintaining the orderliness of the operations of the facilities...... :!:

11-23-2010, 02:08 AM
With the changing of the guard at the Governor level I have started hearing that resignations are being asked for of "The Pleasure Of " people. Is JP one of them? If he is that might make a run at the SO more likely but down the road a tad. How is this for a scenario; Morgan goes on this transition team with Scott and The Gov takes a liking to him, offers him a big wheel position @ State level. Gov then has to select a replacement until the next election...enter JP stage left...well maybe stage "Right" as the GOP is going to be in control. How is that for a possibility?? Stranger things have happened....even if only the 1st part does happen and not the 2nd....you got rid of Morgan...I bet his EGO would go for it!!!!

11-23-2010, 02:41 AM
Nice try but even if he is offered a "big wheel" position, Sheriff Morgan won't take it. He was elected sheriff and will serve out his term. He's already assured his supporters that he'll run for one more term as sheriff. I, for one, believe it.

11-24-2010, 03:56 AM
With the changing of the guard at the Governor level I have started hearing that resignations are being asked for of "The Pleasure Of " people. Is JP one of them? If he is that might make a run at the SO more likely but down the road a tad. How is this for a scenario; Morgan goes on this transition team with Scott and The Gov takes a liking to him, offers him a big wheel position @ State level. Gov then has to select a replacement until the next election...enter JP stage left...well maybe stage "Right" as the GOP is going to be in control. How is that for a possibility?? Stranger things have happened....even if only the 1st part does happen and not the 2nd....you got rid of Morgan...I bet his EGO would go for it!!!![size=85]

Yes it is true that JP was asked for his resignation along with Monday, unsure if Kelly, who also is on probation was asked the same. Hopefully we dont loose them at this time.

11-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Nice try but even if he is offered a "big wheel" position, Sheriff Morgan won't take it. He was elected sheriff and will serve out his term. He's already assured his supporters that he'll run for one more term as sheriff. I, for one, believe it.

Yeah, RIGHT!!! He assured his supporters MANY things, that he has not followed through with. If you believe anything he says, you are living in a dream. Go back to bed.
I know some smart** will say what has he not followed through with? #1- everyone in my admininstration will have a degree, #2- education will count towards promotion, #3- I will give deputies a raise, #4- no more good ole boy system, #5-LA will NEVER be chief. I could go on, but why?

11-24-2010, 11:56 PM

Yeah, RIGHT!!! He assured his supporters MANY things, that he has not followed through with. If you believe anything he says, you are living in a dream. Go back to bed.
I know some smart** will say what has he not followed through with? #1- everyone in my admininstration will have a degree, #2- education will count towards promotion, #3- I will give deputies a raise, #4- no more good ole boy system, #5-LA will NEVER be chief. I could go on, but why?
AMEN there is not enough room to list the promises he made and has broken, but we get to ask come re-election time.

11-25-2010, 05:21 AM
Yes the sentence "Commander Aiken will never be chief" was spoken a few times by car 1. Why would he put a man in that position that only has a high school education??? Education counts for something, right Sheriff?

11-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes the sentence "Commander Aiken will never be chief" was spoken a few times by car 1. Why would he put a man in that position that only has a high school education??? Education counts for something, right Sheriff?
I think he meant to say all you uneducated deputies will get a degree except my CHIEFS and they don;t really need one

11-27-2010, 01:50 AM
JP is a liar with no ethics. He lied on employees at his last 3 jobs. Cant wait till he goes public we gonna bring out the skeletons! He has been compared to Charles Manson.

11-28-2010, 07:15 AM
JP is a liar with no ethics. He lied on employees at his last 3 jobs. Cant wait till he goes public we gonna bring out the skeletons! He has been compared to Charles Manson.

Look you uneducated hillbilly, if you cant speak correctly don't type. JP has done nothing of the sort. I cant wait till he goes public myself. JP is the Law Enforcement Officer we need in the county. JP fights for his people, will back the troops, and will allow his officers to be pro-active. I speak from experience.

11-28-2010, 08:59 AM

Look you uneducated hillbilly, if you cant speak correctly don't type. JP has done nothing of the sort. I cant wait till he goes public myself. JP is the Law Enforcement Officer we need in the county. JP fights for his people, will back the troops, and will allow his officers to be pro-active. I speak from experience.

I always look for my advice from someone named quiet fart.

11-28-2010, 12:35 PM
JP has been good for ABT. He will be good for ECSO. WE hope he says but the gov will make that decision and there is little doubt he has an agenda. I expect the gov to bring in a bunch of so called business experts (you know like the one's that ran HCA) and finish the job stated by the worst gov in history - John Ellis Bush.

11-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Then why has JP worked at so many places? His own agenda is right and this place is just another notch for his ego belt. If he is "true" to our department, why did he leave us and Dothan PD?

11-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Working for different agencies in varying capacities helps make a well rounded and experienced person. I would rather see someone that has been there and done that instead of a person that spent a career at one agency doing one thing. Kind of like the approach taken by Bob Graham during his "work days"
People don't look at jobs now like our parents did. They move around. Nothing wrong with that.

11-28-2010, 05:31 PM
I am voting for the canidate whose only goal is to rid the streets of criminals. We all know that will never %100 percent happen, but the canidate who has their heart in that place will be who I will vote for. Morgan has already proved he will not do that. If another canidate doesn't have that goal as a primary goal, I just assume keep Morgan.

11-28-2010, 07:28 PM
[quote=Guest]JP is a liar with no ethics. He lied on employees at his last 3 jobs. Cant wait till he goes public we gonna bring out the skeletons! He has been compared to Charles Manson.

Then why has JP worked at so many places? His own agenda is right and this place is just another notch for his ego belt. If he is "true" to our department, why did he leave us and Dothan PD?[/quote:15rlrl3d]

Using that logic I guess it means when we elect a President, he should have never worked anywhere in the House or Senate, never a Governor, just some guy off the street? I'm not a fan of JP, but just because someone moves up the ladder and takes on bigger jobs and more responsibilities is no reason to criticize. These candidates bring with them a mixture of experiences and new ideas from all the places they have worked. It's never bad if those ideas are used to progress the department. May want to re-think that position.

11-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Find somebody else. JP won't run. A democrat won't win here. If he switches parties the Republicans and Democrats will both be pissed about that. He can't win. He can't beat Morgan. So why run?

11-28-2010, 08:51 PM
I am voting for the canidate whose only goal is to rid the streets of criminals. We all know that will never %100 percent happen, but the canidate who has their heart in that place will be who I will vote for. Morgan has already proved he will not do that. If another canidate doesn't have that goal as a primary goal, I just assume keep Morgan.
I will just assume that you are an idiot......if you want to Keep Moron. John Powell is the right man for the County....and he will not have to have the States Attorneys Office to tell him to keep his mouth shut because he is telling the entire case to the public. When John prefiles, call him and ask him what he can, and will do for the Deputies, and dont talk behind his back.

11-29-2010, 12:58 AM
I will just assume that you are an idiot......if you want to Keep Moron. John Powell is the right man for the County....and he will not have to have the States Attorneys Office to tell him to keep his mouth shut because he is telling the entire case to the public. When John prefiles, call him and ask him what he can, and will do for the Deputies, and dont talk behind his back.
please for god sake he has to run as a republican a democrat can;t win , too many tea party people who will not vote democrat i dont care who he is, he can beat morakin .

11-29-2010, 03:42 AM
I do believe a LINE has been crossed here....beyond the pale~!