PDA

View Full Version : ACTIVITY?????

07-29-2010, 04:01 AM
Activity? I thought persons were not supposed to talk to subordinates about activity????? I got a LONG SPEECH about activity from my Sgt. yesterday. I told him he was not able to speak to me about the A WORD, but he said he didn't care. Can anyone tell me if we have reinstated a

Q U O T A ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

someone call ex. trooper Maul.... or the ex. Maj of troop C?

Please let me know......

07-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Activity? I thought persons were not supposed to talk to subordinates about activity????? I got a LONG SPEECH about activity from my Sgt. yesterday. I told him he was not able to speak to me about the A WORD, but he said he didn't care. Can anyone tell me if we have reinstated a

Q U O T A ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

someone call ex. trooper Maul.... or the ex. Maj of troop C?

Please let me know...... yea I know it's bullshit. They go around the whole number quotas thing by not mentioning any numbers, but they can say that your not doing your job( failure to perform job duties). They can still **** you like that. How many tickets and total contacts do you get in a month?

07-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Its just part of the FHP BS. You will have to deal with it your whole career here. If you say something they will lable you as a trouble maker. Unfortunately, there will be troopers who you work with that are easily brain washed and believe it. So they will talk S*** behind your back. Just write more tickets. Its to big for you to fight. Been there and my activity was average. Definitely not the lowest of the district.

07-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I figured out a simple solution to the FHP BS, I got a better job and quit! Guess what? No more of that giving me nothing and yet always wanting more!

07-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Invest in a tape recorder. Maybe even a pinhole camera to wear. Ask your Sergeant how much you have to write to meet expectations. If he won't give you a number keep going until you get an answer. Document EVERYTHING. Every conversation you have, every remark made to you about activity, every district meeting where activity is mentioned, etc.

If you receive subpar marks on your eval for job performance, write a statement disputing the marks you got. Tell them you were never told what the performance standard was. The descriptor on the new eval is VERY vague on job performance marks criteria.

Document, document, document.

07-29-2010, 08:45 PM
the above two posts are the only real answers. either find a better job or document.

07-29-2010, 09:18 PM
How about "do your job" you lazy slug and your sergeant wouldn't have to talk to you about "activity" or lack thereof. If you are a trooper and don't like writing tickets then maybe you should have realized sometime during your career that you are in the wrong job. Troopers work crashes and write tickets (or warnings or FE notices) and assist motorist. Regardless of the crappy pay, you are PAID to do something.

07-29-2010, 10:20 PM
How about "do your job" you lazy slug and your sergeant wouldn't have to talk to you about "activity" or lack thereof. If you are a trooper and don't like writing tickets then maybe you should have realized sometime during your career that you are in the wrong job. Troopers work crashes and write tickets (or warnings or FE notices) and assist motorist. Regardless of the crappy pay, you are PAID to do something.

Thanks for saying it. We are paid so we ARE doing something. It should not matter if I write 30 a month or 100 a month. I am working. Until a standard is put in writing they need to shut their mouth!

07-29-2010, 10:24 PM
FHP = One raise in the last 4 or 5 years! With no hope of one in site. You get what you pay for.

07-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Invest in a tape recorder. Maybe even a pinhole camera to wear. Ask your Sergeant how much you have to write to meet expectations. If he won't give you a number keep going until you get an answer. Document EVERYTHING. Every conversation you have, every remark made to you about activity, every district meeting where activity is mentioned, etc.

If you receive subpar marks on your eval for job performance, write a statement disputing the marks you got. Tell them you were never told what the performance standard was. The descriptor on the new eval is VERY vague on job performance marks criteria.

You sound like a DANDEROUS RAT in need of a blanket party. I heard you wrote a book, 2000 ways to prepare cheese :mrgreen:

07-30-2010, 12:33 AM
I like that "lazy slug" term. I only hear it from old school brass. looks like we get to hear some rank chime in. cool.

07-30-2010, 01:15 AM
I like that "lazy slug" term. I only hear it from old school brass. looks like we get to hear some rank chime in. cool.

My badge is silver too. I'm just sick of working side by side with a bunch of cry babies. I want a raise too. That's not an excuse to sit at Denny's for three hours.

And I highly doubt that if you are writing some tickets (plural) that anyone is on your back about activity. Although 8 hours of patrol time with nothing on your RDA but two citations is ridiculous.

07-30-2010, 02:02 AM

My badge is silver too. I'm just sick of working side by side with a bunch of cry babies. I want a raise too. That's not an excuse to sit at Denny's for three hours.

And I highly doubt that if you are writing some tickets (plural) that anyone is on your back about activity. Although 8 hours of patrol time with nothing on your RDA but two citations is ridiculous.

Back during the Maul situation I was writing 50-80 contacts per month with at least 1.1 contact per hour and yet they were trying to give me a bad evaluation. Only the PBA stopped them. FHP is lucky to have troopers at all. Strapping a gun on for $36,000 a year is a JOKE!

07-30-2010, 02:35 AM

It's really simple. Until a standard is defined then everyone's idea of "acceptable activity" remains purely subjective. You say 2 tickets in an 8 hour shift is ridiculous. What about 3? What about 4? At what cutoff point does it move from acceptable to unacceptable? What about 6 warnings and 1 ticket in a shift? What about no tickets and 7 assist motorists? If an ex-Charger boy is your Sgt., then he'll probably ***** about anything less than 10 tickets per shift. See where I'm going with this?

07-30-2010, 05:44 AM

It's really simple. Until a standard is defined then everyone's idea of "acceptable activity" remains purely subjective. You say 2 tickets in an 8 hour shift is ridiculous. What about 3? What about 4? At what cutoff point does it move from acceptable to unacceptable? What about 6 warnings and 1 ticket in a shift? What about no tickets and 7 assist motorists? If an ex-Charger boy is your Sgt., then he'll probably ***** about anything less than 10 tickets per shift. See where I'm going with this?
Dude your ****ing right! **** that stupid FHP acceptable standard crap.. Just by driving 8 hours a day and being in your car is providing a service. Somedays I have no contact, others 2 arrest and 2 warning, others a few warning and even some with 8 tickets in the shift... Some supervisors have nothing better to do. Remember sometimes it may not be your sergeant, it may be coming from higher up. Apparently the email #1 sent last year has absolutely no value because they just don't mention numbers and hit you up with failure to maintain job duties regardless..

07-30-2010, 02:41 PM

You sound like a DANDEROUS RAT in need of a blanket party. I heard you wrote a book, 2000 ways to prepare cheese :mrgreen:

I don't think he is a "Dangerous Rat". Only dangerous to the ones wrongfully trying to instill a fear or threat againt his performance or job. A dangerous rat is someone who goes behind your fellow troopers and tells lies or other crap that gets you in trouble. Those are the trouble makers in need of a blanket party. Don't get them confused.

08-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Jesus! What's so hard about just doing your job? Go to work and do what you were hired to do!

08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Jesus! What's so hard about just doing your job? Go to work and do what you were hired to do!

That's the problem. Troopers are doing their jobs yet still being hounded about activity. If you put on a uniform, answer your calls, assist DAV's, and don't write a single ticket, you're still doing your job!

08-03-2010, 01:57 PM

That's the problem. Troopers are doing their jobs yet still being hounded about activity. If you put on a uniform, answer your calls, assist DAV's, and don't write a single ticket, you're still doing your job!

If those are the only things you do routinely, you are NOT DOING ENFORCEMENT, not towing signal 11's, and not backing up other troopers. Thus, you are NOT DOING YOUR JOB. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO ISSUE UTC'S WHERE APPROPRIATE TO ALTER DRIVING BEHAVIOR! READ YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION!

08-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Come work for a large sheriff's office on a traffic unit and tell me you arent expected to bust your ass and write a ton of tickets or make some good arrests. If you are on a traffic unit in my agency and you cant land 1 felony dope arrest a month you can go find another job.
I know your pay sucks, so leave. I pulled in 62k last year working a dui task force for a large agency. I made even more working off duty details.
FHP pays sucks, find another job.

08-03-2010, 07:38 PM

08-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Invest in a tape recorder. Maybe even a pinhole camera to wear.

Good way to end up in jail and have your standards pulled by CJSTC.

On another note, if you're ever asked to produce activity, don't whine about it. Just go out and pull over everything that moves and write them WARNINGS. Don't be lazy and cry because you have to actually do work, if the ticket aspect is really what you're worried about you have other alternatives.

08-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Come work for a large sheriff's office on a traffic unit and tell me you arent expected to bust your ass and write a ton of tickets or make some good arrests. If you are on a traffic unit in my agency and you cant land 1 felony dope arrest a month you can go find another job.
I know your pay sucks, so leave. I pulled in 62k last year working a dui task force for a large agency. I made even more working off duty details.

62K..there is a sergeant in Broward that made 211K..... don't hate the player...blah blah blah..

08-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Finally ... an answer that makes sense. The other dudes have forgotten what we signed on for.

08-04-2010, 06:23 AM
Finally ... an answer that makes sense. The other dudes have forgotten what we signed on for.
Everyone that thinks like you need to stfu! I've been a trooper for a little while now and let me tell you that by writing large volumes of tickets has little to zero influence in crashes. For example there has been weeks that I have 5-10 contacts in 1 week and work 0 crashes... Then other weeks with 30-40 contacts and get sent to several s-4's... You're not going to make a difference unless there is a trooper for every 1/4 mile... Stop complaining and telling other people that just because they are writing less than 100 tickets they are slugs. Maybe your the fuxking loser that got picked on during your early childhood and is a revenge streak with the whole world.. Just remember that wether u write 100-500 contacts YOu ARE not going to make a god dam difference!! Got it?

08-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Everyone that thinks like you need to stfu! I've been a trooper for a little while now and let me tell you that by writing large volumes of tickets has little to zero influence in crashes. For example there has been weeks that I have 5-10 contacts in 1 week and work 0 crashes... Then other weeks with 30-40 contacts and get sent to several s-4's... You're not going to make a difference unless there is a trooper for every 1/4 mile... Stop complaining and telling other people that just because they are writing less than 100 tickets they are slugs. Maybe your the fuxking loser that got picked on during your early childhood and is a revenge streak with the whole world.. Just remember that wether u write 100-500 contacts YOu ARE not going to make a god dam difference!! Got it?

First, you have no authoritative research to document your erroneous conclusion as to the "...cause and effect of traffic enforcement and signal 4's..." because the literature by national researchers (Northwestern University!) have data to prove you are wrong! Secondly, as any graduate researcher will be happy to explain to your closed little mind, "...lag-time..." needs to be taken into account when conclusions about activity and results are researched.

And, finally, learn to spell; it's bad enough your logic is flawed, but your grammar documents that you are "uneducated!"

Postscript: Be more respectful of people who suggest you should have a "work ethic" when you accept payment for "working!" Oh, and I'm going to bet that you are a part of the new sloven "entitlement generation!" :oops:

08-04-2010, 04:00 PM
FHP Launches Pasco Project

On Friday, April 5, 2002, Colonel Chris Knight hosted a news conference at the Land O’ Lakes FHP station to announce a pilot project in Pasco County that will assess the effectiveness of a nationally recognized law enforcement staffing formula the Patrol has used for many years. A total of 14 new troopers were introduced to Pasco County, which effectively increases the FHP strength to capacity at 37 troopers, according to the staffing formula. Shown standing with Colonel Knight at the news conference is Pasco County Sheriff Bob White and the 14 new troopers who reported for duty.

The goal of the Pasco Project is to:

Reduce response times to traffic crashes and other calls for service
Reduce fatalities
Increase the percentage of time a trooper actually engages in proactive patrol
Increase traffic enforcement efforts, including the arrest of motorists for driving under the influence
Effectively staff selective enforcement details
Increase coverage of patrol zones, and
Effectively handle all traffic-related calls for service. The Patrol will track a number of activities in Pasco County for a full year to determine if the staffing formula is valid and specific goals are achieved. If the pilot project is successful, subsequent requests to the Florida Legislature for additional troopers in other counties throughout the state would then be justifiable.

And the outcome was that even with full staffing and writing lots of tickets, crashes still didnt decrease.

08-04-2010, 05:03 PM

On Friday, April 5, 2002, Colonel Chris Knight hosted a news conference at the Land O’ Lakes FHP station to announce a pilot project in Pasco County that will assess the effectiveness of a nationally recognized law enforcement staffing formula the Patrol has used for many years. A total of 14 new troopers were introduced to Pasco County, which effectively increases the FHP strength to capacity at 37 troopers, according to the staffing formula. Shown standing with Colonel Knight at the news conference is Pasco County Sheriff Bob White and the 14 new troopers who reported for duty.

Reduce fatalities
Increase traffic enforcement efforts, including the arrest of motorists for driving under the influence
Effectively handle all traffic-related calls for service. The Patrol will track a number of activities in Pasco County for a full year to determine if the staffing formula is valid and specific goals are achieved. If the pilot project is successful, subsequent requests to the Florida Legislature for additional troopers in other counties throughout the state would then be justifiable.

And the outcome was that even with full staffing and writing lots of tickets, crashes still didn't decrease.

Yes sir! That's what I'm trying to tell the retard on the post above yours. Are the universities researchers out on the road working crashes, working 76's and writing tickets? NOOO The reason why I had grammar problems is because I was writing it from my smart phone and could not review it prior to posting. I actually have a university degree so suck on that **** face. Like I said prior, it is stupid to expect that a few troopers(4-25) covering hundreds of miles will make a difference. For example if your a retard trooper like yourself writing 20 tickets in one day, you probably have a focus/target area(honey hole) it's probably 30 miles of road coverage your really focus on, at the most. John Doe comes out of a intersection 10 miles south of you intoxicated with his normal faculties impaired to the point that he ends up crashing. Yea you were probably to busy stopping people for going 10 mph over the posted speed limit. Yes you were not effective AT ALL. So take the researchers idea out of your narcissistic head and stick it up your throat.

Theses Statement:(Because you're a retard) You're an imbecile. On similar weeks and weekends in reference to traffic flow, whether you write 30 tickets or 1 ticket a day like the original poster, it makes no difference whatsoever.

08-04-2010, 05:52 PM

Reduce fatalities

And the outcome was that even with full staffing and writing lots of tickets, crashes still didn't decrease.

Yes sir! That's what I'm trying to tell the retard on the post above yours. Are the universities researchers out on the road working crashes, working 76's and writing tickets? NOOO The reason why I had grammar problems is because I was writing it from my smart phone and could not review it prior to posting. I actually have a university degree so suck on that **** face. Like I said prior, it is stupid to expect that a few troopers(4-25) covering hundreds of miles will make a difference. For example if your a retard trooper like yourself writing 20 tickets in one day, you probably have a focus/target area(honey hole) it's probably 30 miles of road coverage your really focus on, at the most. John Doe comes out of a intersection 10 miles south of you intoxicated with his normal faculties impaired to the point that he ends up crashing. Yea you were probably to busy stopping people for going 10 mph over the posted speed limit. Yes you were not effective AT ALL. So take the researchers idea out of your narcissistic head and stick it up your throat.

Theses Statement:(Because you're a retard) You're an imbecile. On similar weeks and weekends in reference to traffic flow, whether you write 30 tickets or 1 ticket a day like the original poster, it makes no difference whatsoever.

As for being a "retard," I suspect you were looking in the mirror based upon the large number of your grammatical errors. Most of them are highlighted in red, except for claiming a university degree, which must have been from Mail Order U. "...universities researchers..." should be universities' researchers. You don't seem to know the difference between you are, you're, and your; and No and NOOO. "...**** face..." is not definable in educated circles. Other highlighted items include should be "...as I said...;" should be "for example, if;" should be "area (honey hole); "... your reall ...." should be you really? Then there is "...probably to busy..." should be too busy; "Yes you were not..." is a meaningless group of words; "...researchers idea..." should be researcher's idea; "...up your throat..." is an anatomical impossibility.

Your few sentences suggest you need remedial writing for 7th grade students. Your logic and foul language suggest you are a "wannabe bully" who can't make it in the real world, and your confusion of your own observations with real research suggests that you frequently commit the "fallacy of composition" (a phrase that you can research to find its meaning).

FHP should be ashamed of your attitude, poor work ethic, illiteracy, and lack of logical thinking skills. Why don't you try to improve yourself in place of public slovenliness and spend some of your $27K take home base-pay wages and get some writing skill assistance and attitude counseling.

08-04-2010, 07:37 PM

Reduce fatalities

As for being a "retard," I suspect you were looking in the mirror based upon the large number of your grammatical errors. Most of them are highlighted in red, except for claiming a university degree, which must have been from Mail Order U. "...universities researchers..." should be universities' researchers. You don't seem to know the difference between you are, you're, and your; and No and NOOO. "...**** face..." is not definable in educated circles. Other highlighted items include should be "...as I said...;" should be "for example, if;" should be "area (honey hole); "... your reall ...." should be you really? Then there is "...probably to busy..." should be too busy; "Yes you were not..." is a meaningless group of words; "...researchers idea..." should be researcher's idea; "...up your throat..." is an anatomical impossibility.

Your few sentences suggest you need remedial writing for 7th grade students. Your logic and foul language suggest you are a "wannabe bully" who can't make it in the real world, and your confusion of your own observations with real research suggests that you frequently commit the "fallacy of composition" (a phrase that you can research to find its meaning).

FHP should be ashamed of your attitude, poor work ethic, illiteracy, and lack of logical thinking skills. Why don't you try to improve yourself in place of public slovenliness and spend some of your $27K take home base-pay wages and get some writing skill assistance and attitude counseling.

I don't spend hours trying to write a perfect paragraph like yourself. You think just because you are decent at grammar that everything that comes out of you is correct. The sad part is that it's not even close to being correct. Many of these documented researchers you are talking about means absolutely nothing. I made three times as much in take home pay last year, please stop talking so much shit. You do not know anything. Go back to any university of your choice to teach grammar, while I make thousands of dollars in off-duty and **** most of the girls I want. Bye nerd. P.S this took me 2 minutes to write, so guess what? I do not care if you find grammar issues... Quite frankly I'M disappointed to be wasting my time by arguing with a little ***** like YoU.

08-05-2010, 10:48 PM

Haha, please state the statute I would be violating to get put in jail. There is no expectation of privacy in a police station! Check your case law son!

On a related note, telling a trooper that he or she has to meet a certain quota WOULD be violating a state statute for sure!

08-06-2010, 01:57 AM

Haha, please state the statute I would be violating to get put in jail. There is no expectation of privacy in a police station! Check your case law son!

On a related note, telling a trooper that he or she has to meet a certain quota WOULD be violating a state statute for sure!

Hey wanabe laywer, do some reserach.

Read below.

Only certain areas of the station is considered no expectation of privacy, such as the lobby. Conversations between two parties inside the Sgt's office or where no one else is expected to be or not considered to be overheard by anyone else, is considered private.

All parties must consent to the recording or the disclosure of the contents of any wire, oral or electronic communication in Florida. Recording, disclosing, or endeavoring to disclose without the consent of all parties is a felony, unless the interception is a first offense committed without any illegal purpose, and not for commercial gain. Fla. Stat. ch. 934.03. These first offenses and the interception of cellular frequencies are misdemeanors. State v. News-Press Pub. Co., 338 So. 2d 1313 (1976).

Can you record a phone call or conversation when you do not have consent from one of the parties?

Regardless of whether state or federal law governs the situation, it is almost always illegal to record a phone call or private conversation to which you are not a party, do not have consent from at least one party, and could not naturally overhear. In addition, federal and many state laws do not permit you to surreptitiously place a bug or recording device on a person or telephone, in a home, office or restaurant to secretly record a conversation between two people who have not consented.

08-06-2010, 10:41 AM

Read below.

Only certain areas of the station is considered no expectation of privacy, such as the lobby. Conversations between two parties inside the Sgt's office or where no one else is expected to be or not considered to be overheard by anyone else, is considered private.

All parties must consent to the recording or the disclosure of the contents of any wire, oral or electronic communication in Florida. Recording, disclosing, or endeavoring to disclose without the consent of all parties is a felony, unless the interception is a first offense committed without any illegal purpose, and not for commercial gain. Fla. Stat. ch. 934.03. These first offenses and the interception of cellular frequencies are misdemeanors. State v. News-Press Pub. Co., 338 So. 2d 1313 (1976).

Can you record a phone call or conversation when you do not have consent from one of the parties?

Regardless of whether state or federal law governs the situation, it is almost always illegal to record a phone call or private conversation to which you are not a party, do not have consent from at least one party, and could not naturally overhear. In addition, federal and many state laws do not permit you to surreptitiously place a bug or recording device on a person or telephone, in a home, office or restaurant to secretly record a conversation between two people who have not consented.

Ahh, young grasshopper, you have so much to learn. Perhaps you should have read ALL of 934.03!

(c) It is lawful under ss. 934.03-934.09 for an investigative or law enforcement officer or a person acting under the direction of an investigative or law enforcement officer to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication when such person is a party to the communication or one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception and the purpose of such interception is to obtain evidence of a criminal act.

And yes, recording your superiors establishing a quota could be "evidence of a criminal act." The law is a beautiful thang, ain't it??

08-06-2010, 12:32 PM

Read below.

Ahh, young grasshopper, you have so much to learn. Perhaps you should have read ALL of 934.03!

(c) It is lawful under ss. 934.03-934.09 for an investigative or law enforcement officer or a person acting under the direction of an investigative or law enforcement officer to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication when such person is a party to the communication or one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception and the purpose of such interception is to obtain evidence of a criminal act.

And yes, recording your superiors establishing a quota could be "evidence of a criminal act." The law is a beautiful thang, ain't it??

IYou are not interpreting the law correctly. Your supervisor having a discussion with you due to your performance is not applicable under the color of this law. Since when are you directed or authorized to conduct an investigations on your chain of command? Not when you think its ok!

You are applying this law incorrectly. You are corrected when you are officially conducting an investigation that’s within the scope of your duties, not when a subordinate does not agree with his/her supervisors’ methods or instructions.
Read the policy about conducting unauthorized investigations.

Don’t forget what Ms. Libby did when she secretly recorded phone conversations of her and Monica Lewinsky involving Clinton. She did some time for that. But you’re too young to remember that, grasshopper!

Try again; there is already case law on this, so stop Making shit up!! (MSU).

08-06-2010, 12:53 PM

This post is hilarious. The illiterate poster made a poor excuse for his 3rd grade level writing, saying that he was on his "smartphone." There isn't anything "smart" about this guy! Once he got home and was ready to take time to spell-check and grammar-check he just ends up showing his true colors of being an uneducated imbecile. There is no way that the person writing that post has even set foot on a college campus, let alone attained a degree. Hey Stupid-phuk, you aren't kidding anyone - GO AWAY.

08-06-2010, 02:02 PM
IYou are not interpreting the law correctly. Your supervisor having a discussion with you due to your performance is not applicable under the color of this law. Since when are you directed or authorized to conduct an investigations on your chain of command? Not when you think its ok!

You are applying this law incorrectly. You are corrected when you are officially conducting an investigation that’s within the scope of your duties, not when a subordinate does not agree with his/her supervisors’ methods or instructions.

Don’t forget what Ms. Libby did when she secretly recorded phone conversations of her and Monica Lewinsky involving Clinton. She did some time for that. But you’re too young to remember that, grasshopper!

Try again; there is already case law on this, so stop Making shizzat up!! (MSU).

Show me the case law. The statute says nothing about it being an official investigation. The terms of the statute clearly state only that

1. The person doing the recording must be an LEO or one working under the direction of an LEO

2. The recording is being done to obtain evidence of a criminal act.

No one is conducting an "official investigation" by gathering evidence of an illegal quota being established. They are simply acting as a whistleblower so an official investigation can begin!

08-06-2010, 03:03 PM

Read below.

Hell, if that's the case then come straight out and tell whomever is interviewing/counseling you that you are recording the conversation for documentation purposes. Call THEM out on the carpet and say you want to make sure you are meeting your performance expectations and wish to know what they deem an acceptable amount of activity. If they can't tell you, it's all the more ammo in your pocket when they try to break your balls about activity in the future. As long as you're getting activity, they can't say ANYTHING!

08-06-2010, 08:20 PM

Try again; there is already case law on this, so stop Making shizzat up!! (MSU).

Show me the case law. The statute says nothing about it being an official investigation. The terms of the statute clearly state only that

1. The person doing the recording must be an LEO or one working under the direction of an LEO

No one is conducting an "official investigation" by gathering evidence of an illegal quota being established. They are simply acting as a whistleblower so an official investigation can begin!

It's scary that we have people like you working for us. You think it's okay to go around recording people JUST IN CASE they say something illegal? Seriously, you should just stick to writing tickets and working crashes. Oh wait, you don't do either of those or else you wouldn't have to worry about getting called into the sergeant's office.

You just took it upon yourself to do an internal investigation on a member of the Department. I'm certain you have no clue what is involved and what rules apply when you do that. You might want to review your Policy Manual. Don't forget that we have the law and then we have a Policy Manual that is more restrictive. Only the Major or higher or a person designated by the Director can initiate an internal investigation.

08-06-2010, 10:54 PM
It's scary that we have people like you working for us. You think it's okay to go around recording people JUST IN CASE they say something illegal? Seriously, you should just stick to writing tickets and working crashes. Oh wait, you don't do either of those or else you wouldn't have to worry about getting called into the sergeant's office.

You just took it upon yourself to do an internal investigation on a member of the Department. I'm certain you have no clue what is involved and what rules apply when you do that. You might want to review your Policy Manual. Don't forget that we have the law and then we have a Policy Manual that is more restrictive. Only the Major or higher or a person designated by the Director can initiate an internal investigation.

Hey dumba$$, can you read? I specifically said a trooper doing this would by no means be conducting an "official internal investigation" simply by recording someone dictating a quota. He or she would be acting as a whistleblower, taking the matter to PBA, higher authority, etc. You really think a trooper in his right mind would pursue an issue like this (and have a dog in the fight) without SOME sort of documentation of the matter? FHP sure would be a grand place to work if we were all sheep like you. Standing around getting shat upon and just waiting on the brass and "FHP Investigations" (oxymoron?) to police themselves huh?

And please, stop with the holier than thou Policy Manual bullshizzat. We really aren't going to go THERE, are we?? :roll:

"The FHP disputes that, saying Maul was fired for failing to meet performance standards. How many tickets a trooper writes is merely used to measure productivity, as is how much they assist motorists and work accidents, said Col. John Czernis, director of the Florida Highway Patrol.

Ticket quotas violate FHP policy, Czernis said."

How ya gonna enforce a policy manual our own agency doesn't even abide by? :evil:

08-07-2010, 01:15 AM
He or she would be acting as a whistleblower, taking the matter to PBA, higher authority, etc. You really think a trooper in his right mind would pursue an issue like this (and have a dog in the fight) without SOME sort of documentation of the matter?

Like this guy? http://www.nycpba.org/publications/mag-05-spring/pmp.html

On a related note, New York's Performance Monitoring Program sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't it?

08-07-2010, 03:37 AM
I'm sorry, but this topic is ridiculous. In my career I have NEVER been spoken to about my activity. And I'm not saying that to take the Troopers side of this issue! I have NEVER gotten a commendation for my activity because I was never a ticket writing machine, but I always made sure to spend an 8 hour shift doing at least 7 hours of work.

If a Sergeant has told you that you aren't doing enough to meet the standard, then you probably aren't doing enough to meet the standard. Everyone knows that there isn't a set number of citations you have to write. It's not possible to have a set number. Obviously calls for service and different geographical areas in this state make a set number of self initiated contacts impossible to measure. A Trooper in Miami should have a different amount of contacts than a Trooper in Orlando, and a Trooper in Orlando would have a different number of self initiated contacts than a Trooper in Taylor County.

There is a Trooper on my squad that does virtually nothing.....NOTHING during his shift. The rest of my squad is out stopping cars, searching cars, and looking for arrests. When they aren't doing that, they are busy jumping each other's calls while the slug is trying to figure out a way to spend three hours on a vehicle versus mailbox. When he's not not wasting time on an easy crash report he is doing everything except stopping cars. How can anyone go to work and justify their paycheck if they do NOTHING the entire shift??? My Sergeant doesn't care if we write 10 tickets or 10 warnings in a shift. All my sergeant wants is for us to work our calls and stop a few cars when we're not busy. That's not much to expect when we work for the HIGHWAY PATROL...........

08-07-2010, 12:42 PM
[quote="Silly"]

If a Sergeant has told you that you aren't doing enough to meet the standard, then you probably aren't doing enough to meet the standard. Everyone knows that there isn't a set number of citations you have to write.[quote]

Wow, sounds like you're just the guy I need to talk to. What is the "standard", cause I've been asking that question for the last 7 years without an answer!
And I will say that people in my district who have been talked to about activity are far from doing "nothing" all shift like the guy you mentioned on your squad.

08-07-2010, 03:22 PM
If a Sergeant has told you that you aren't doing enough to meet the standard, then you probably aren't doing enough to meet the standard. Everyone knows that there isn't a set number of citations you have to write.

Wow, sounds like you're just the guy I need to talk to. What is the "standard", cause I've been asking that question for the last 7 years without an answer!
And I will say that people in my district who have been talked to about activity are far from doing "nothing" all shift like the guy you mentioned on your squad.

The STANDARD is to do something with your patrol hours! Why is that such a difficult concept? When we aren't actively answering calls, we should be busy looking for violations. The drivers in Florida are some of the worst in the entire country. It's not very difficult to find a reason to stop a few cars every shift. If you stop enough cars, something will fall in your lap.

Like I said in my previous post, I have NEVER gotten a commendation for high activity, but I also have never been talked to about my activity. I answer all my calls, help my fellow Troopers, and stop a few cars every shift. I make quite a few stops for speed, but I don't write a whole lot of speeding tickets. I write quite a few warnings and I love faulty equipment notices. Once or twice a week, I'll pick a spot, work it hard for an hour or two and send a Selective Enforcement form to the Sergeant. It keeps him happy and it shows that I'm doing something productive with my time. I take people to jail when they need to go to jail and I make sure to get my follow up investigations done. Folks, this is an easy job and there should be no excuse for not being able to do an honest day's work.

If you think FHP complains too much about low activity, talk to a county or city traffic unit. If they have low activity I can promise you that they would be called on the carpet for it. I can also promise that low activity would get a traffic deputy punted from the traffic unit in a heartbeat.

08-07-2010, 04:54 PM
If a Sergeant has told you that you aren't doing enough to meet the standard, then you probably aren't doing enough to meet the standard. Everyone knows that there isn't a set number of citations you have to write.

The STANDARD is to do something with your patrol hours! Why is that such a difficult concept? When we aren't actively answering calls, we should be busy looking for violations. The drivers in Florida are some of the worst in the entire country. It's not very difficult to find a reason to stop a few cars every shift. If you stop enough cars, something will fall in your lap.

Like I said in my previous post, I have NEVER gotten a commendation for high activity, but I also have never been talked to about my activity. I answer all my calls, help my fellow Troopers, and stop a few cars every shift. I make quite a few stops for speed, but I don't write a whole lot of speeding tickets. I write quite a few warnings and I love faulty equipment notices. Once or twice a week, I'll pick a spot, work it hard for an hour or two and send a Selective Enforcement form to the Sergeant. It keeps him happy and it shows that I'm doing something productive with my time. I take people to jail when they need to go to jail and I make sure to get my follow up investigations done. Folks, this is an easy job and there should be no excuse for not being able to do an honest day's work.

If you think FHP complains too much about low activity, talk to a county or city traffic unit. If they have low activity I can promise you that they would be called on the carpet for it. I can also promise that low activity would get a traffic deputy punted from the traffic unit in a heartbeat.

YOU have a Great Attitude, like what a lot of FHP members used to have, and a few troopers still have.
Here is a story about a NJ SP dedicated Trooper following up on violators; not like too many of FHP troopers today--- who just "give up!"

Ivan Sirka, 21, was riding his flaming red 2002 Honda CR9 motorcycle southbound on the Garden State Parkway around 12:15 p.m. Sunday, when he began tailgating a New Jersey state police car, authorities said.

Sirka followed Trooper Stephen Hoeffner in the left lane for awhile, until Hoeffner switched to the right lane. As Sirka slowly rode past the trooper, Hoeffner noticed the bike did not appear to have a license plate, he said. But as the trooper tried to follow him, Sirka sped away, allegedly hitting speeds of over 100 miles per hour.

Sirka thought he was in the clear, Hoeffner said. He had installed an electronic device known as a license plate flipper, which conceals a license plate as soon as a rider activates a switch on the handle bar, authorities said.

"He was trying to instigate a pursuit because he knew he had that device," said Hoeffner.

What Sirka didn't know was that Hoeffner had recorded his license plate moments earlier, when he first noticed Sirka pulled over on the shoulder of the parkway entrance ramp at exit 168.

"I saw him making a phone call and I figured, 'Let me get his tag just in case,' because motorcycles fly by us all the time and it's hard to get their license plate numbers that quickly," Hoeffner said.

"I had never seen a device like that, so when he started tailgating me and rode past me, I thought, 'How did he remove his license plate as he was driving behind me?'" he said.

Hoeffner tracked Sirka down at his former home in Lodi and eventually found his new address in Hillsdale.

He was arrested at his home Wednesday and charged with removal or alteration of an identification number, as well as several traffic violations, including speeding and reckless driving.

"When I went to his house, he admitted to driving the motorcycle and tailgating me and he showed us the bike in the garage and how the device works," said Hoeffner, adding that he believed Sirka purchased the device online.

08-07-2010, 06:38 PM

Hey dumba$$, can you read? I specifically said a trooper doing this would by no means be conducting an "official internal investigation" simply by recording someone dictating a quota. He or she would be acting as a whistleblower, taking the matter to PBA, higher authority, etc. You really think a trooper in his right mind would pursue an issue like this (and have a dog in the fight) without SOME sort of documentation of the matter? FHP sure would be a grand place to work if we were all sheep like you. Standing around getting shat upon and just waiting on the brass and "FHP Investigations" (oxymoron?) to police themselves huh?

And please, stop with the holier than thou Policy Manual bullshizzat. We really aren't going to go THERE, are we?? :roll:

"The FHP disputes that, saying Maul was fired for failing to meet performance standards. How many tickets a trooper writes is merely used to measure productivity, as is how much they assist motorists and work accidents, said Col. John Czernis, director of the Florida Highway Patrol.

Ticket quotas violate FHP policy, Czernis said."

How ya gonna enforce a policy manual our own agency doesn't even abide by? :evil:

Haha Mr. Whistleblower. Go ahead and do it. Please. I want to see you at the FDLE CJSTC hearing trying to keep your certification after you get arrested, then fired.

What you are supposed to do, Jason Bourne, is report your complaint and then allow for an investigation. If they want you to set up another meeting and then record it, it's okay.

08-07-2010, 07:42 PM
What you are supposed to do, Jason Bourne, is report your complaint and then allow for an investigation. If they want you to set up another meeting and then record it, it's okay.

So let me get this straight. Allow the agency that wants to cover up any evidence of the establishment of a quota to investigate itself on the establishment of a quota? What type of fantasy world do you live in?

08-07-2010, 07:53 PM

If everyone in our agency worked like this there would be no reason to have a conversation about activity. The only reason we ever hear it mentioned is because there are people that refuse to do the job they were hired to do!! :evil:

08-07-2010, 09:19 PM

So let me get this straight. Allow the agency that wants to cover up any evidence of the establishment of a quota to investigate itself on the establishment of a quota? What type of fantasy world do you live in?

Yeah, because FHP is the only agency that can conduct an internal affairs investigation. Have you ever heard of FDLE? Our last Colonel sure has.

08-07-2010, 09:25 PM

If a supervisor is calling you out to write more, then that’s because your most like doing nothing and a slug that spends more energy to get out of work. You are very quick to take some sort of action against your supervisor for an allege criminal violation, yet you probably have not made an arrest in 2010. You probably write less than 25 tickets a month on a constant basis and barley achieve a 1.0 contact an hr and with less than 50% hrs patrol. You probably sluff wrecks to your zone partner, that’s if you work any wrecks at all.

I am appalled if this is you; I am appalled if you are a Florida State Trooper.

So please do us all a favor and secretly record your supervisors and violate the two party consent laws, so we can get rid of toxins like you out of our agency. Please do this the sooner than better. If you don’t believe me, then call your union’s legal dept and ask them yourself. If you have the balls or any courage, then come back here and report your findings.

You are not acting as a LEO when you supervisor counsels, coaches or discussed with your about your performance. Under the law that is called a subordinate, employee or in your case pee-on.

The only way you will be directed, is when your report it and then an authorized investigative Law Enforcement body directs you to record the conversation!!!

Then that’s when you are no longer acting as an employee, that’s when you become a CI or a snitch.

So please hurry up and commit your crime or get back to work like the rest of us.

Just in case you were too young to remember, read the following what can happen to you if you secretly record a conversation even if you think you are exposing criminal activity or acting as a whistle blower without proper authority. Linda Tripp did not get charged for what she did, only because she received immunity, which means that the proper authorities gave her immunity..

Indictment by the State of Maryland
Tripp was a resident of Columbia, Maryland at the time she made her surreptitious recordings of the conversations with Lewinsky, and 49 Democrats in the Maryland Legislature signed a letter to the state prosecutor demanding that Tripp be prosecuted under Maryland's wiretap law.[8] Prior to trial, the state court ruled that, due to the immunity agreements which the Independent Counsel's office entered into with Tripp, Lewinsky, and others, a substantial amount of the evidence which the prosecution intended to use was inadmissible.

At a pre-trial hearing the prosecution called Lewinsky as a witness to try to establish that her testimony against Tripp was untainted by the Independent Counsel investigation. However, the Maryland state court ruled that Lewinsky, who "admitted that she lied under oath in a federal proceeding and has stated that lying has been a part of her life," was not credible and Lewinsky's proposed testimony against Tripp was "bathed in impermissible taint." As a result, all charges against Tripp were dismissed on May 26, 2000 when the prosecution decided not to proceed with the trial of the case

08-07-2010, 09:33 PM
He or she would be acting as a whistleblower, taking the matter to PBA, higher authority, etc. You really think a trooper in his right mind would pursue an issue like this (and have a dog in the fight) without SOME sort of documentation of the matter?

Like this guy? http://www.nycpba.org/publications/mag-05-spring/pmp.html

On a related note, New York's Performance Monitoring Program sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't it?

Hello!

NY has a one party consent law, unlike Florida's two party consent law.

New York

Intercepting or unlawfully engaging in wiretapping without the consent of one party is a felony. N.Y. Penal Law §§ 250.00, 250.05. Mechanical wiretapping is illegal under the statute only when the party whose wires are tapped is not a party involved in the conversation. People v. Gibson, 23 N.Y.2d 618 (N.Y. 1969). However, a party to the conversation may surreptitiously record a conversation. Id. In addition, those who talk in the presence of a non-participating third party may have no expectation of privacy with respect to statements overheard by the third party. People v. Kirsh, 176 A.D.2d. 652 (N.Y. App. Div. 1991).

These laws apply to conversations conducted over cellular or cordless phones. People v Fata, 159 N.Y.S.2d 348 (N.Y.App. Div. 1990).

A state court held that newspapers that published transcripts of an illegally recorded telephone conversation were subject to civil liability when the “newspapers knew they were dealing with recorded conversations between unconsenting parties.” Natoli v. Sullivan, 606 N.Y.S.2d 504 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. Oswego County 1993), aff’d, 616 N.Y.D.2d 318 (N.Y. App. Div. 1994).

Publication may also constitute the crime of “tampering with private communications,” a misdemeanor. N.Y. Penal Law § 250.25. A person is guilty of this crime when he divulges the contents of a private letter or communication knowing that it has been opened or read. N.Y. Penal Law § 250.25.

08-08-2010, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't be sweating this guys. FHP learned their lesson with Maul. Their only saving grace is that he was on probation. Otherwise he would have had the department's back flat against the wall. A guy with a record of positive evals saying to keep up the good work, a sudden termination of employment, and then a Major that allegedly ordered an eval to be changed (violating a Department of Management Services rule)....Maul had them by the balls and they knew it!

08-08-2010, 01:36 AM
I wouldn't be sweating this guys. FHP learned their lesson with Maul. Their only saving grace is that he was on probation. Otherwise he would have had the department's back flat against the wall. A guy with a record of positive evals saying to keep up the good work, a sudden termination of employment, and then a Major that allegedly ordered an eval to be changed (violating a Department of Management Services rule)....Maul had them by the balls and they knew it!

The difference between this post and the others;

Maul's case;
- You cannot conduct a performance evaluation on how many tickets you write.

- You cannot order (instruct/direct) how many tickets to write.

- You cannot fire someone for not writing tickets.

- You cannot order someone several levels below you to change an evaluation unless there is some previous documentation that totally contradicts the evaluation.

- You cannot have someone else, other than the immediate supervisor to conduct an evaluation, unless their is special circumstances, i.e.; supervisors is not available.

Now, if you are a lazy slug and cannot provide any proof or can honestly explain what you have done during your eight hr shift. Then yes, the supervisor has every right to have a discussion with you about your activity to include by taking corrective action to motivate your ass (radar details, D/L checks, aircraft, Sgt ride with troopers).

My 2 cents

08-09-2010, 03:36 PM

I heard a lot of local and county agencies require that the traffic units stop "X" number of cars per month. I haven't heard of any officially giving the officers a specific number of actual citations but I know for a fact they would be tranferred out of traffic if they didn't meet the minimum number of stops.

08-09-2010, 05:52 PM
25 years of this. sounds like a dream job

08-09-2010, 08:48 PM
At the end of the day 1 contact per hour yields the same yearly salary as 10 contacts an hour.

:) I'd rather do the bare minimum for the same salary in order to optimize free time.

08-09-2010, 09:01 PM
At the end of the day 1 contact per hour yields the same yearly salary as 10 contacts an hour.

:) I'd rather do the bare minimum for the same salary in order to optimize free time.
Yes, these ugly mother ****ers will never understand that unless there was one trooper per mile, traffic enforcement makes little difference for example the Pasco project.

08-10-2010, 02:06 AM

I want a handout after I do just as little as possible. You probably apply this to everything you do, because you lack ethics..

08-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Why is there so much brass posting on here? I thought your bosses told y'all to stay off of LEOAffairs?

08-11-2010, 01:47 PM
I would say that the ironclad,mandated, absolutely must be achieved or be suspended from working, two tickets per hour on SOAR and Hireback were quotas. The FHP staff just skated big time on that, as always.
This is even documented on here by the infamous Capt. Succi, if anyone cares to dig up the old threads.

08-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Unfortunately, Succi has been silenced by GHQ. He was told if he didn't stop posting on this forum, he may not make it to the end of his DROP period.

Captain Succi
08-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Unfortunately, Succi has been silenced by GHQ. He was told if he didn't stop posting on this forum, he may not make it to the end of his DROP period.

I have not been silenced by anyone. Most of the post are so hateful and I don't want in the middle of it.

Many of the posts are just people having their say and giving their opinion. Doesn't have an impact on me.

To make your statement it is obvious you don't know me.

(246)

08-12-2010, 04:34 AM

I have not been silenced by anyone. Most of the post are so hateful and I don't want in the middle of it.

Many of the posts are just people having their say and giving their opinion. Doesn't have an impact on me.

(246)
Hi Capt. Succi,

My supervisor, 1 rank lower than you told my entire district that we are not reaching the department standard in soar. Can our soar privilege be suspended if we write less than 16 contacts for 8 hours of soar? It's like we never received that email from #1 about 2 years ago saying that there will be no quotas. Yet, I still feel like they are focusing on numbers. I heard we can still get written up for failure to perform job duties if we write a low amount of tickets. Is this all correct Captain? Thanks in advance.

Captain Succi
08-12-2010, 10:41 AM

(246)
Hi Capt. Succi,

My supervisor, 1 rank lower than you told my entire district that we are not reaching the department standard in soar. Can our soar privilege be suspended if we write less than 16 contacts for 8 hours of soar? It's like we never received that email from #1 about 2 years ago saying that there will be no quotas. Yet, I still feel like they are focusing on numbers. I heard we can still get written up for failure to perform job duties if we write a low amount of tickets. Is this all correct Captain? Thanks in advance.

Your SOAR privilege can be suspended for failure to work. This is an Overtime program, not a program to give you extra money. If you want to work it, perform.

The expectation has always been 2 blues an hour as far back as when it was called, ISLE. How hard is it to meet that expectation? Now if you work crashes or get a drunk, then you can't get two an hour. All they should want to see is that you are producing, not just a number. It is also hard in the rain!

There should be other factors involved, not just a raw number.

As far as being written up for low productivity, yes you can receive a lower score on the evaluation. It comes back to the same thing; it is just not raw numbers. If someone works 40 crashes a month, his activity should be lower than the one who works 20. Someone who makes 5 DUI arrests in a month should have lower activity than someone who made none.

Numbers are just a gauge. They are not the sole item to determine performance. Troopers do more than just write tickets and everything you do should be part of the measurement.

08-12-2010, 12:56 PM
[quote=Guest]Unfortunately, Succi has been silenced by GHQ. He was told if he didn't stop posting on this forum, he may not make it to the end of his DROP period.

(246)
Hi Capt. Succi,

Your SOAR privilege can be suspended for failure to work. This is an Overtime program, not a program to give you extra money. If you want to work it, perform.

The expectation has always been 2 blues an hour as far back as when it was called, ISLE. How hard is it to meet that expectation? Now if you work crashes or get a drunk, then you can't get two an hour. All they should want to see is that you are producing, not just a number. It is also hard in the rain!

As far as being written up for low productivity, yes you can receive a lower score on the evaluation. It comes back to the same thing; it is just not raw numbers. If someone works 40 crashes a month, his activity should be lower than the one who works 20. Someone who makes 5 DUI arrests in a month should have lower activity than someone who made none.

Numbers are just a gauge. They are not the sole item to determine performance. Troopers do more than just write tickets and everything you do should be part of the measurement.[/quote:2t868cqf]

Jeff,

After all the years and all the BS you have endured, you still care about the Patrol and above all, it's Troopers. You are the voice of reason and someone the Trooper can take what you say as the truth, as best as you know it. When you do leave, I can't think of anyone that will be missed more. Of course, we will still see you on our yearly trip to Sebring, but the Patrol will be missing a very big link in it's chain.

You don't get the thanks for all you do, but the people that call you "friend" are so much better off for knowing you. I have had the privilege of working for you a couple of times and I am a better man because of it.

Thanks for all you do.

08-12-2010, 02:30 PM
[quote=Guest]Unfortunately, Succi has been silenced by GHQ. He was told if he didn't stop posting on this forum, he may not make it to the end of his DROP period.

(246)
Hi Capt. Succi,

Numbers are just a gauge. They are not the sole item to determine performance. Troopers do more than just write tickets and everything you do should be part of the measurement.

Jeff,

After all the years and all the BS you have endured, you still care about the Patrol and above all, it's Troopers. You are the voice of reason and someone the Trooper can take what you say as the truth, as best as you know it. When you do leave, I can't think of anyone that will be missed more. Of course, we will still see you on our yearly trip to Sebring, but the Patrol will be missing a very big link in it's chain.

You don't get the thanks for all you do, but the people that call you "friend" are so much better off for knowing you. I have had the privilege of working for you a couple of times and I am a better man because of it.

Thanks for all you do.[/quote:2rz257ee]

That was beyond gay. Almost like a love letter.

08-12-2010, 05:19 PM

(246)
Hi Capt. Succi,

Jeff,

Thanks for all you do.

That was beyond gay. Almost like a love letter.[/quote:3a2h91p1]

Agreed - what an arse kisser.

08-12-2010, 09:43 PM
It's really not that hard to get 2 contacts an hour on SOAR, and the thing is while you're on SOAR, you are not subject to calls for service. Every vehicle you stop for a primary violation usually has multiple violations, on the average of every stop, I could give 1 UTC, 3-4 Warnings, and a F/E notice, because there's alot more violations I observe than just speed/seatbelts/expired tags.

08-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Jeff,

Thanks for all you do.

http://www.darkhound.org/gallery/albums/rotflmao/Japanese_gay.jpg

http://images.quickblogcast.com/5/9/9/6/7/187604-176995/gay_called_its_for_you.jpg

http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/you-re-gay.jpg

08-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Jeff,

Thanks for all you do.

http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/you-re-gay.jpg

http://www.dallasdancemusic.com/photos/data/500/gay_called.jpg

08-13-2010, 05:41 AM
It's really not that hard to get 2 contacts an hour on SOAR, and the thing is while you're on SOAR, you are not subject to calls for service. Every vehicle you stop for a primary violation usually has multiple violations, on the average of every stop, I could give 1 UTC, 3-4 Warnings, and a F/E notice, because there's alot more violations I observe than just speed/seatbelts/expired tags.
Yea it's not that hard when you're violating policy!!! You can only issue one warning and 1 faulty per vehicle stop... That way I can probably get 100 contacts for soar lmao!
It's really not that hard to read policy! ;)

08-13-2010, 02:34 PM

(246)
Hi Capt. Succi,

That's fine. If you want to work SOAR and not try to get as many contacts per hour as you can, you're just shooting yourself and others in the foot. In ultra tight budget years like we have faced for the last several sessions, I'm surprised there is even SOAR at all. When the powers that be see that they aren't getting their money's worth out of it, all they have to do is stop funding the program. Then you will no longer have to worry about how many contacts per hour you have to get while working SOAR.

08-14-2010, 06:19 AM

(246)
Hi Capt. Succi,

That's fine. If you want to work SOAR and not try to get as many contacts per hour as you can, you're just shooting yourself and others in the foot. In ultra tight budget years like we have faced for the last several sessions, I'm surprised there is even SOAR at all. When the powers that be see that they aren't getting their money's worth out of it, all they have to do is stop funding the program. Then you will no longer have to worry about how many contacts per hour you have to get while working SOAR.

I 2nd that!