PDA

View Full Version : Sleazy Back Room Deals Escalate

07-24-2010, 04:14 PM
This article says it all...well not quite all especially coming from the liberal left newspaper.

Hislop is still slinging his sleazy weight by getting his so called attorney Groves to make back room deals so more of H's lies aren't found out and printed.

Only people with large bank accounts can usually fight the sleaze buckets who use some of these intimidation tactics to get someone to drop a complaint. These are typical tactics of goon squads and some unethical SS, including Hislop.

Read between the lines in what isn't in this article to know how sleazy this pair is (Hislop and Groves.) Also, anyone who calls themself an attorney and is on either side of this deal ought to lose their law license as it reeks of taking away an American's freedom of speech, the right to advertise the lies about a candidate for political office.

What's next?...hanging Kevin King in the village square and bringing in the firing squad to shut him up? Typical SS..shoot the messenger when the truth hits too close to home.

Read and be wary:

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/man_voids_complaint_over_finan

07-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Your posting is puzzling.

You seem to believe that Kevin King's complaint had merit and that he withdrew it in a "sleazy back room deal."

King filed a complaint that was frivolous on its face. In effect, he claimed that Hislop had violated Colorado law that prohibits one candidate from having "unfair advantage" over another. His basis for the complaint was that Hislop had access to the AFAUSSS message board and e-mail tree while his opponent didn't.

When confronted with the fact that he could be in deep trouble for filing a frivolous complaint he withdrew it.

How do we know that the complaint was unfounded? Take an analogous situation.

Candidate A has a facebook page with 5000 friends subscribed to it. Candidate B is not one of the friends and does not have access to the page or the friends list.

Candidate A solicits all of his friends for financial support. Candidate B cannot solicit this same group because of his lack of access. King would have you believe that this constitutes "unfair advantage" under Colorado law. Clearly it doesn't. No political candidate is obliged to share his campaign mailing list with another candidate.

Access to the AFAUSS message board and e-mail tree is the same as access to Candidate A's facebook page.

King was wise to withdraw his complaint.

It does not constitute a back room deal or shady politics.

Your dislike for Hislop has clouded your ability to reason logically.

---------------------

Others have claimed that Hislop's solicitation violated the IRS Code regarding political activity by non-profit organizations. That also is patently false. Non-profits other than 501(c)3 charitable ones may engage in political activity, including the fact that a 501(c)6 (like AFAUSSS) may actually contribute money to an election campaign -- which we didn't do.

I have no problem with a political discussion that involves the issues that should be of interest to Colorado voters in the district where Hislop is running, but these ad hominem rants are becoming tiresome.

:!:

07-25-2010, 04:06 AM
Your posting is puzzling.

You seem to believe that Kevin King's complaint had merit and that he withdrew it in a "sleazy back room deal."

King filed a complaint that was frivolous on its face. In effect, he claimed that Hislop had violated Colorado law that prohibits one candidate from having "unfair advantage" over another. His basis for the complaint was that Hislop had access to the AFAUSSS message board and e-mail tree while his opponent didn't.

When confronted with the fact that he could be in deep trouble for filing a frivolous complaint he withdrew it.

How do we know that the complaint was unfounded? Take an analogous situation.

Candidate A has a facebook page with 5000 friends subscribed to it. Candidate B is not one of the friends and does not have access to the page or the friends list.

Candidate A solicits all of his friends for financial support. Candidate B cannot solicit this same group because of his lack of access. King would have you believe that this constitutes "unfair advantage" under Colorado law. Clearly it doesn't. No political candidate is obliged to share his campaign mailing list with another candidate.

Access to the AFAUSS message board and e-mail tree is the same as access to Candidate A's facebook page.

King was wise to withdraw his complaint.

It does not constitute a back room deal or shady politics.

Your dislike for Hislop has clouded your ability to reason logically.

---------------------

Others have claimed that Hislop's solicitation violated the IRS Code regarding political activity by non-profit organizations. That also is patently false. Non-profits other than 501(c)3 charitable ones may engage in political activity, including the fact that a 501(c)6 (like AFAUSSS) may actually contribute money to an election campaign -- which we didn't do.

I have no problem with a political discussion that involves the issues that should be of interest to Colorado voters in the district where Hislop is running, but these ad hominem rants are becoming tiresome.

:!:

How about this. I just don't care for Mr. Hislop. He ran the AFAUSSS into the ground and it is my personal belief that he is unfit to hold any position of authority much less the one he is seeking. I would say more about him but it would be outside the limitations of this forum. This is another ad hominem rant.

07-26-2010, 03:37 PM
How about this. I just don't care for Mr. Hislop. He ran the AFAUSSS into the ground and it is my personal belief that he is unfit to hold any position of authority much less the one he is seeking. I would say more about him but it would be outside the limitations of this forum. This is another ad hominem rant.

Not really. Now we are on the same page.

He has a track record that would prevent a rational person from supporting his candadicy.

'

07-26-2010, 05:02 PM
LONE RANGER - MY FRIEND - YOU GOT CAUGHT - the Hislop Team knows who you are and if I were you I'd be happy that X called u (X) first and asked "can I identify you by name?" But your gunpowder must have gotten wet because you told him "NO" - you've got lot's of bullets when you don't have to sign your name.

The reason Hislop won was as said by an earlier poster, their was no merit to any of the allegations. X took what you told him as fact - and he LOST. Hope you (X) realize that you were very close to being identified "ON THE RECORD" as the snitch.

Everyone of Bob's friends and even some of his enemys who are traveling to NYC in August can't wait to see you and say "Hi - my friend" - cause we all know you are the "snitch in the X"..............."MY FRIEND".......

How about you just manning up and admitting it on the oldstar site and then you can resign before they expel you. :devil:

Post modified due to violations of terms of use.
1. Invasion of privacy of previous poster and third party through use of initials for identification purposes.
2. Veiled threat regarding future meeting and disclosure of identity to cause loss of membership status.
Similar posts in the future are subject to deletion, particularly from proxy servers.
mod 166

posting.php?mode=quote&f=157&t=101508&p=692423# (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/posting.php?mode=quote&f=157&t=101508&p=692423#)

This article says it all...well not quite all especially coming from the liberal left newspaper.

Hislop is still slinging his sleazy weight by getting his so called attorney Groves to make back room deals so more of H's lies aren't found out and printed.

Only people with large bank accounts can usually fight the sleaze buckets who use some of these intimidation tactics to get someone to drop a complaint. These are typical tactics of goon squads and some unethical SS, including Hislop.

Read between the lines in what isn't in this article to know how sleazy this pair is (Hislop and Groves.) Also, anyone who calls themself an attorney and is on either side of this deal ought to lose their law license as it reeks of taking away an American's freedom of speech, the right to advertise the lies about a candidate for political office.

What's next?...hanging Kevin King in the village square and bringing in the firing squad to shut him up? Typical SS..shoot the messenger when the truth hits too close to home.

Read and be wary:

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/man_voids_complaint_over_finan

07-26-2010, 08:18 PM
LONE RANGER - MY FRIEND - YOU GOT CAUGHT - the Hislop Team knows who you are .......

Well................, duh.

Do you mean that there was someone out there who didn't know?

For you it took a TEAM to figure it out?

Why don't you children quit this infighting and backbiting? The Association was created to promote fellowship between the retirees. Most of us are quite tired of your constant bickering.

One side needs to leave the election in Colorado to the good people of Colorado. The other side needs to quit nursing old grievences.

Bury the past. Move on. Don't stay a member of the Association unless you are willing to do this. We will all be better for it.

07-27-2010, 01:38 AM
I don't think you speak for "most" of the members of AFAUSSS. Post your personal opinions like others do but don't pretend to speak for a majority of AFAUSSS members. If you can't stand the "constant bickering" why don't you resign yourself and it would be better for the rest of us who disagree with your thoughts.

07-29-2010, 03:14 PM
I don't think ...

Yes, that about sums it up.

You want to stamp your feet, drop to the floor and hold your breath until you turn blue.

OK,

But the grown-ups are going to disregard your childish rants and go about their business, which is enjoying life every day.

:D

07-29-2010, 08:16 PM
[quote="No Chance":1t2r8hty]I don't think ...

Yes, that about sums it up.

You want to stamp your feet, drop to the floor and hold your breath until you turn blue.

OK,

But the grown-ups are going to disregard your childish rants and go about their business, which is enjoying life every day.

:D[/quote:1t2r8hty]

I don't stamp my feet, drop to the floor nor hold my breath. I enjoy life to the fullest each and every day the good Lord gives me on this earth. If being grown up causes one to be blind to the facts, then I shall remain a child. Please go about your business and i will go about mine. If you don't like my personal opinion, that's fine, but like you I have an opinion and this forum allows me to express it whether you like it or not. Just ignore my posting and continue to enjoy your life.