PDA

View Full Version : STOP Rick Scott!

07-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Republican gubernatorial candidate Rick Scott proposed $1.4 billion in property tax cuts Wednesday, to be funded by spending cuts in prisons, welfare, Medicaid and state employee benefits.

Unveiling his economic plan during a trip through South Florida, the multimillionaire said a cut in the statewide property tax rate would save the average homeowner $142 annually. He also called for eliminating the corporate income tax over seven years.

The givebacks would be funded by about $4 billion in cuts to state spending.

"Get rid of the inefficiencies, get rid of the ineffective programs," he said outside the Sweetwater Senior Center.

Scott, 57, of Naples, is the former CEO of the Columbia/HCA hospital chain, who is self-funding most of his campaign. Although he offered scant details, Scott recommended the following reductions:

? $1.4 billion from state Medicaid payments, in part by expanding a pilot program that shifts recipients to private sector plans.

? $1 billion from prison expenditures, by "paying competitive market-based salaries for corrections staff," having inmates grow some of their own food and competitively bidding health care contracts.

? $400 million in cost cuts to state employee health insurance; a 5 percent cut to the state work force, saving another $300 million; and $1.4 million in reduced state pension contributions.

? $77 million in savings by making welfare requirements more stringent.

"We're going to drive down the cost of state government," Scott said. "We're going to run this state with common sense."

The campaign of his opponent in next month's primary, attorney general Bill McCollum, put out a statement deriding Scott as "a greedy and dishonest insider."

"He has put out a plan, where, when it doesn't copy Bill McCollum's, the ideas are unrealistic and misguided at best," campaign manager Matt Williams said in a statement.

In his visit to the Sweetwater Senior Center, Scott steered away from the details of his plan, instead handing out red roses to women and interrupting men's games of pool and dominoes. He also danced awkwardly to "Guantanamera" and scooped rice unto lunch plates he helped pass out.

07-22-2010, 02:05 AM
If you are a Republican, you better vote for McCollum in the primaries. This geek is our worst nightmare!

07-23-2010, 03:38 PM
If you are a Republican, you better vote for McCollum in the primaries. This geek is our worst nightmare!

I HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE AWAKE AND TAKING SOME TYPE OF ACTION TO STOP THIS IDIOT......FHP is already scared.

07-23-2010, 11:49 PM
He said he will make our costs as cheap as Texas costs per offender by using competitive pay scales for DOC. :snicker:

07-24-2010, 12:00 AM
We need to crush his bald head like a coconut! This guy must be defeated or we are screwed. :cop:

07-24-2010, 03:17 AM
This crook has got to be stopped. Get out and vote and pass the word to not vote for this clown .He is our enemy who wants to cut pay,bennies. The buck stops here.

07-24-2010, 07:02 PM
I agree with you big buck, we must get the word out on this guy. He is dangerous and a threat to our economic well-being. I also think he is a crook!

07-25-2010, 01:36 AM
What did Rick Scott mean when he said the following quote. This was in a Miami Herald Article.

The bumps in the road for the bus tour began the night before at a stop in the Villages, when someone asked what Scott would do as governor to keep Obama off the Florida ballot in 2012, suggesting he was born outside the country. Scott appeared surprised and responded, ``I'll have to look into it.''

Asked Friday whether he thought Obama was a citizen, he said, ``I assume he is or he wouldn't be president.'' Moments later, a campaign spokeswoman clarified: ``He's not a birther.''

In Clearwater, Scott talked to Sean O'Flannery, a high school government teacher, about the difficulty of judging schools statewide, because what works in one place may not in another.

``And also a school's color,'' Scott said. ``If you're 70 percent African-American, you are going to deal with different issues.''
McCollum's campaign and Democrats seized on this. A McCollum spokeswoman said his comments ``suggest he believes minority students shouldn't be held'' to the same standards as others, an insinuation Scott adamantly rejected.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/23/1 ... z0uealJfCa (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/23/1744713_p2/scott-hits-some-speed-bumps-on.html#ixzz0uealJfCa)

07-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Scott is the man.

07-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Well if he's the man, then you can't possibly work for DOC because this jabroni is coming for you and your family. id you read that article in press clips? This geek must be stopped!!!!!!! :evil:

07-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Scott must not have any relatives that work Career Service for the state.

07-27-2010, 12:46 AM
Get out there and join the McCollum campaign! We have to be sure McCollum wins the primary next month! 8)

CPT Aubrey
07-27-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm paraphrasing a well respected Florida author here as I can't fully remember the quote, but only in Florida can a known crook run for public office...and, ...have the potential to win.

I'm paraphrasing Carl Hiasen although obviously, not well.

The problem? Bill Mcollum is part of an on-going, do-nothing politcal culture that's cost us dearly.

Who's worse? A known crook or a crook who uses the system to feather on-going political employment?

Your guess is as good as mine and that's why we have elections.

As for me? If I were a Republican which I were not, I'd write in a third candidate.

Scott? Cut your own throat. I won't. I wonder how many in central office are working on his candidacy?

Only they know for sure. And if it looks like they're going to lose, watch them demote.

07-27-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm paraphrasing a well respected Florida author here as I can't fully remember the quote, but only in Florida can a known crook run for public office...and, ...have the potential to win.

I'm paraphrasing Carl Hiasen although obviously, not well.

The problem? Bill Mcollum is part of an on-going, do-nothing politcal culture that's cost us dearly.

Who's worse? A known crook or a crook who uses the system to feather on-going political employment?

Your guess is as good as mine and that's why we have elections.

As for me? If I were a Republican which I were not, I'd write in a third candidate.

Scott? Cut your own throat. I won't. I wonder how many in central office are working on his candidacy?

Only they know for sure. And if it looks like they're going to lose, watch them demote.

True Dat. That's why I am voting for John Wayne Smith

07-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Why would ANYONE with 300 mil. run for office?

07-27-2010, 11:48 PM
I think this blatherskite is full of nefarious intentions and he will screw all of us if given the chance. His campaign ads are mendacious to say the least, so tell your friends and family to vote for anyone but this jobbernowl!

07-28-2010, 11:20 PM
I think this blatherskite is full of nefarious intentions and he will screw all of us if given the chance. His campaign ads are mendacious to say the least, so tell your friends and family to vote for anyone but this jobbernowl!

Of course he is and of course he will.

So will every candidate running. Makes the question a tad more difficult.

07-29-2010, 03:55 AM

What is scary about these "less government" talking politicians is they are supported by a bunch in the public who really want civil servants to only earn a third world or bottom wage but provide a grade A service to the public. The political buzz term competitive wage when it comes to DOC workers concerns me as to who will be setting the standard and we will be competing based on what? I have tried for the past 2 years every budget year like the PBA tells us to call and I have written letters but I think we will be overwhelmed by the public sentiment this year. Even some of my nieghbors have had some off the color unsolicited remarks about my profession and employer. I only have a few years left it just seems a damn shame. And as far as Texas and North Carolina are concerned they no longer have a professional pool of career minded correctional officers & CPO's but just temp workers who will only be there a few years until they move on to something else. The public will suffer.

07-29-2010, 07:32 PM
And also a school's color,'' Scott said. ``If you're 70 percent African-American, you are going to deal with different issues.''

Well....

07-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Face it, Scott is a rich, crooked blooter and those are his good points! :snicker: Now, this arse clown refuses to debate Bill McCollum. So, on top of everything, he is a snollygoster! :snicker

07-30-2010, 02:46 PM
I am perusing blogs on this site and amused that you are more concerned with a lunch time then Rick Scott! Wake up before the prmary! Im a trooper and have other family members who work for the state. Doc should be more worred so I checked out the blogs here. Surprised and shocked!

08-01-2010, 04:11 PM

Of course he is and of course he will.

So will every candidate running. Makes the question a tad more difficult.

Scott in league with the certain legislative leaders would rape DOC benefits etc. If you dont see that you are a fool. He would never oppose or veto a reduction/cut of anything that reduces DOC pay/benefits.

08-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Why would ANYONE with 300 mil. run for office?

Its an Ego thing - people remember Presidents and Governors in the history books not people just for being rich for the most part.

08-13-2010, 11:37 PM
He said he will make our costs as cheap as Texas costs per offender by using competitive pay scales for DOC. :snicker:
:devil:

08-16-2010, 11:07 PM
It is early voting. Make sure you get out and vote...