PDA

View Full Version : A Message to Susan Chapman

07-20-2010, 07:06 AM
I am writing this letter to you in hopes that you, or one of your friends will read it. Its also theraputic for me, as we never had an opportunity to address the board you were in charge of in person. I watched every meeting intently, hoping I may see some sort of positive ray of light from you, or one of the other board members. Week after week, I realized more and more, that you were all closed minded cop haters with an agenda, given to you by Bartolotta. He obviously did a wonderful job hand picking you all for the postions.

So, week after week passed by, and I hear all of you talking about how corrupt we are, how crooked we are, how violent we are, how racist we are, but never did I ever see you prove any of these points. Sure you had your weekly martyrs, who would sit in front of the board, and tell there sob stories of how they were pulled over for running a stop sign, or the police killed my dad in 1970. Stories of how every other word out of our mouths is N****r. News flash for you, none of us were here in 1970, and we are supposed to pull people over for running stop signs. I have never heard any white officer ever say that word, and only know of one officer who did. And he was fired, by SPD, the department you say cannot police itself. But, there you sit, shaking your head as if you can feel the pain of these poor people that have been held down by the hand of the Sarasota Police.

Still no proof, or evidence of anything really ever happening to any of these poor people.

Next on the agenda, how can we make it easier and more comfortable for the undocumented aliens to call the police. They are afraid to call us because they are undocumented. News flash, undocumented, translates to illegal. I am sorry to inform you of this, but its normal for illegal aleins to be afraid of the police. This isnt a Sarasota issue, this is a nationwide issue. Well, its not an issue anyplace else. Its normal and expected.

So, now the six months is up, and your board has finished. Six months and nothing was accomplished. So, your 80 page book of suggested changes is completed. Basically, it boils down to, you think civilians should control everything at SPD.

So, here is my message to you, and your board. I have been an officer at SPD for 15 years. I have never used any force that wasnt necessary against a suspect. I have never said the "N" word. I always try to help everyone that I can, and treat every person with respect and dignity. I also, have never seen any other officers use these words, or treat people badly.

I know that it is hard for you to understand, but most of the citizen police contacts are not pleasant. Someone is either getting a traffic ticket, getting arrested, fighting with a wife or husband, etc. People often have reasons to try to make a cops life miserable. So, when you solicit complaints against us, and make it easier to make complaints, you are only encouraging people to make up lies against us, and register a false complaint.

You and your board have done one thing. You have caused officers that are usually proactive, and searching out criminals, to become reactive. Why should I go out and chase down bad guys, only to increase the number of complaints i recieve. I get paid the same either way. But guess who doesnt get paid the same. Defense attorneys. If we arent out there arresting people, who will there be to defend. Congradulations on that one, I hope the defense attornety community doesnt lose too much money for the next few years.

So, this year, when a hurricane is threatening Sarasota, I will kiss my family goodbye, and bring my raviolis and sleepeing bag to the station as I have done for the last fifteen years. I will hope my family is safe, and have no way to contact them if the phones go down. But I will be there to serve and protect Sarasota, with my brothers and sisters. All while you will be able to flee the storm to a safe place, knowing that SPD will be back in SRQ doing everything we can to help you.

I hope you are proud of yourself and sleep well at night. I am disgusted at you people for turning the place that I love and have chose to serve and give half of my life to, into a joke in the community.

07-20-2010, 07:46 PM
And another thing, you folks sat there and talked how SPD is not able to police ourselves, but I never saw any time where you looked into how many officers we have fired in the last 20 years. I am sure the number would surprise you, and is higher than other agencies.

08-04-2010, 01:07 AM
We can only hope that BoBo will get trampled by one of the elephants during the circus that he created. Susan will become an expert animal trainer and let us know what happened later.