PDA

View Full Version : Employment

07-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Done some research on your site, but it is kinda limited on pay scales and districts. What is your starting salary? I am assuming no step pay? Also, where is your headquarters in the Southwest area?

Thanks and stay safe!

07-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Headquarters is in Tallahassee. 90% of the Jobs with this agency are in North Florida.
Starting pay for Officers is about 32k.

07-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Starting salary is within the range of the other state agencys, don't know exactly what that is, (low 30's). Do a job search on Peoplefirst for L/E positions and you should get a closer figure. All, make that most, L/E jobs with the different outfits start the same or close to it.
We are broken into two Divisions. The uniform side has positions in the Jax. area, I-75 /I-10 area and the I-10 state line area. The Inv. side has a lower number of positions scattered around the state.
Generally one would be hired into the uniform side and try to promote up to the Inv. side. It is possible and not unheard of for one to come from the outside into a Inv. slot. This usually happens when we have a vacany and no one wants to move south.

Hope this helps.....

07-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Forgot to answer your other question. You are correct, no step plan. Those are long gone, not many are expecting a return any time soon.

07-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks for all your help/information, really appreciate it! Stay Safe

07-18-2010, 09:19 PM
How do you get the spot in Fanning Springs, man that looks like a cake deal.