PDA

View Full Version : Bubba The Love Sponge meets w/ Trooper Ambroise's family

07-15-2010, 03:58 AM
http://whtq.com/blogs/bubba/2010/07/a-show-of-heart-for-the-heartb.html

I'm a family member of a fellow LEO. I saw this story on the local news and thought it was important to give credit to those who show support to LEO and the agency.

A Show Of Heart For The Heartbroken
By Web Guy @ July 14, 2010

It's no secret that syndicated/satellite personality Bubba The Love Sponge has consistently shown his love and support of local law enforcement through his many charitable efforts over the years, including his annual "Bikes for Badges" fundraiser.

Today, those efforts will crystallize in the most human way possible -- Bubba will personally present checks totaling $45,000 in funds raised to the widows of three Florida law enforcement officers who died in the line of duty: Dixie County Sheriff's Captain Chad Reed, who was shot and killed during a shootout in January; St. Johns County Deputy James Anderson, Jr., who was killed by a drunk driver in January; and Florida Highway Patrol trooper Patrick Ambroise, who was killed in May when his vehicle was hit by another driver.

In what is sure to be an emotional day for all involved, Bubba will make the presentations in Cross City, FL at 11am; St. Augustine at 2pm; and Miami at 4:30pm. "The BTLS Foundation has now raised nearly $100,000 in the past two years to donate to the widows of law enforcement officers across Florida who've lost their lives while protecting our communities, and 100% of the money we raise is provided to them, with no administrative costs," Bubba tells RAMP. "I'm flying to all three Florida cities in one day to personally present the checks and to thank them for their husbands' service," he says. "It's heartbreaking because these deceased officers are mostly young guys with young families, and I'll continue to keep using my foundation for this purpose." For more info on Bubba's ongoing charitable efforts on behalf of law enforcement, go to http://www.btlsfoundation.org.

07-15-2010, 04:26 AM
OP, thanks for posting this.

If you have the time, a short email thanking them for their support would surely go a long way. I'm working on one myself. For anyone who is interested, their email is: charity@btls.com

07-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Say what you will about Bubba, you either like him or hate him, but for whatever reason he has, He is one, of the very few people how likes and supports law enforcement. Everyone else seems to always spout off hateful things, but I can tell you from being in Tampa for a while, he will support US. Unless you give him a ticket with feathers on it, then he will pick on that officer, but there again, I would too. Some people just do not understand that getting support from the public is the only reason more of US (COPS) have not been killed.

:cop:

07-18-2010, 10:34 PM
This is a very positive post. I am suprised more people have not posted any comments on here. I agree that Bubba went above and beyond which we should all appreciate. Thank You Bubba for all of your support as well as all the other charities and organizations that have supported law enforcement.

07-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Whoopee do.

Whoever posted this is a complete idiot.....I rather have him supporting us than talking bad about us. There are way too many idiots out there that does that already. Like this fool. :cop:

07-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks Bubba!