PDA

View Full Version : Henley-Putnam U

07-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Henley-Putnam University Offers a Masters in Management and Executive Protection, Intelligence, and Terrorism and Counterterrorism. As the experts in these fields, are these programs legit? What about the certificate programs? Currently, I have 3 yrs LEO experience and an undergrad degree. To get into the "well qualified" or "highly qualified" category for the USSS, should I pursue a certificate or Masters at Henley-Putnam? Is it worth the time and money? Thanks in advance for your input!

07-09-2010, 11:36 AM
You would be well advised to address this inquiry to the closest Secret Service office. There will be someone in the office who is responsible for recruiting agents who can answer your questions. Only they would know what weight is being given to such training. I suspect they would be unimpressed by the schooling.

To begin with, the Service is not an intelligence or counter-terrorism agency. It is a consumer of intelligence gathered by intelligence agencies such as the CIA and NSA. It does not conduct counter-terrorism investigations.

It is an executive protection agency, but it provides the training in this field to its agents. Although the school you mention has a (long) retired Service agent on staff, the training you would receive there would not approach the depth, degree and intensity of training and re-training that a Secret Service agent gets.

Again, your wisest course is to inquiry at a Secret Service field office.

07-09-2010, 02:00 PM
I agree with the above posting. In researching instructors at HPU, I notice they have three retired USSS SA's on staff.