PDA

View Full Version : ACCUSATIONS AGAINST DEPUTY UNFOUNDED

07-08-2010, 04:16 AM
ACCUSATIONS AGAINST DEPUTY UNFOUNDED
By TONY HOLT | Hernando Today

Deputy Jeffrey Swartz was accused of conduct unbecoming when he responded to a property dispute in March.

An internal investigation found no evidence of wrongdoing. Swartz's performance was satisfactory and there was no indication of bad behavior, according to Sgt. Kathleen Reid, who did the investigation on behalf of the Hernando County Sheriff's Office.

The report became public record Wednesday.

Swartz responded to 19297 Ayers Road near Masaryktown after Jerry Kubis complained he couldn't get his horses off the property owned by Gregory Williams.

Williams said he was allowed to keep Kubis from taking his horses because he had a lien on them due to an outstanding debt. The horses were collateral, Williams said.

Swartz conferred with two of his superiors and determined Kubis could take the horses, according to Reid's report.

Because it was a landlord-tenant issue, Williams couldn't deny Kubis access to his animals, according to the sheriff's office.

Kubis came onto the property three separate times and cut a lock and a chain, which Swartz said he had a right to do, the report showed.

Eventually, Kubis paid his debt and the matter was resolved between the two men.

Williams, however, was still felt burned by the incident. He complained of Swartz's behavior, calling him "arrogant" and "unyielding."

That prompted the investigation, according to the report.

It wasn't the first time Swartz has been investigated by internal affairs.

He was demoted from detective to patrol deputy after his October 2009 arrest on a domestic battery charge.

Lt. Cinda Moore, a sheriff's spokeswoman, said the criminal charge was expunged and an internal investigation revealed no evidence of wrongdoing.

Even still, Sheriff Richard Nugent said he was disappointed by Swartz's conduct.

He was arrested after pushing his wife down on their bedroom floor, grabbing her by the neck and then by her arms, according to an arrest report.

Prosecutors said they dropped the charges after Swartz said he was restraining his wife for her own protection. He said she was intoxicated and had "lost control."

The two were drinking with friends hours past midnight while their three children were asleep, according to the sheriff's office.

Nugent said Swartz used "poor judgment."

07-08-2010, 08:17 PM
It's more about affairs and not investigating.
Nugent said Swartz used "poor judgment."
I wholeheartedly agree and this is something he does frequently.

07-19-2010, 05:06 AM
This LEO should of been terminated long time ago he is to much of a liability to this agency.

07-23-2010, 01:40 AM
This LEO should of been terminated long time ago he is to much of a liability to this agency.Absolutely :!:

07-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Watch him do it again

07-23-2010, 09:51 PM
All I can tell you folks,is that I have to admit that our agency is not as professional as it was even 2 yrs ago.Ever since Nugent has his sights on Congress and etc.our place is not the same.I hear this from within and how the citizens feel about a few bad apples and unprofessionalism.I see that we are going backwards again having to ask the sgt. for every move we make out here.Weird to me as I worked elsewhere.

07-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Keep expunging records and this one will end up like Shawn Terry and where he belongs, IN JAIL. I hate dirty co workers but I hate dirty investigators more. People wonder why HCSO has a bad name? Blame internal affairs and the brass.