PDA

View Full Version : Officer who allegedly threatened robbery victim investigated

07-01-2010, 12:26 AM
MIAMI LAKES, Fla. (WSVN) -- While police investigate the murder of a South Florida father, internal affairs investigators are looking into a police officer who allegedly threatened him.

Accusations of rage, jealousy and lost love have clouded the investigation into a botched robbery that took the life of a father of four, Monday night. It turned out that the victim, Enrique Diaz, and Miami-Dade Police Officer Alfredo Arias had been in love with the same woman, Suany Sanchez.

Miami-Dade Police continue to search for two armed robbers who accosted Diaz outside his Miami Lakes home, leaving him for dead in his own driveway. Meanwhile, the victim's family has confirmed the bizarre love triangle Diaz had become embroiled with in the days and weeks before his shooting death.

As the victim's brother is left clutching a police flyer with the picture of a Nissan Armada, which he had followed on to Interstate 95 but lost sight of Monday night after his brother's shooting, the victim's girlfriend has confirmed the threats and harassment she and Diaz suffered at the hands of Arias. Arias was Diaz's girlfriend of five years.

Miami-Dade Police have confirmed that Arias has had several on-going internal affairs investigations against him. Two of them, Diaz's family members said, were sparked by the deceased victim.

On Saturday, June 19, Diaz would call 911, his girlfriend said, to report that Arias had broke into her home. Arias allegedly, while in uniform, had climbed into Sanchez's Miami Lakes home through a window, which is now boarded up. "He asked about my new boyfriend, tore my panties off, used a knife to cut them off. I threatened to call police. That's when he left," Sanchez reported.

Sanchez went on to describe Arias' obsessive behavior. "I know he was harassing us," she said. "He kept telling me he loved me, wanted a family with me."

Days before that incident, Diaz had called Sanchez to say Arias was following him in his patrol car. Diaz wound up with a speeding ticket. "I told him to go to the station and put in a complaint," Sanchez said. "Talk to the lieutenant and tell him everything, that you're my boyfriend and he's harassing us."

Nine days later, Diaz wound up shot and killed, the victim of an apparent robbery for his fake gold chain, which he loved to wear. "I don't know if it was for the chain," Sanchez said. "He'd been robbed before for the chain. I told him-- we all did-- not to wear it. Only God knows."

Miami-Dade Police Lt. Nancy Perez released a statement saying, "Every allegation that has come to light is being investigated." Police said they do believe the motive that ended up with Diaz's death was robbery. Meanwhile, Arias has been reassigned to another substation as a result of the internal affairs investigations and remains on patrol.

Police continue to search for the two robbers that fled in that Aramada, following the shooting. If you have any information that can help solve this case, call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.

07-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Whoa! Un-f-c-ing believable! Yeah, that's some "coincidence."
Why does a guy think that he owns a pu-sy or has one on lock down? A piece of advice, brothers in blue and brown: YOU DON'T OWN THAT THING. PERIOD. When a beeatch don't want you no more, that's it my brotha. It's time to go find yourself some new pu--y. Or not. Or read a book. Or here's a great idea- work on being a better person, self-improvement, maybe even improve your career. Hit the gym. Anything. But leave the b-t-ch alone. More officers lose their jobs over p-s-s-y than for any other reason. In this case, this officer may face a murder investigation. Can you imagine? All those hopes, training, ethics, etc. out the fu---ing window. What are we thinking?
Doesn't anyone watch the first 48? Justice Files? 20/20? All these affairs and 33ing lead to people getting killed. And for some reason, we cops don't think we can be told to f--ck off. I'm not saying the officer did it, but damn bro, that is some "coincidence."

The husband of the beeeatch you're trying to nail conveniently gets greased in his driveway, the victim of an apparent "robbery." Jeezie. Say it isn't so. Who are we hiring? Are we hiring good people, or just guys who know someone who know someone who likes Cuban cigars, coffee, is connected to the Cuban Good Old Boy Network. I don't know. I guess I'm jumping to conclusions. Stay safe and stay sane, brothers and sisters.