PDA

View Full Version : Dubject charges Bradenton Officer

06-30-2010, 11:33 PM
2nNot knowing all the facts, just what I read in the paper which never gives all the information I hope I am wrong. If this incident went down as they say, the man charged the officer holding a loaded firearm I have to wonder why he was not shot. I mean if the guy had a gun displayed a Taser is not the appropriate level of force. If this is true your agency needs to do some serious training. Be safe out there.

07-01-2010, 04:08 PM
He did not see the gun til after he tazed him I believe.

07-02-2010, 02:27 AM
2nNot knowing all the facts, just what I read in the paper which never gives all the information I hope I am wrong. If this incident went down as they say, the man charged the officer holding a loaded firearm I have to wonder why he was not shot. I mean if the guy had a gun displayed a Taser is not the appropriate level of force. If this is true your agency needs to do some serious training. Be safe out there.

I guess you believe everything you read in the paper. If you do, It might be you who needs the training..stop playing monday night quarterbacking..If you really want to know, ask the officer himself...Its not like you can't find the number to our agency. If you really want to show/talk with him about your expertise in law enforcement i'm sure he would listen..No need to come on our board and say cr-p about what you think he should of done..Man up and talk with him about it if your really concerned.

07-02-2010, 02:28 PM
The above is true...The guy took off running, luckily the officer had his taser in his hand. The guy turned went to reach behing his back and got zapped. Sure just the fact that he made a quick movement behind his back the officer couldve shot him and probably been fine. But thankful everything worked out perfect. I can say I probably would not have had my taser out if I'm just chasing someone for a bar tab....Lesson learned though.

07-04-2010, 08:57 PM

I guess you believe everything you read in the paper. If you do, It might be you who needs the training..stop playing monday night quarterbacking..If you really want to know, ask the officer himself...Its not like you can't find the number to our agency. If you really want to show/talk with him about your expertise in law enforcement i'm sure he would listen..No need to come on our board and say cr-p about what you think he should of done..Man up and talk with him about it if your really concerned.

Well I see the attitude here and it is scary. If you actually read my post you would have realized that I was not saying the paper was correct, only pointing out if it was. Try opening your mind a little and realize that was not a stab at the officer. It was actually serious concern that your agency may be lacking in training. We see way to many officers being killed due to not being prepared. I appreciate the post that actually clarified the situation and for being a little more professional than you. You may post your negative comment now however, I do hope you find some happiness in your life. Toot a loo..

07-05-2010, 05:07 PM
So, what you are saying is he should have had his gun out. If you are a cop my question to you is, Do you pull out your gun on every foot pursuit? If you do then you need some training. I am sure if the officer had any idea the suspect was armed his gun would have been out and not his taser. This was an ambush situation that turned out in the officers favor and the majority of officers being killed by a gun are from a ambush. The most trained officers are killed in this country everyday who had no control over their situation. Try congradulating the officer on a JOB WELL DONE!

07-05-2010, 08:44 PM

In order to do some training an agency would need a good training officer and not a fat A, illiterate slouch.