PDA

View Full Version : Life in Hernando and surrounding areas

06-25-2010, 04:18 PM
For those that are moving to start at the jail... What is life like in Hernando and surronding area? Can HCSO guys advise areas to stay away from (living wise) and others that we should pay attention too (cost and what you get for the money). Any information would be a great help. I personally am coming from Lake County and know of others that are "out of county" guys...so.. any tid-bits would be a great help to those newer Detention Deputies.

Thanks!!

BE SAFE!!

06-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Did you already get hired on? or still in the process?

06-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Hired

06-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I took my CVSA and passed . don't know how long the process takes.

07-20-2010, 11:56 AM
bumping this thread.. try to get some life/help for the new-coming staff members..

07-21-2010, 05:11 AM
Who cares go away Jailer . This is LEO AFFAIRS NOT CO AFFAIRS

07-23-2010, 01:39 AM
This knucklehead gives you an idea of what we have to put up with around here.

Who cares go away Jailer . This is LEO AFFAIRS NOT CO AFFAIRS

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

08-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Already the garbage talking from a patrol deputy to a detention deputy starts. Sad. If you didn't have "jailers" to house the criminals, then patrol wouldn't have a job, now would they genius?

08-02-2010, 12:45 PM
half the people on here dont even work for HCSO

08-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Does anyone know how much longer its gonna be for HCSO to finish up the physicals and psych exams for the detention deputies that have been given a job offer? Seems to be taking forever, but I'm sure that with so many new employees they are a little behind.

08-09-2010, 09:38 PM
All of the people I know are done with all parts..

08-10-2010, 01:16 AM
I think they are still working on getting the staffing for the jail finished. I think it was a little tougher than expected to get all the applicants approved and scheduled for the physicals etc.

08-21-2010, 03:22 AM
Where do you get the Polo shirts/jackets made up at? Purchasing said to go to Luppers (or whatever it is by Beef's)..I wasn't impressed by their logo. I was looking for the larger Deputy Sheriff star that others have. Does anyone know where they shirts/windbreakers come from?

08-21-2010, 04:07 AM
I think they are still working on getting the staffing for the jail finished. I think it was a little tougher than expected to get all the applicants approved and scheduled for the physicals etc.
Yes because Nugent is on the campaign trail instead of working along with how many other deputies? Four employees went to talk to one reporter so they are tied up with his campaign too.

08-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Where do you get the Polo shirts/jackets made up at? Purchasing said to go to Luppers (or whatever it is by Beef's)..I wasn't impressed by their logo. I was looking for the larger Deputy Sheriff star that others have. Does anyone know where they shirts/windbreakers come from?
Dude you are a Detention Deputy not a LEO to be wearing that stuff get your mind right your a JAIL Guard not a real cop.

08-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Really?? Dont pay any attention to the bias remarks by a handfull of people that post negative remarks towards DD's on this site. Because most LEO's are glad to see this transition in the jail. More deputys within the S.O. means a louder voice, no more bending over backwards for the inmates and a bigger "family" for this agency. I know that there is a problem among the senior members and patrol etc. but for the most part, we are all generally close and look forward to the agency growing. However, in response to the last remark, it only took about a month and half class to get dual cert. So one of the guys that arent being called "real cops" can easily be your supervisor one day. Alot of the "real cops" that I know started in the jail at some point and have made better LEO's for it. Grow up. You have to be one of the very few badge heavy, miserable individuals that just wanna come to this site and complain about anything and everything. I for one say congrats and welcome aboard detention DEPUTYS.

08-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Dude you are a Detention Deputy not a LEO to be wearing that stuff get your mind right your a JAIL Guard not a real cop.
We have the same boss and sadly you are representative of what most road deputies are like. There's more trouble brewing on the homefront and Rich needs left right were he is so that he can be held accountable. Isn't that what most of us want? At least that's what I'm hearing from my bros. His time is coming. Karma baby, karma.

08-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Since I am LEO and Detention.. I have done my time on both sides of the fence. I'm not going to let some idiot loud-mouth destroy what I hope to be a positive future. Maybe before you go popping off at the mouth, you have some sense about what you talk about.

08-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Little Embroidery shop on Sunshine Grove Rd next to the BBQ place.

08-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Thank You "in the know"