PDA

View Full Version : street vs jail

06-25-2010, 05:02 AM
I have been reading some of the older post and it seems to me that most of the deputys on the road dislike the ones in the jail i am curious as to why. i work in the jail and i personally think you on the road have a lot more to do and worry about than us and i hear people say the jail and road are the same i disagree I think you on the road have a much more difficult job than we do by far. our job couldent get any easier the only thing hard to deal with is the stress and the fact that there are alot more idiots working in the jail than on the road. we have some real morons in here, but also some good ones. I dont think anyone on the road is better than me at all. but it does piss me off to hear road deputys start bashing on us jail guys. whats the big deal anyway?

06-27-2010, 05:17 AM
With the right Sheriff, you wouldn't have this division of the departments. It hasn't been that many years ago when everyone did work as a team. If any of the folks on the road don't think you have a job in there, let some of them come work a month of shifts. He'll beg to get out. For three days he would work days and then go to mids for the next two day shift. It screws with your sleeping habits as well as your family life. Sure, it's great to work only 13 days a month, but it would be the longest 13 days for a lot of you. The people in the jail have to put up with a lot more bs than we do on the street. If you get tired of listening to a dummy, you get in your car and drive off. They don't have that luxury in there. Be happy with the position you have and don't make fun at those that don't do the same type job. One day you may be out getting your butt kicked and a Detention Officer may have to help you. I bet your opinion would change after that. They are a great bunch of people and wouldn't be in this line of work if they didn't care.

06-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Those Go& Dam# jailers... I've got one who got an extra pb & J in Blue 2 Pod 6... Call the CERT team!

06-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Those Go& Dam# jailers... I've got one who got an extra pb & J in Blue 2 Pod 6... Call the CERT team!
you are funny,

06-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Shut up turnkey

06-27-2010, 10:20 PM
To the original poster,

I think that the majority of road officers respect the correctional officers and vice versa. There will always be a chosen few who feel they are the best on either side (typically they are the ones with their heads up their butt). There has been an us/them relationship between patrol/corrections for many, many years. Some of the blame does rest on past administrations. I feel however the majority of the blame rests on each officer (on both sides) who decides to carry on such a foolish and idiotic stance. We are one department and we should always remember that.

Trust me when I tell you that corrections does not have the monopoly on morons. Patrol has more than their fair share as well. Hopefully, those idiots on both sides will either be changed by the other officers on shift or they will eventually wash themselves out of our ranks. Don't allow the few black sheep on both sides change your view of our department. The majority of officers on both sides are hard working professionals who get the job done regardless of who is in admin or what is said on LEO Affairs.

So to the officers working in corrections and patrol let me say thank you to each of you for the great job you all do everyday.

06-29-2010, 02:14 AM
The previous post is exactly right on target. I have never been in the jail either looking for information or booking a prisoner, where the staff hasn't done anything they could to be helpful in any way they could for me. Maybe there are some there that have to be tolerated a little, but I can assure you there is a bunch wearing guns and driving patrol cars that leave a lot to be desired and have no business looking down their noses at someone in the jail. Anybody that says or thinks different needs to back up and look again!!

07-08-2010, 09:19 PM

Its CIRT not CERT jackass