PDA

View Full Version : C O L A

06-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Reality: Most gave the city 1.5% COLA in exchange for cell phone stipend and striping of cars. "Good Faith" they called it.
Included in that "deal" was no charging for take-home cars, as per RS and JK. Ask them about it now, because, per city finance, they were never told and it is not going to happen. We were told it was included and were lied to once again by RS. When is enough really enough? RS now has no comment, even though I and probably everyone else he spoke to was told the charge would be gone.

06-26-2010, 10:21 PM
THE ONLY ONES WE HAVE TO BLAME IS OURSELVES!!!!! At the end of the day, its OUR union. We had the chance to vote in solid union representation, but as always, we turned it into a popularity contest. So we are stuck with what we have so f***ing live with it!!!!!! Here's an idea! Lets put all the crap that we can't change now behind us and gear up for the upcoming contract year. Since its clear that the reps don't understand that they need to get a little dirty in this fight and stop trying to smooth everything over, maybe some of the more senior guys should step up and help out instead of hitting this stupid forum just to overstate everything we already know...Lets review shall we...

First----pull at least the majority of us together so we have some voting power...
Second------work the contract issue we want now so we are ready next year....
Third----next time it comes around, vote in the right guys for the job and not the most popular......
Forth----stop waiting on the reps to tell you what's going to happen, start telling them what we want!

If you need an example, you need only to look at Ft Lauderdale....We can be very powerful IF WE STICK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-27-2010, 04:52 PM
There is one problem with your plan..... RS can not be voted out!

07-01-2010, 03:51 AM
The only way around all this is to go to a differnt union. Then there would be no leg to stand on.

07-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Fact Stater ur an ASS----. Everyone is trying so hard to brown nose in this place and vote yes to everything RS says. I voted NO. Everyone did stick together idiot they all voted yes to give money back for no reason. Start facing facts the city does not truly care about you. You should have kept ur $$$$$ in october

07-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Fact Stater ur an ASS----. Everyone is trying so hard to brown nose in this place and vote yes to everything RS says. I voted NO. Everyone did stick together idiot they all voted yes to give money back for no reason. Start facing facts the city does not truly care about you. You should have kept ur $$$$$ in october

No reason???? You state that the city doesn't care about you right? Of course they don't So lets piss them off for $80 a month before taxes. Don't you understand Skirvin or no Skirvin the city has us by the balls. Do you see whats going on around us? Springs gave up their step raises, Margate would be happy to keep what they have. Hallandale is at impasse and they are looking for a small raise. Hallandale and Margate top off in the $60's by the way. West Palm had a contact IMPOSED on them and they had to give up their half of their holidays and they are talking about having to take one furlow day a month. Thats way more than a 1.5% loss. And our 1.5% isn't even a loss it's something we don't even have yet. Lets say we go to impasse on the next contract, do you think the citizens will rally behind us and pressure the council? OH yea that will happen I'm a city resident I just lost my job and I'm gonna lose my house but I can't stop thinking about those poor police officers that only top out at $80000+. I am willing to have pay more taxes and not feed my kids. If you believe anything Skirvin says it's your fault.

07-05-2010, 01:35 PM
He is correct, look around we got it petty darn good. I will vote for another union, but we will not do any better. The city will give or take from us no mtter what union we have. I would like to see a union change too. Time will tell if giving up the 1.5 was the PC thing to do.