PDA

View Full Version : Pay Raise

06-17-2010, 10:18 PM
I am trying to get your last four years raises. Thanks for the help. A fellow LEO brother. Stay safe.

07-23-2010, 04:14 AM
LCSO,

Whats the starting pay for a deputy vs a new sgt's starting pay at Lake? Do you have a step plan?

10-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Ugh, what raise? We have not had a raise in the last for years. This year we are getting the 3% that Gov. Scott stole from us and that is it. As for pay, ours is probably the most screwed up of any agency. Our starting pay is average for Central Florida, but we pay people more for their experience from other agencies then we pay for tenure in our own. In other words a new hire with 5 years experience from nowhere PD will make more then a current deputy with 5 years experience. I have over 16 years and am a SGT and make $1.13 more an hour then someone that starts tomorrow with 10 years experience from another agency. No we don't have a step plan, and even bringing up pay in our agency will have you blackballed.

10-06-2011, 02:38 AM
That's because SCSO sucks. I love how everyone who works here has been brainwashed into thinking that our agency is "elite" and it is a privilege to work here... this place is a joke. Sgt. Lemma from the courthouse gets the CCIB Sgt job? Someone who has always been at the courthouse and has NEVER worked the road outside of training? Really? I'm sure that last name carries a lot of weight though. /rolls eyes

No union, low pay, and nepotism running rampant. It's only going to get worse. Hell, I'm still wearing my "loaner" vest from when I started 4 years ago!

11-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Maybe you should know the facts before you start running your cake beaters. Great place to work and no major issues.. Next

12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
That's because SCSO sucks. I love how everyone who works here has been brainwashed into thinking that our agency is "elite" and it is a privilege to work here... this place is a joke. Sgt. Lemma from the courthouse gets the CCIB Sgt job? Someone who has always been at the courthouse and has NEVER worked the road outside of training? Really? I'm sure that last name carries a lot of weight though. /rolls eyes

No union, low pay, and nepotism running rampant. It's only going to get worse. Hell, I'm still wearing my "loaner" vest from when I started 4 years ago!

We have some of the bes equipment out of any agency, so if you are still wearing a loaner vest after 4 years its because your too LAZY to go pick up your new vest from supply.

12-25-2012, 04:44 AM
The pay at SCSO is a joke. Some deputies are making more then Sgts, sgts more then LTs, junior sgts more then senior. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Our starting pay is close to everyone else's but that's where it ends. If your look at pay with tenure, lets say compare 10 year deputies/officers around the region you will find we are 10-20k below everyone else. For example a 14 year sgt is at 47k at SCSO, a friend at OCSO with 14 years that is just a deputy is at 65k. Our equipment is good, the guy complaining about his vest is an idiot. But the other poster about nepotism and Lemma, and I will add Jenkins is dead on.

No union equals an administration that does what ever it wants. The administration has all been promoted repeatedly over the last few years, from Lt. to Capt to Maj with now change in responsibility levels, but the rank and file has been left with next to nothing. 3% last year to make up for what Scott took and 3% this year, it had been since 2007.

On another note, the Seminole County Commision are the heighest paid in the region.