PDA

View Full Version : SPD PENSION TO 401K??

06-13-2010, 09:49 PM
HELLO my brothers and sisters of SARASOTA PD, I am a FT MYERS POLICE OFFICER, and I am here on LEO AFFAIRS today to give you a headsup that we had a PBA meeting the other day and SPD was mentioned about layoffs, salary reductions, and a possible pension change to a 401K..WHAT??

Here is the problem that I don't understand?? SARASOTA has three things going for it in camparison to alot of cities in FLORIDA-1-BEACHFRONT 2-BAYFRONT 3-A BEAUTIFUL DOWNTOWN, why are your city officials crying poor?? when it seems to me it is a city of old money and alot of KA-CHING!!

Also I would like to know, what has the PBA down for you guys lately?? FMPD is represented by the PBA and for the most part lately the have hung us out to dry, so much we call the PBA down here the (PBA) the (PROFESSIONAL BOWLERS ASSOCIATION) HAVE YOU GUYS AND GALS GIVEN UP ON THIS UNION.

THANKS! FOR LISTENING 8)

06-14-2010, 11:36 AM
You guys hiring? All the bad press is only half the story, it's worse in real life............Seriously is anyone in your area hiring that still might have a pension system in a year or so?

The PBA is like a coiled Cobra of Awesome Negotiating Power, they are just waiting to strike at the right moment. That moment might have been yesterday, or possibly the day before, actually it might have been last July when this dishwasher fiasco started......but none the less a F'ing coiled Cobra bro, and they are sooo gonna give it to the Administration,,,,,, when they warm up and do a few streches, maybe a lap or two, and have a quick bite to eat (negotiating is tough on an empty stomach), but then...oh yeah then they're gonna throw down Spider Monkey Style. Fur and Blood will coat the motherlovin walls.....they'll never see it coming.

Also make sure you pay your dues........

06-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Our system is under attack,as we speak the commison has been working with the manager to gut the system and change everything. I know it will be easy to blame the union or anyone else but the reality is if there are 3 votes for change on a commision you are in trouble. I have been a long term employee who has come to work and stayed out of the politics and the union. I have seen my benefits and pay increase over the years and now that we are under attack like most of the cities it will be easy to blame the pba for these changes the facts are the commision hired this manager to come in and do what he has been doing since he arrived in srq. I am guilty as some of my co workers for sitting back and letting a small group fight for our rights now is the time for all of us to unite and get new commisioners elected and rid ourselves of the manager and get back to finding officials that will keep their promises. I will be sure to respond to the call to unite and i am tired of sitting on the sidelines.