PDA

View Full Version : Hey Station 19

05-31-2010, 03:55 AM
Is it true that Jerry the maintenance man drives all the way to Pensacola to mow the grass and spends a couple of nights in a hotel while doing so?

markx309
05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Yes its true. This just started. He drove over and cut grass in alittle over 6 hours. Spent the night then came back next day for a roof leak, then left.

05-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Wouldn't it be cheaper to contract the grass with someone local? How about allowing officers to cut it for comp time? There is a Lt. doing body work and a K9 officer painting buildings under such an agreement. It would save 8hrs of driving, a hotel room, and per diem, plus maybe boost morale by giving the officers something a little extra. We cannot pay officers travel but we can pay for the maintenance man to travel from 95 to Pensacola and every where in between? Maybe we should look at doing this at all stations. I would mow my station weekly for comp time. Hell I would weed eat, which does not get done now. My mower, my gas, my time, give me 3hrs for my side station and I will cut it every week. We are lucky to get it cut once a month now.

I would think that even doing maintenance on the building and such would be cheaper to contract or comp time an officer for.

It may not be part of our "job description" but neither is car washing or building cleaning.

05-31-2010, 11:23 PM
I hear that dog really loves peanut butter :devil:

06-01-2010, 12:49 AM
same thing as having an officer drive an hour from station 1 to station 4 when there are 4 officer within 20 minutes. Total of 2hrs drive time from station 1 plus fuel

06-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Same as having an officer drive from 95 to get oil changed in patrol cars in White Springs. Almost 3-4 hours of an officer being away from a station then gas and miles on the car. Jiffy Lube would be cheaper by more than half, but hey what do I know I am just a ramp monkey. So wasteful.

06-01-2010, 11:02 AM
same thing as having an officer drive an hour from station 1 to station 4 when there are 4 officer within 20 minutes. Total of 2hrs drive time from station 1 plus fuel

I did not think that they were supposed to send officers from 1 to 4? Isn't it over 50 miles?

06-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Almost, Guess the budget aint that "Bad"

06-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Who cares?

06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Who cares?

Everybody should.

06-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Darn right Zulu, the brass were willing to close 19 you better care. They have a den of liars in Tallahassee.

07-31-2010, 01:06 AM
Yep, he is still traveling to cut grass across the state. someone please write a letter to the editor, Fl Dept of Ag with over 13000 employees statewide, sends one man 500 miles round trip to cut grass. Fuel, time, motel, perdiem............. Do we not have an inmate crew in Escambia County with DOT or DOF that can run by and cut the grass? Maybe contract it to a local business for less money? We got no money in the budget for training but we can sure get the grass cut.

Ask that guy Monjovie who sends out the Ag email alerts to include this in his weekly ag updates.

Can't wait for Rick Scott to get to work and cut this crap out.

07-31-2010, 11:17 AM
The mechanic will retire soon. I wonder if they will replace him or contract car maintenance out. It would be cheaper if they contracted it.