PDA

View Full Version : HIRING

05-24-2010, 07:00 PM
When will NPR start the hiring process? Any front runners? What is the process like? What are the pro's and con's. Can anyone help me out?

06-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Just read all the posts for the NPR-PD. Why would anyone want to work for such a dysfunctional agency, that is self described by their own officers' as "a circus". Very scary, but the way the current economy is, I guess any job at this time will pay the bills. Maybe it might be a good place to get some real life education and get some hands on, practical experience before moving on to greener pastures.
Good luck in your pursuit of a LEO career ! :!:

06-13-2010, 11:24 AM
This is the whole thing in a nutshell. All this nonsense is planned. A couple of disgruntled cops are bashing the place and planting posts because they know the days of being protected are over. little bbq boy and his pals are pulling a stunt. be careful bbq bot, it will backfire on you. This is a good place to work and we have a few fools like every otner place.

Just read all the posts for the NPR-PD. Why would anyone want to work for such a dysfunctional agency, that is self described by their own officers' as "a circus". Very scary, but the way the current economy is, I guess any job at this time will pay the bills. Maybe it might be a good place to get some real life education and get some hands on, practical experience before moving on to greener pastures.
Good luck in your pursuit of a LEO career ! :!:

06-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Im completely lost.Who is BBQ boy? And furthermore, who is so disgruneled?

08-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I will be retiring from a State agency with a FSRS pension. Are there any positions available with the NPRPD for an experienced and well seasoned officer whose certification is current ? I know that NPRPD is not a participant in the Florida State Retirement System, so "double dipping" (to quote Mike Fasano) is not an issue. :roll:
:?:
:lol:

08-11-2010, 09:29 PM
DO yourself a favor, and forget any foolish notion of applying to this agency, unless of course your an arrogant, self serving, alcoholic, pill popping, lying dirtbag, that takes no issue with violating civil rights, operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, fleeing the scene of a traffic crash, embarassing, disgracing, and bringing forth total humiliation upon the entire profession, then I say welcome aboard. Unfortunately, this position is currently filed. However, if you've met the above qualifications, and possess some additional skills, you may be right for one of these other positions.

Minimum Qualifications. Position

Extreme laziness + chain smoker+ drunk after 5pm= Crime Scene Tech

I.Q. 80 and under+excessive body hair+uni-brow=. Custodian

inability to be on time+excellent working knowledge of Farmville= Dispatch Supervisor

extremely annoying+Long winded+poor hygiene=. Corporal

Years of practice schluffing off calls+50 inch plus waist+permanent jelly donut stain on shirt+deer in headlight look on face+passed over for Corporal at least 3 times= M.P.O.

Degree in ambulance chasing+complete idiot+slinging bullshit+all around cluster f*%k+perpetrator of 911 violations=. Mayor

08-12-2010, 01:52 AM
That is some of the funniest crap I have read on here!

08-12-2010, 02:05 PM
What are the "qualifications" for just a Police Officer with patrol responsibilities????
:?: :P

08-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Don't waste your time it is not worth the underpaid money you earn to show up anymore. We are the laughing stock of the police world. You would only resign in frustration or under investigation.

08-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Actually, the only reason Pasco is joking about us is a sig-3-4 involving a Detective Sergeant and a dope crazed suspended officer. Other than that, we look pretty good.

08-13-2010, 12:54 AM
WE'D LOOK EVEN BETTER IF YOU'D GET SOME LIFTS FOR YOUR SHOES, AND SHAVE THAT CHINCHILLA OFF YOUR FACE ! HAHAHA YA DING DONG ! :P

08-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Your kidding right? We are the pantie waste of police agencies with a diaper running the show and the "Little General" barking orders.

08-17-2010, 08:56 PM
If the NPRPD is hiring, would they actually consider a seasoned, experienced, currently certified, but retired applicant? I've worked in some outrageous situations, so your department's "issues" don't really worry me. I do my job and go home in one piece. When I am on patrol there is virtually no crime, because "criminals tremble at the mere mention of my name".
:D :) :roll: :lol: :cop:

08-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Came across some posts that were interesting specifically the one about employee qualifications. ;
The only real qualifications for this Department should be that we all do our jobs and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing . There is no reason to be so disrespectful to others life is just to short . On a daily basis we come in contact with disrespectful, evil and dangerous people lets try to do better and "Respect ourselves and our co-workers". Peace Out!!!

We have stressful jobs and get back to doing your own job. It is not necessa I wont be so evil as to post who "holds"he title for s
DO yourself a favor, and forget any foolish notion of applying to this agency, unless of course your an arrogant, self serving, alcoholic, pill popping, lying dirtbag, that takes no issue with violating civil rights, operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, fleeing the scene of a traffic crash, embarassing, disgracing, and bringing forth total humiliation upon the entire profession, then I say welcome aboard. Unfortunately, this position is currently filed. However, if you've met the above qualifications, and possess some additional skills, you may be right for one of these other positions.

Minimum Qualifications. Position

Extreme laziness + chain smoker+ drunk after 5pm= Crime Scene Tech

I.Q. 80 and under+excessive body hair+uni-brow=. Custodian

inability to be on time+excellent working knowledge of Farmville= Dispatch Supervisor

extremely annoying+Long winded+poor hygiene=. Corporal

Years of practice schluffing off calls+50 inch plus waist+permanent jelly donut stain on shirt+deer in headlight look on face+passed over for Corporal at least 3 times= M.P.O.

Degree in ambulance chasing+complete idiot+slinging bullshit+all around cluster f*%k+perpetrator of 911 violations=. Mayor

08-28-2010, 12:21 AM
A TRULY GREAT ONE Once offered me these words of wisdom, and I Quote "Ya gotta have thick skin in this business, son, so don't be a cry baby". Yes sir, the Ass'istant Chief's spirit still lingers in the hallways and hearts of us all. He's gone, but not forgotten. :(

08-28-2010, 07:36 PM
yeah it lingers alright and it's a smell commonly associated with marijuana

08-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Funny, he told me "less teeth" years ago.Yeah he'll be missed all right.

08-28-2010, 08:47 PM
as my name states I will be removing who needs to be removed. careful what you say and do...

08-28-2010, 09:03 PM
I miss them both they always treated me fair. Working here now is like being on a date with a girl you don't really like. You screw and get away as fast as you can!

08-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Well "Guest" you get away as fast as you can, there's a line behind you.There's no one keeping you here.

08-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Pension won't transfer stuck in New Pill Richey

08-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Dear Wana get hired::::: YOu are crazy..

08-31-2010, 08:59 PM
To the last few posters ( I mean retired losers ) I know that you currently don't work here. The good ole boy, golf playing, big game dinner attending, cigar smoking bullshit is over with! Thankfully you all turned in your shit and are GONE! The department is much better off without you. Everyone knows that we will only get better under Chief JH. Remember Thursday night tiki bar pension fund scammers, you spent your entire career using the department for self gain, it's going to take some time to right the ship. In closing, FU!

09-01-2010, 12:59 AM
NPRBLUE.. nicely put.

09-05-2010, 05:43 AM
I want to play a little game. All those that have really crossed me have succumbed to their own demise. These hallways speak nothing of the old useless slapasses, so for your own peace of mind go fishing, have a beer, pick up your weed when you drop it, and do not ever let your family know what you really did while you were employed at this agency. The bottom line this agency will now be run like a professional place it should have been. I can respect loyalty but you guys are out of gas. Please be assured that no one talks about how great you thought you were. If I can forward it a little, people in this community are glad you are gone. No more favors can be called in and they do not need to be. Your group is out of date and has let this community go to the wolves in the wake of making yourselves look almighty. At some point you should keep your yaps shut and be glad to have walked away with what you have. The real crime here is that the community was snowed for years and never did anything about it. So for that they deserve what they get. We will now try and make things right by doing what a police department should do. You would be best advised to just lay low and not bring any more attention to yourselves. On a side note that reserve guy who wants to be hired because you think you are a real asset, keep dreaming ding-dong you are digging your own grave with your pompous attitude. Dancing hotdog you jackoffs, :devil:

09-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Whatever the problem....There is a solution. We can help ! For information or confidential assistance Call: The Employee Assistance Program 1-800-878-5470.
Jiggsaw, you should give 'em a call.

09-07-2010, 12:34 AM
I GOT A GAME FOR YA, LET'S PLAY ARMY, I'LL LAY DOWN, AND YOU CAN BLOW THE HELL OUT OF ME !! BAWAHAHAHAHA TRUST ME, THIS AIN'T NO DANCIN' HOTDOG ! :devil:
AND THIS ONE AIN'T NO HOTDOG EITHER, :devil: IT'S ME AFTER I JUST CHECKED THE AVAILABLE BALANCE IN MY RETIREMENT ACCOUNT :snicker:

09-07-2010, 03:45 AM
The pension fund has me very concerned. Can it ever grow with the heavy drain that is pulling at it now. Will this cost us in the future?

09-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Stop worrying,it has over 14 million dollars in it.Yeah we took are hits when it went down to 11 million a couple years ago, but it jumped right back up to 14 million again.
The pension is still nice,lets just all hope that when its our run to leave the same treatment with the overtime,city paid overtime details and ect. will be given to us in our last year like all the other people that retired have been given.
Just remember 70% of your best year/ out of your last three years is the one thats going to count.

09-08-2010, 12:54 AM
We can only hope the city manager wakes up and smells the coffee, while he's having his donuts on Saturdays, and realizes the drop needs to go just like the ones who use it to bleed this city dry. The days of the FAT RATS and legal thievery needs to end now. The drop keeps movement in this department more stagnant than the water in Walden Pond. I say do your twenty, and take your cantankerous arse on down the road. Think about it. The only reason it takes eight to ten years to see a Corporal position here is because the R.O.D.'s are allowed to stay for an extra six and a half years monitoring thier drop accounts. When you start bringing a newspaper, and a pair of slippers to work everyday, it's time go.
$tay $afe.

09-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Juan, are you referring to an MPO on days who should be spending his days doing nothing in his rocker instead of doing nothing in his Charger?