PDA

View Full Version : FOP

05-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Any word on the union? yes or no?

05-29-2010, 04:23 AM
Unions are destroying American and will destroy your police department. Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-16-2010, 07:41 PM
We need a Union at MGPD so the dumbass administration and city manager can start taking us serious. We're treated like kids and its time that it stops! It's not about asking for money.

07-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I hope people tighten up and stop having the attitude "well, they're not trying to jam me up today" or "its good here, why do you want to have a union and mess that up?" You might as well be saying "massa is a treatin' us good! he feed me, clothe me and let me even talk once in a while"....vote for the union already..ask cops in Georgia how they enjoy not having a union...

07-23-2010, 02:44 PM
I truly hope that the union vote passes. What scar me are those who think they will lose their positions if they vote yes. Half of the officers are in specialized areas because they suck up or kiss lots of butt. You have school board police in homicide and guys with no experience in investigations.

I write more tickets then you so your years of experience don't mean a thing! We even have guys transferred into the CET Unit who didn’t even interview for the position. Oh and if you cry loud enough and tell on other officers you might even get K9. You don't even need a working dog.

All your experienced guys are in the patrol level but they get looked over because they don’t run to the bosses and kiss their butts or their tickets are not 60 or 70 a month. Officers were even told by the city manager that tickets were more important then burglaries and robberies. All I can say is wow!

Now let’s talk about discipline. You receive a ROC for every little thing you do. If you miss a pre-file, lose a gas card, don’t turn your microphone on, don’t download your car camera, don’t write enough tickets or FIs, wear something that wasn’t issued on your belt, don’t complete one of your reports by the end of your shift, drive to fast, don’t wear your seat belt, get any citizen complaint etc…..

The union won’t change the world but it’s a step toward something more positive.

07-24-2010, 10:05 AM
You make some excellent points but Im affraid if I vote for a union they will demote me or worse, put me back on the street. I can't have that, what would I do if I had to work a night shift and miss dinner at home? I even heard I might have to give back my car and bonus. Oh, I'm frightened. Will someone hold me?

07-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Now that was funny but that is how these clowns are. I never saw so much tap dancing for master in my life. You can have 20+ years on the street and will get picked for the shit details while someone with a year on do whatever they like.

We must change our in experience leadership. Road Sgts that only act out when admin is around and don't have a clue how to be a cop yet alone a real man!

Now I hear paid overtime is being giving out so the city manager can talk us out of voting for the FOP. It's a shame but the weak will follow.

07-25-2010, 02:07 AM
You can be a lion or you can be a lamb. I'll take my OT and be at the meeting, but they won't be leading me to the slaughter house. I hope the FOP president resigns, that means we won the vote. Shame on him for saying if a union is voted in he will resign. Boys and girls, can you spell M O L E

07-28-2010, 08:20 AM
HEARD THE MEETING DANNY C., RENEE, AND THEIR FLUNKY PAUL M. WAS A WASTE OF TIME. ITS SAD THAT THEY RATHER DISH OUT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN OT THAN FOR US TO HAVE A CONTRACT.

07-29-2010, 12:12 AM
People please do not be stupid enough to fall for that BS the city manager had to say. Also those 2 supportive "detectives" that were in the room are full of you know what. Those of us that have a lot of yrs left need to do what we have to now to secure our future. It's pretty apparent that some of those not on patrol DO NOT want this.

07-29-2010, 03:11 AM
The city manager, Renee's fake smiling face and her lapdog Pauly must think that the average cop doesn't have any semblance of intelligence if they wanna sit here and say yadda yadda yadda...if you are the brass or city hall and hold all the cards, why sit there and have "meetings" with us about the vote? You must be nervous about something to take time out of working on your golf game to talk to us...if anyone can't see the transparency now, then get your eyes checked.

08-02-2010, 03:50 AM
The FOP or any union is better than none. As an FOP member for another department, let me tell you having a union to represent you in IA, a union attorney to show up and tell you that you aren't talking after a shooting, and a bargaining unit fighting for your raise and working conditions and promotions and all that stuff...the alternative is being an at-will employee in a profession where that can be very dangerous.

Every LEO should belong to a labor union and work under contract. Vacation, sick time, personal days being the least of it. Just wait till you slap a supervisor upside the head with a grievance under the terms of your contract because he retaliates against you for taking time off, for example. Especially an administrator. Watch the way they shrink. NOT SO TOUGH ANYMORE, HUH, GUYS?

The only thing keeping you employed now is the will of those in charge. You work for your city, not the Chief and his boys. Let them threaten you, schmooze you, beg you, it's all the same. Show them that united you stand, that if they f-u-c-k with one of you, they've done it to all of you. There will always be p-u-s-s-i-e-s who will run to the boss and rat you out. That's in the DNA and it will never change. Union is the way to go. I don't care if it's PBA or FOP or whatever. Just vote and do it and get the ball rolling. You have to play a lot of catch up.

08-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for a great post! Hopefully we can get enough of these guys out of the administration's ass and get it done.

08-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for a great post! Hopefully we can get enough of these guys out of the administration's ass and get it done.

I hope they do. You guys are a good department, and a lot of my friends work there and truly want to make a difference. Good luck, be safe, and look out for one another. Everything else is just B.S.

08-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Can't believe I work around so many pu55ies. 80+ members voted NO to the damn FOP. Meanwhile, only 60 something of the 130+ FOP members voted YES. F'in cowards!. "Oh I'm scared I'll loose my car" I hope the city manager leaves and we get some ****head new manager that hates cops and start taking away shit. Then you idiots will see.

08-05-2010, 12:12 AM
A bunch of idiots! There is no unity here at all. All these idiots care about is these cars who azz they can kiss to get appointed Det or one of these fake azz units. They will see and I don't want to hear shiittt!

08-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Can you loose a car or lose it??

08-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Can't believe I work around so many pu55ies. 80+ members voted NO to the darn FOP. Meanwhile, only 60 something of the 130+ FOP members voted YES. F'in cowards!. "Oh I'm scared I'll loose my car" I hope the city manager leaves and we get some stubborn person new manager that hates cops and start taking away shizzat. Then you idiots will see.

Well, if that's the case, then I suppose that the department's members will have to live with the results of the vote. You have to see the big picture, guys. If there is no contract, then there are no terms, and no parameters. Being scared to lose your car doesn't make sense because if you don't have a take-home police car program, in writing, they can still take your car. Or, even worse, they can take the car of an outspoken officer and try to send a message to the rest of the organization. They can single out those among you who have enough cojones to criticize the administration, for example, and change your shift without warning, without a bid, for no reason except to f-u-c-k with him or her.

Listen, these things happen in police departments with or without a union. The difference is, if you have a contract, you hammer them when they do these things. Police administrators are no less petty or crazy or whacked out in your organization than in any other. Also, you have to have a union president and delegates / representatives who are happy to fight for their members and understand that this career move may mean that a) you don't get to have golf with the chief and the major or b) get to swim in his pool or c) ride on his boat. Once you elect a union, beware of presidents and reps who become rrreeaaalll cozy with the people they are supposed to be kicking in the ass. Your union board has to consist of ballsy, outspoken, intelligent people who know how to be persistent and aren't afraid of the inevitable threats and harrassment and other cowardly tactics employed by those who are so threatened by organized workers.

I hope this helps. Don't be p-u-s-s-i-e-s. Organize. Get a contract. Tell them to take their f-u-c-king take home cars and cram them where the sun don't shine. Involve the media. Play rough hardball, knock their d-i-c-k in the dirt. Show them you aren't afraid, even if you are. You guys are cops for God's sake, remember. Grow a pair.

08-06-2010, 07:41 AM
First thing we need to do is get rid of the current FOP Prez..he's way too comfortable, has too many extracurricular activities and we never see him. I understand the point of catching more bees with honey..but at this stage of the department, we need someone who still has their balls..and not a flap of flesh where they used to be..patrol makes up majority of the department..so get a road cop who knows what's going on and not some dummy who's oblivious to the goings-on within the dept. How the hell can you have a prez who doesn't want a collective bargaining union and said if it passes..he will resign...get outta here with that..

08-06-2010, 02:29 PM
First thing we need to do is get rid of the current FOP Prez..he's way too comfortable, has too many extracurricular activities and we never see him. I understand the point of catching more bees with honey..but at this stage of the department, we need someone who still has their balls..and not a flap of flesh where they used to be..patrol makes up majority of the department..so get a road cop who knows what's going on and not some dummy who's oblivious to the goings-on within the dept. How the hell can you have a prez who doesn't want a collective bargaining union and said if it passes..he will resign...get outta here with that..Guest

Well we were all made aware that the president was being voted out and the board was being restructured so that wasn't the problem. You had knowledgeable guys who were ready to fight for the FOP.

What I see is to many people divided at this agency. You have the African Americans, Cubans and white men and women in the department all in there little clicks. All the Cubans decided they want the PBA so they decided to stick together and say no to the FOP because they didn't want there peers running the organization. They don't come to FOP meetings and will not get involved. Most of the white officers are in key positions and don't want to get kicked out of their sweet assignment including the current FOP president. The black guys seem like they are ready to fight but don’t know which way to go but then you have the ones who are pro FOP and others who going around voicing they opinion loudly why we shouldn't have a FOP, like they are trying to be heard by the administration so they can get a promotion or something.

There is no unity among the troops. Race should not have anything to do with a FOP vote! The department did a good job dividing the officers.

08-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks to all those sorry azz losers who voted no for the union. You all are a bunch cry babies who complained about the stuff that goes on around here, but then when it was time to voice ourselves we were divided. The city manager's office is laughing at us all the way to the bank. Can we say and spell c-o-n-t-r-o-l !!!

08-13-2010, 04:27 PM
First thing we need to do is get rid of the current FOP Prez..he's way too comfortable, has too many extracurricular activities and we never see him. I understand the point of catching more bees with honey..but at this stage of the department, we need someone who still has their balls..and not a flap of flesh where they used to be..patrol makes up majority of the department..so get a road cop who knows what's going on and not some dummy who's oblivious to the goings-on within the dept. How the hell can you have a prez who doesn't want a collective bargaining union and said if it passes..he will resign...get outta here with that..Guest

Well we were all made aware that the president was being voted out and the board was being restructured so that wasn't the problem. You had knowledgeable guys who were ready to fight for the FOP.

What I see is to many people divided at this agency. You have the African Americans, Cubans and white men and women in the department all in there little clicks. All the Cubans decided they want the PBA so they decided to stick together and say no to the FOP because they didn't want there peers running the organization. They don't come to FOP meetings and will not get involved. Most of the white officers are in key positions and don't want to get kicked out of their sweet assignment including the current FOP president. The black guys seem like they are ready to fight but don’t know which way to go but then you have the ones who are pro FOP and others who going around voicing they opinion loudly why we shouldn't have a FOP, like they are trying to be heard by the administration so they can get a promotion or something.

There is no unity among the troops. Race should not have anything to do with a FOP vote! The department did a good job dividing the officers.

What the hell are you talking about, I'm a cuban officer and no one told me to vote no or yes. Race has nothing to do with getting a union. You got some issues. I wish I knew who you are because I dont want you as my back up or zone partner.

08-15-2010, 05:39 PM
What the hell are you talking about, I'm a cuban officer and no one told me to vote no or yes. Race has nothing to do with getting a union. You got some issues. I wish I knew who you are because I dont want you as my back up or zone partner.

You are an idiot! You are way to dense to understand what was written! I love all races and colors but you can't say that about all of us on this job. Race was not the point but you are offended because you voted no. It hurts when it hits home.

Oh an by the way I do my job and if the shiizt hits the fan you will wish I was there! Oh yea Im Cuban also smarty!

08-15-2010, 06:00 PM
I dont work for MGPD, but wish I did your pay's pretty good. My agency change to IUPA as a Union and it has been great. If your brass is getting a Union too I suggest that you get different Unions one to represent Officers other to represent Brass. The PBA SUCKED ROYAL ASSteroids and was always draggin their feet. In todays crappy economy nobody's getting raises but it's about protecting your rights and having representation in case you get jammed up in an unjust IA, or people are promoted without following contract guidelines.

So good luck, we went from FOP to PBA to IUPA. You also need a Union rep that's no afraid of consequences, and has no desire to be promoted because that person will be on the poopy list with a bulls eye on their back.

08-15-2010, 09:51 PM

You are an idiot! You are way to dense to understand what was written! I love all races and colors but you can't say that about all of us on this job. Race was not the point but you are offended because you voted no. It hurts when it hits home.

Oh an by the way I do my job and if the shiizt hits the fan you will wish I was there! Oh yea Im Cuban also smarty!

You are an amazing person you must have some special powers, you dont know who I am and you can tell how I voted. Know I really want to know who you are.

08-16-2010, 02:29 AM
You are an amazing person you must have some special powers, you dont know who I am and you can tell how I voted. Know I really want to know who you are.

No I do not know how you voted but I do know the vote didn't pass. If I offended you I apologize because that is not who I am.

What I do know is by being divided we will never get anything done and I'm sure the admin is loving this. This next year will tell a lot. And I can't tell you who I am because we fight enough on here already. No need to fight at work also.

08-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Can't believe I work around so many pu55ies. 80+ members voted NO to the darn FOP. Meanwhile, only 60 something of the 130+ FOP members voted YES. F'in cowards!. "Oh I'm scared I'll loose my car" I hope the city manager leaves and we get some stubborn person new manager that hates cops and start taking away shizzat. Then you idiots will see.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

09-12-2010, 09:56 PM
LET ME BE VERY CLEAR:

For $300/year you can join the existing county PBA, get IA representation when needed, and get an attorney FREE for even your personnal matters such as divorce, tickets, bankruptcy, etc. The county PBA is the way to go. Anyone can join and get the same benefits without having to unionize your department. Organizing a union at MGPD would be a huge mistake! If you notice all of the previous posts in support of a union are angry posts with language designed to incite people to action based on anger and aggression. People who are true union supporters operate on scare tactics, anger, and are generally disgruntled people.

The minute your department goes union, it will never be the same. Unions operate through divide and conquer tactics. You will have in-fighting, anger, cliques, lies, and people who simply go along with a plan because the union says to. I am from a department with a strong union and it is miserable! You don't know who you can trust anymore because don't be fooled, the union lies and plays politics better than anyone.

Be your own person and make your own decision! I don't know about you but I don't like ANYONE making decisions for me.

09-15-2010, 10:39 PM
LET ME BE VERY CLEAR:

For $300/year you can join the existing county PBA, get IA representation when needed, and get an attorney FREE for even your personnal matters such as divorce, tickets, bankruptcy, etc. The county PBA is the way to go. Anyone can join and get the same benefits without having to unionize your department. Organizing a union at MGPD would be a huge mistake! If you notice all of the previous posts in support of a union are angry posts with language designed to incite people to action based on anger and aggression. People who are true union supporters operate on scare tactics, anger, and are generally disgruntled people.

The minute your department goes union, it will never be the same. Unions operate through divide and conquer tactics. You will have in-fighting, anger, cliques, lies, and people who simply go along with a plan because the union says to. I am from a department with a strong union and it is miserable! You don't know who you can trust anymore because don't be fooled, the union lies and plays politics better than anyone.

Be your own person and make your own decision! I don't know about you but I don't like ANYONE making decisions for me.

We have officers with the FOP and PBA for those purposes. We want a bargaining unit! With that bargaining unit we just want what we currently have in writing. We want nothing more and nothing less. And if your next comment is unions hold no weight then my next questions is, why such opposition? But I am done talking about this topic!

09-21-2010, 11:56 PM
A lot of people on here think that ALL the no votes was because the officers were "scared" of the city. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I know several who voted no because there was no confidence in the MGPD FOP lodge. The lodge is disorganized, mismanaged, and there is no confidence with officers that it couldn't handle collective bargaining. Lets face it most meetings include a handful of members and almost never includes all the officers. How can a lodge like that handle collective bargaining for the whole department?? On top of that members were walking around trying to use scare tactics just before the vote, making comments such as, "When you get fired for no reason don't come crying to us." Collective bargaining has nothing to do with that. There is the officers bill of rights, and there is legal representation at hearings for these things, not collective bargaining. I know we have an example of this in the department right now that shows this. I will finish by saying that if PBA or IUPA was on the ballot I would bet anything that the vote would have been different, I know I would have voted differently.

P.S. Do any of you see how this post was completed without name calling and scare tactics? Goes right along with the point I'm trying to make, I hope it's understood.

09-23-2010, 10:06 PM
I would like to congratulate all the nay-sayers on the collective bargaining agreement!! All the hard work you have attempted to do? All for nothing..you won't be getting a pay raise or COLA allowance this year...enjoy! And I already know what some will say..."be glad you have a job" or "if you don't like it, go back to your old department" and the like. Well now, they're hitting ALL of us in the pocket. Maybe this was inevitable, but at least with collective bargaining, we would have a couple cards left in our hand. What's next? Paying a monthly "rent" for our vehicles? Watch...its going down, and going down fast..

09-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Yup your right we didn't get the COLA or a merit increase, just like the majority of other Departments everywhere. Unfortunately collective bargaining wouldn't have changed that this year. Anyone who knows anything about collective bargaining will tell you that it takes on average 1-2 years to get an agreement in place and signed by all parties. So it wouldn't have changed anything for this year, and maybe next year also. Let me ask you though, has collective agreements helped the City of Miami, or the BSO, or a lot of other agencies that had them? The answer is obviously no, so why are we going to be so different?

To answer your question, Yes I'm very happy to have a job. I for one am happy where I work. I don't mind giving some back to the taxpayers when the times are bad. Its not going to help us one bit to force more people to lose their homes because of higher taxes. Thats lost revenue for the city, which translates to less money for us and could go to officers losing their jobs. Unfortunately we all know if that happens it wont be the dead wood that gets let go, its the good officers and would mean a lot more work for us all.

This is a time when everyone has to tighten their belts. I'm not so greedy that giving myself a raise displaces a family. When the economy recovers I know the city will do whats right and reward us. They have done us right till now, why wouldnt they again when things turn around.

If you want to talk about the wronging of the BS write-up etc, thats something different. Thats the Department, not the city.

09-26-2010, 02:58 AM
It's time to get the union going strong in here like it is up north.

It's time for the union brothers to join together and quit writing citations or making arrests unless it is done to a city official.
It's time to tell the administration to go eat a bag of crap.
It's time for the brown-nosers to kill themselves with a samurai sword.
It's time to tell the citizens to EFF OFF until they pay up or they can keep calling and we won't be responding.

All you scabs need to shut your big mouths or maybe some union "security" officers will visit you at home to teach you how it's done up north.

09-27-2010, 02:44 PM
WOW!!!

Your going to threaten your brothers and sisters, the citizens your sworn to protect, and the Department just because you didnt get a raise?? Because you cant get your way and have Collective Bargaining?? You have some real issues there brother, and please do come visit me at my house. Better yet you need to go see a professional about your rage and anger issues.

You should also read up on the laws of the State that you now work in. Florida is a non-union state. You can form a collective bargaining group, but you cant form a union. So no matter what you do, or how many times you bang your fists on the floor crying, you wont ever have a union here like up north. Unless you get the state legislation to change the law, maybe you should go visit them in their homes. You can stand outside and huff and puff and threaten to blow down their house!!!

09-28-2010, 06:09 AM
Yup your right we didn't get the COLA or a merit increase, just like the majority of other Departments everywhere. Unfortunately collective bargaining wouldn't have changed that this year. Anyone who knows anything about collective bargaining will tell you that it takes on average 1-2 years to get an agreement in place and signed by all parties. So it wouldn't have changed anything for this year, and maybe next year also. Let me ask you though, has collective agreements helped the City of Miami, or the BSO, or a lot of other agencies that had them? The answer is obviously no, so why are we going to be so different?

There is a stronger chance that something could have been done to keep the city on the level via having to declare a financial crisis, etc. The point is that we would have been able to do more with a union than we can now.

Remember the "anti-union" meeting a few months prior when we were lied to about the financial status of the city? What about the fact that there was a surplus of money they could tap in to? You anti-union guys bought into it. Look where it got us all. The anti-union sentiment within the department is due to selfishness and fear on part of the officers. You individually wanted everything you could get and were not willing to sacrifice a little to get things fairly balance across the board.

To answer your question, Yes I'm very happy to have a job.

This is a bad comparison. My ancestors were happy to "have a job" and were slaves. We took this job at this city because we thought it would be a progressive, organized department where we could actually do real police work and be rewarded for it. This place has beaten us down, destroyed our morale and now taken the one incentive we had left to work, increased salary.

I don't mind giving some back to the taxpayers when the times are bad. Its not going to help us one bit to force more people to lose their homes because of higher taxes. Thats lost revenue for the city, which translates to less money for us and could go to officers losing their jobs. Unfortunately we all know if that happens it wont be the dead wood that gets let go, its the good officers and would mean a lot more work for us all.

The average "tax payer" doesn't get shot at or deal with what we do. No one is asking for golden toilets or patrol Escalades to drive around in. We just want what we've worked hard for. To be promised something and have it taken away towards the end of the year is bad business. Everyone can agree with that.

Ever actually do any research into the salaries within the city? Specifically city hall? What about the expenditures? There's something wrong with city spending. There's very little tax base in the city and the writing's on the wall. If you think it's going to get better, you're sadly mistaken. Be prepared to have increasingly more and more taken away.

This is a time when everyone has to tighten their belts. I'm not so greedy that giving myself a raise displaces a family. When the economy recovers I know the city will do whats right and reward us. They have done us right till now, why wouldnt they again when things turn around.

So people are greedy because they expect to be rewarded for hard work. Okay.

I've noticed a trend that I highlighted earlier in every single one of your posts. You speak specifically about yourself. YOU may be happy, YOU may not count on raises, YOU may not be affected by salary issues, but there are many that are not happy, count on the raises and are affected by salary issues. It's not a department of YOU, it's a department of US.

Your faith in the city matters for squat in proof. It's silly to think that our pay would be retro'd 10 %. It would bankrupt the city. That's math.

Counters for the pre-programmed responses:

"Well, look at the other cities, they had this or that taken away."

Granted, however those places are not here. That's the point of working here and that was the point of coming here. People gave up quite a bit to come here with the promise of better things and to avoid those problems. The financial crisis of America has been going on long before CMG had a police department.

"Well if you're so unhappy, go work somewhere else."

Yes, because this TOTALLY solves the problem for the people who are still here. The overall point is to solve the problem before everyone leaves and/or productivity goes to an absolute stand still.

09-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Dont get me wrong im not saying everything is peachy keen and roses here, its not by a long shot. I too needed the raises and was counting on it. I just get by on what I make just like alot of officers do. If you had read my previous posts you would also see that Im for collective bargaining, (cant call it a union, those are illegal here in Florida). Im not so nieve to say that if it had been voted in in August we would have a raise now, that would never happen. It takes 1-2 yrs to hammer out an agreement, thats just the way it is. What I said in my previous posts is that myself and many other guys would have voted for a union if we had another choice than the FOP. This lodge is a joke, there is no leadership, or solidarity in it. How can this lodge be expected to get a collective bargaining agreement and keep it, when they cant even get enough people to a meeting to have an official meeting?? That includes the officers! This lofge doeas things wrong and against the by-laws all the time, but bring it to their attention and they call you a trouble maker. Yea thats who I want coming up with an agreement for my future! If the PBA had been on the ballot I would have voted for it in a heart beat, but Im not willing to bet my future on a lodge that hasnt done anything right yet. And Im not alone in that sentiment, there are alot of other guys that feel that way.

As a group we need to come together and help each other, band together. Coming on here and calling each other names, or threatening to come to a fellow officers house to beat him up isnt going to do that. We talk about this then turn around and call each other names, just like a bunch of 3yr olds.

09-29-2010, 06:47 PM
How can you say the lodge is a joke? If more officers supported the lodge it would be strong. Unity is the key. The PBA are outsiders who are not going to care or fight for more then what the county has. The purpose is for our officers to control their own destiny. How many meetings have you attended? I never saw so many people with so many excuses! How do you expect the FOP officers to care if you don’t care?

09-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Dont get me wrong im not saying everything is peachy keen and roses here, its not by a long shot. I too needed the raises and was counting on it. I just get by on what I make just like alot of officers do. If you had read my previous posts you would also see that Im for collective bargaining, (cant call it a union, those are illegal here in Florida). Im not so nieve to say that if it had been voted in in August we would have a raise now, that would never happen. It takes 1-2 yrs to hammer out an agreement, thats just the way it is. What I said in my previous posts is that myself and many other guys would have voted for a union if we had another choice than the FOP. This lodge is a joke, there is no leadership, or solidarity in it. How can this lodge be expected to get a collective bargaining agreement and keep it, when they cant even get enough people to a meeting to have an official meeting?? That includes the officers! This lofge doeas things wrong and against the by-laws all the time, but bring it to their attention and they call you a trouble maker. Yea thats who I want coming up with an agreement for my future! If the PBA had been on the ballot I would have voted for it in a heart beat, but Im not willing to bet my future on a lodge that hasnt done anything right yet. And Im not alone in that sentiment, there are alot of other guys that feel that way.

As a group we need to come together and help each other, band together. Coming on here and calling each other names, or threatening to come to a fellow officers house to beat him up isnt going to do that. We talk about this then turn around and call each other names, just like a bunch of 3yr olds.

Actually, voting for no union because it's not the particular bargaining collective you wanted is childish and selfish. It could always be changed after the fact and management could be changed via the elective process. It's even being done now as this is typed. Way to go. Your "me, me, me" attitude puts us further into this rut. FOP,PBA, Teamsters.... any of them could be used to start the process now.

12-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Unions are destroying American and will destroy your police department. Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey half a brain. Before police unions in Florida, you worked 6 days a week and were paid for 5. You didn't have the officer's bill of rights. No paid O T and you had 600 700 hours of comp time but never got to use it. No representation when I A questioned you for hours after hours. Your buying the crap unions hurt America when in fact work unions forming in the 30's ended the steady rise of the communist party which had been going on. Unions only get what the politicians sign off on. You want to blame someone, try the clowns at city/county/state office buildings.

12-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Hey half a brain. Before police unions in Florida, you worked 6 days a week and were paid for 5. You didn't have the officer's bill of rights. No paid O T and you had 600 700 hours of comp time but never got to use it. No representation when I A questioned you for hours after hours. Your buying the crap unions hurt America when in fact work unions forming in the 30's ended the steady rise of the communist party which had been going on. Unions only get what the politicians sign off on. You want to blame someone, try the clowns at city/county/state office buildings.

Thanks brother! We have to many kiss azz officers who think union bashing will get them in nice positions. Can you believe that the day before the vote you had officers walking around the PD and voicing loudly to everyone to not vote for the union. Both are detectives and both came from school board! I know it was hard at SB solving all those crimes and their talent was needed here in MG. Lol! But damn they act like they never had anything!

06-05-2011, 05:03 AM
My choice and your choice should be PBA I thought most of us is or was PBA? The manager or admin will control the FOP.

06-14-2011, 03:36 AM
I was down with the FOP until I saw individuals taking positions for their own political gain. The PBA should be the choice for the MGPD. No one hand is in the cookie jar! Also they know how things work in south Florida. No more pulling the wool over our eyes for IA and discipline hearings.

11-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Can't believe I work around so many pu55ies. 80+ members voted NO to the damn FOP. Meanwhile, only 60 something of the 130+ FOP members voted YES. F'in cowards!. "Oh I'm scared I'll loose my car" I hope the city manager leaves and we get some ****head new manager that hates cops and start taking away shit. Then you idiots will see.

That was a really big mistake guys at MGPD. I will make sure I tell the guys and girls I work with , if you ever question if you should stay with the MPD think twice . The best department in the country.