PDA

View Full Version : rest area

05-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Hey you Ag Guys...can't cover your rest area? You have not only your Sgt's covering but now a Captain? What's up?

05-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Well since it is obvious that you do not know what what you are talking about let me fill you in. Our Sgt's sign up for and work rest areas, they also cover for FHP as do Officers. The Capt is also covering for FHP. He claims that everyone has been called and that no one (Officer/Sgt) wanted it, at least that is what he claims. He is a greedy self serving SOB but I am inclined to believe him as our Officers are getting tired of not getting any rest areas shifts scheduled, yet are called at the last minute to cover a shift that a Trooper decided at the last minute he/she did not want to work. I for one will not do it anymore. If I cannot be scheduled for a shift in advance then I am sure not going to drop what I am doing at the last minute on my day off to run and cover a shift a Trooper put in for, got, and then either decided that he/she has to many or just does not want to work it. I know Troopers that put in for between for between 8 and 11 different rest areas and then picks and choose what they want trying to get rid of what they do not want, sometimes at the last minute. Some also get the opportunity to work other off duty at the last minute and want to get rid of the rest area. I understand the scheduling "process" that FHP has to go by for the rest areas, but if you cannot throw a dog a bone do not expect the dog to stand guard when you need to be away.

The "Trooper" comments are not directed towards all Troopers just a few.

05-05-2010, 12:49 PM
AG officers in the rest areqa? I thought the sign said "Patrolled by Law Enforcement"?

05-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Actually it says "Patrolled by Armed Security". Guess that is what you get for trying to be funny.

05-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Ag Officers are as much Law Enforcement as Glorified Meter maids.

05-05-2010, 03:03 PM
But I am still getting a paycheck. Na na na na na NA.

05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Okay...lets verify the words "you have called all resources"....since over on the north south side heard they are keeping you "meter maids" on a list of how many you are getting...are the sgts and capts kept on the list of how many they are assigned??? or get??? What's good for the "Fat Goose" should be good for the flock!