PDA

View Full Version : SGT TEST

04-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Why are we making special treatment for certain people to take the SGT test? The test was given last year or am I missing something. Nothing against the guy who took it. He would make a jam up supervisor but should have been last year. But fair is fair but was it fair to allow him to take a test he missed?

04-16-2010, 11:42 PM
He was on military duty when the test was administered last year. Soldier's Act. Good luck to him.

04-17-2010, 10:43 AM
He was not here a year ago. What is so hard to figure out here? Military duty for 6 plus years is not a deployment, it is a choice and one he voluntarily made. They were forced by law to rehire him but did not have to put another dime into his return but did. Now he gets to test over a year after everyone else is pure b$llsh!t. A agency who isn't promoting anyone until the new budget year and only maybe then is proving what? The same admin who breaks the FOP contract about pay and then what is next? I know, selective layoffs, why not? the sheriff has already broken the contract so what is to stop him from picking and choosing? So please don't say they have to because that also is b$llsh!t. It looks like they once again didn't have another way to flex their muscles to tell the rest of the deputies to stick it so they did.

04-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Wrong dep. the one that took the test went to boot and came back. the other been gone for long time.

04-18-2010, 02:32 AM
You guys are some crying ass pussies.....I really wish y'all would shut the **** up or quit.....

04-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Just quit. go to work for Sheriff David Moron. **** ugie

04-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Case law is clear ,there was a NYPD case a few years back ref police officers called to military service during the time of their promo process , The officers (service members reservist) challenged
under the federal USERRA act and won almost all got the promotion . Like it or not Uniformed services membership has some very special protections , if you are under 40 the gaurd and reserves are looking for You . And under USERRA our agency must give you time for basic ,and bridge all your time.

04-20-2010, 01:52 PM
It appears that somebody has a couple of deputies confused. RH took the promotions test never had a break in employment. He was on leave while he went to boot camp but he returned to work as soon as he was finished. He went into either the NG or reserves but never really left. EC resigned and was gone for 6 or 7 years was a re-hire. They gave him a higher radio number but he didn’t take the promotions test. RH took the test because he was at boot camp when the test was given last year. I don’t think him taking the test was the issue. In fact he could be a good supervisor. They got him and EC mixed up.

04-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks Robert for clearing that up.

04-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks Robert for clearing that up.

I just received a message that posts are being made on this website and my name is mentioned. To whomever said the above statement, for the record I have not been on this website to view it, much less post any comments
Therefore I have not cleared up anything except the fact I have not posted anything. I am in my office right now if you would like to talk. The conversation will between us. My numbers are I'm the cad, so call me

To the other posters thanks for the comments.

I'm typing this on my Droid phone and not on Sheriff's Office computers.

Thanks,

Robert Holster

04-22-2010, 03:40 PM
was there another test? i missed the 1st one, missed this one too. dam