PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Gangs

04-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Are they here?????

04-17-2010, 12:21 AM
I'll bring you your bicycle helmet so you don't miss the short bus.

04-17-2010, 12:47 AM
There has ben a lot hype about this but no one has to account for it. They want the people to believe it strictly because they say it is so, Like Daddy saying..."because I said so". There is a lot of youth violence, but to call it "gangs" as if it involved the Crips or Bloods is misleading. Most of this is kids who are wannabe's and the guys on the street in Patrol could answer this one if they wanted to do so.

04-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Try going to one of the numerous presentations on Gangs and you'll have a definitive answer. We have Bloods and numerous other defined and wannabe gangs. Both the FDLE and the ECSO are working together to fight these growing menaces in our community. The wannabes or hybrids are more dangerous than the nationally and internationally established gangs. Opinions are better supported by research. Do some and the answer is yes we have gangs.

04-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Thanks Davey1. I would not have figured that one out by myself. It also supports everything you have been pushing.. All you have to fear is fear itself.. So I guess if you get enough people afraid, they will rely on you to help them... Oldest trick in the book.

04-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Facts are facts. And there are advantages to the proper identification of gang members. Enhanced penalties. You can ignore established facts if you like. The sheriff, the gang unit, the FDLE and the public won't. Obviously you haven't even looked into what legally defines a gang member.

04-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Facts are facts. And there are advantages to the proper identification of gang members. Enhanced penalties. You can ignore established facts if you like. The sheriff, the gang unit, the FDLE and the public won't. Obviously you haven't even looked into what legally defines a gang member.
they start with homes where there is no consequences for your behavior , children want to know do you care enough to insist that i go by your rules, such as a seventeen year old out at 2:30 in the morning with a gun in his pocket. Where were the parents?

04-19-2010, 12:45 AM
So how many hundreds have we arrested so far with all this focus and grant money???????

04-19-2010, 02:48 AM
So how many hundreds have we arrested so far with all this focus and grant money???????
your answer is none ,zero.

04-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Sounds about right. Now that they have had a year to gather intelligence, assess their strengths, and find out how they operate what might the next step be??? As a citizen who hears about all of the buzz surrounding this trend, and what a threat they are to our safety etc etc etc, I am thinking sometime they are going to start dismantling this huge nationally influenced group. At some point there has to accountability and this reluctance to give details about these people seems to allow some sidestepping. This was a huge campaign issue from the current Sheriff, and I and others want to hear about the successes so far.

04-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Sounds about right. Now that they have had a year to gather intelligence, assess their strengths, and find out how they operate what might the next step be??? As a citizen who hears about all of the buzz surrounding this trend, and what a threat they are to our safety etc etc etc, I am thinking sometime they are going to start dismantling this huge nationally influenced group. At some point there has to accountability and this reluctance to give details about these people seems to allow some sidestepping. This was a huge campaign issue from the current Sheriff, and I and others want to hear about the successes so far.
Davey1 and davey2 have heard the talk about us tea party people and have in their minds we are a dangerous bunch of thugs .

04-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Facts are Facts??????????????????? Facts are easily explainable with examples and concrete explanations that anyone can understand. So far, this has been a lot of "cry, Wolf". The media is always wanting to hear for the public's sake, how the war on gangs is going. So far, the results (and that may require some kind of definition) are very thin. Chasing children down alleys because they "think" there is some gang involvement is going a little too far. A simple interview with some media with some question and answer exchange would go a long way to reinforcing the administrations position. It appears that making a statement to the media that doesn't allow for deeper background questions is being used to give the appearance of informing, but it doesn't work.

04-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Facts are Facts??????????????????? Facts are easily explainable with examples and concrete explanations that anyone can understand. So far, this has been a lot of "cry, Wolf". The media is always wanting to hear for the public's sake, how the war on gangs is going. So far, the results (and that may require some kind of definition) are very thin. Chasing children down alleys because they "think" there is some gang involvement is going a little too far. A simple interview with some media with some question and answer exchange would go a long way to reinforcing the administrations position. It appears that making a statement to the media that doesn't allow for deeper background questions is being used to give the appearance of informing, but it doesn't work.
this regime does not allow for "deeper background questions" on any subject, they might get off into morgans background on his law enforcement experience and that is taboo. :devil:

04-20-2010, 03:23 AM
There are many verified gang members that are arrested and come through our jail on a constant basis. Unfortunately, patrol officers regularly ignore their tattoos and don't take noticed that the guy they are arresting is a member of the Nazi Low Riders, Aryan Nation, Mexican Mafia, Outlaw Motorcycle Gang, etc, etc. The tattoos are usually right out in the open for everyone to see for those who look for them. Patrol officers need to realize that when they are stopping varified gang members they are stopping a whole different type of criminal. Most have been in the system not only since they could almost walk, but have extensively violent backgrounds and have no problem mixing it up with the police.
I have to agree that not much is being done with the information, but saying that we don't have more than our fair share of gang members is truely a stupid comment to make. If you have any doubt go and take a look at Sgt Vinson's gang file. You would be amazed at all of the varified gang members that have been documented here in Escambia County over the last several years which represent just about every national gang. Escambia County is far from experiencing the same problems as California (thank God), hopefully we can start using this information more wisely and help prevent a major problem before it happens.

04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
With I-10 passing through the county there are probably a number of stop-over gangs as they travel through and may get arrested. But how many are regular residents or visitors here in NW Florida???

07-19-2010, 04:04 AM
I guess since the oil came ashore, the gangs went underground? Since we did that BIG bust over on Green st, it took care of our BIG gang problem in Escambia County? Those poor kids over there trying to make a buck got hauled in just so our Sheriff could get a little face time with the Media. How many of these kids were charged with the gang statue? If you think no one is keeping track of the court proceedings, you're wrong. Let's see if your Media bites add up to the charges and convictions. You've been done again by your own people.

07-19-2010, 04:55 AM
You sound like Ronnie Mac who expressed sympathy with the hurt feelings of family members if we were to arrest dealers in Century. Poor kids trying to make a buck? They were crack dealers. And they are in jail with no bond. Nobody said that one operation would solve either the gangs or drugs problem. Pay attention to this: David Morgan is doing a good job and is a popular sheriff with the voters. Ronnie, is that you???

07-19-2010, 10:58 AM
You sound like Ronnie Mac who expressed sympathy with the hurt feelings of family members if we were to arrest dealers in Century. Poor kids trying to make a buck? They were crack dealers. And they are in jail with no bond. Nobody said that one operation would solve either the gangs or drugs problem. Pay attention to this: David Morgan is doing a good job and is a popular sheriff with the voters. Ronnie, is that you???
No this is not rm, but please tell me what voters you are talking to , the majority of people A.K.A. voters think he is an idiot who lies.

07-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Hmmm. That's the same thing you said last election Ronnie. Did they count the votes wrong? Maybe just all the people who think like you didn't vote?

09-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Where are all these Gang Members we had? Seems they've all left town due to the new Sheriff. We are sure he really thinks that way. What happen to that street crimes unit we were going to have? It seems it left town too. Is there anyone here that will take the ball and run with it for Thelbert. Maybe he can give Craig arrest powers so he can go out and arrest all these Gang Members he told Thelbert about. Both of them aren't worth the air they use up. Make sure you let everyone that you run into know what Morons these two are. If it wasn't for name tags and ID badges, no one would know either of them. Festus and Forest Gump, I'll let you figure out which is which.

09-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Where are all these Gang Members we had? Seems they've all left town due to the new Sheriff. We are sure he really thinks that way. What happen to that street crimes unit we were going to have? It seems it left town too. Is there anyone here that will take the ball and run with it for Thelbert. Maybe he can give Craig arrest powers so he can go out and arrest all these Gang Members he told Thelbert about. Both of them aren't worth the air they use up. Make sure you let everyone that you run into know what Morons these two are. If it wasn't for name tags and ID badges, no one would know either of them. Festus and Forest Gump, I'll let you figure out which is which.

Mr. JUMP, I take offense to your post. I'm from the era of Gunsmoke and I use to watch it on my old black and white every Saturday night. I believe I didn't miss a single episode. Many of them had Festus in them. Out of ALL those episode I never saw one they Festus acted as ignorant as either Moron or Davey2. I beg you to apologize for this insult to the late Ken Curtis who play Festus Haggan, Marshal Dillon's number one deputy.

09-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Matt, I am truly sorry for the comparison. I will see if I can find someone else to compare these idiots to next time. If you have any ideas, feel free to list them. Thanks for keeping me in line.

09-03-2010, 10:33 AM
It's quite obvious that you aren't a deputy, and if you are you're a very stupid and uninformed one. Gangs, as defined by the State of Florida and FDLE are here. You'll actually have to move your cruiser from underneath that tree and get your lazy ass out on patrol but I bet you could find them. Then again, some of the deputies working here are extremely stupid and you seem to be one of them. So you might not know what you're looking for. Just take a look at YouTube. The gang members are all to proud of what they do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmyzPFHazwIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1juX5rcnLM Now why don't you show some pride in your work and start putting some of these thugs in jail. Yeah, I've run the stats on some of you and...well...pathetic is the only word I can come up with. To those of you hitting the streets hard everyday. Thank you!
As far as the Street Crimes Unit goes...did you read your email this week?

09-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Matt, I am truly sorry for the comparison. I will see if I can find someone else to compare these idiots to next time. If you have any ideas, feel free to list them. Thanks for keeping me in line.

Well JUMP since you saw your error in judgment and ask for a suggestion, may I suggest since moron was in the military and never a REAL COP, I can think of only one comparison to describe him, Gomer Pyle. A constant goof up, but things always by coincidence, seem to work out in his favor. This will be only a slight insult to Jim Nabors who played "Gomer" because even he would have to admit his character was a complete buffoon.

09-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Fetus and Gomer are going over next week and clean up Mayfair, nothing like telling them when you will be there , be nothing choir boys in the hood.

09-04-2010, 08:10 AM
5%er, you must have gotten offended by my post? If so, you can only be one of two people. That would be Gomer [Morgan] himself or the weekend Lakeview client[ Craig]. Neither of you can stay off the blogs and neither of you can make a decision without the other. We want you two to keep supporting each other. If either of you think once you're gone in 2012 that you can call up here and get anyone to talk to you, you're worse off than we think. We will all help the two of you pack and make it to the car. Enjoy the ride while you can.

09-04-2010, 10:01 AM
5%er, you must have gotten offended by my post? If so, you can only be one of two people. That would be Gomer [Morgan] himself or the weekend Lakeview client[ Craig]. Neither of you can stay off the blogs and neither of you can make a decision without the other. We want you two to keep supporting each other. If either of you think once you're gone in 2012 that you can call up here and get anyone to talk to you, you're worse off than we think. We will all help the two of you pack and make it to the car. Enjoy the ride while you can.
Shows how much you know. I'm actually a working deputy and I'm on that "Street Crimes Unit" you didn't know we had. I'll still be here long after Morgan is gone and I'll still be calling out lazy deputies like you.

09-05-2010, 05:21 AM
Ok Scott, let's see the whole two of you go out and get them. Please take Craig along for the ride so he can film it. We need some of those made up video's to admire anyway. I think the green st boys are still out in force. Maybe you two can start there.

09-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Ok Scott, let's see the whole two of you go out and get them. Please take Craig along for the ride so he can film it. We need some of those made up video's to admire anyway. I think the green st boys are still out in force. Maybe you two can start there.
Ha Ha! This post screams that the poster is to lazy and/or scared to go out and "get them".