PDA

View Full Version : c20 sups on call???

04-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Just heard sups in c20 will be on unpaid on call. I know it ain't kosher -they did it before before RAB got hamBURGERED.
Rules are clear if the powers that be put you on call they gots to pay ya. NOW is anybody gonna grieve????

04-07-2010, 11:13 PM
I doubt they are " On Call" All Sups and Officers with a cell phone issued must have the phone on during non working hours. They are not required to answer.

CPT Aubrey
04-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Stupid, isn't that all part of the new PROTECH stuff?

04-07-2010, 11:41 PM
This is an abuse of power and PBA needs to contact who made this decision. How can you make a supervisor do "on call" and not pay them. This is illegal and violates the CBA! :cop:

CPT Aubrey
04-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Desmond? You gotta be kidding.

There's a string below about PROTEC staff monitoring probation staff that will provide an interesting perspective.

Even so, current on call staff make what? $1 an hour extra. These are the guys that work for the supervisors. And the supervisors not only are *****ing about not being paid, but they expect the union to interceed?

Oh, man. What's wrong with this picture?

04-08-2010, 07:29 PM
If you are doing any work and I mean any, you must receive compensation because someone is telling you to perform a department function on your time. Sup's should be paid at the same rate as GPS on call if they are forced to do on-call. Supervisors have just as much rights as officer's as well as CBA protection! It's not like they are overpaid and/or underworked! :cop:

04-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I doubt they are " On Call" All Sups and Officers with a cell phone issued must have the phone on during non working hours. They are not required to answer.

No not protec. List of Sups telephone numbers are provided to local work camp for emergency after hours calls. They will also get a sup schedule so they know which sup is on duty.

04-12-2010, 01:14 AM
That is different. If I'm expected to be "On duty" even for emergency calls from the work release center, then I'm subject to on call pay. Someone should fight that. That is what the CA's get the big money for. Sups are career service and not SES. They are expected to be compensated if they are subject to call in any kind of rotation. I would definately fight that. Region would cave at the first complaint. CAll tree or not.