PDA

View Full Version : NO! You've been a bad, bad cop.

04-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Posted to the blog of a PNJ writer
Posted 4/1/2010 4:00 PM EDT on pnj.com Prod

NO!. You've been a bad, bad cop.

Sometimes before I head to the office, I travel to a coffee place near the Cordova Mall for a caffeinated shot in the arm. As I cruised down the highway toward the PNJ office in downtown Pensacola, an Escambia County Sheriff's Office cruiser blew past me. I checked my speedometer. I was going 64 mph, nine miles over the posted speed limit (sorry). My layman's estimate puts the police cruiser's speed somewhere in the 70-80 mph range.

We've all seen this before. No flashing lights. No siren. Just a deputy or officer in a great hurry.
I thought nothing of it. I sipped my coffee and enjoyed the cool spring breeze through my hair.

As I rounded the off-ramp that leads to Garden Street I came up behind the deputy at the left-turn lane that leads to Tarragona Street, I watched the deputy blast through the a red light. Then I saw him or her run a stop sign a few blocks later, all with the flashing lights switched to off. If there's no emergency, then why the rush?

When we see this sort of behavior from our law enforcement officials, is it wrong for us to point it out? Shouldn't we expect more from people given a great deal of responsibility and the charge up upholding our laws?

I think so. Of course, I couldn't get close enough to the cruiser to get a look at the deputy or to write down the car number. I made all my stops.

04-01-2010, 09:52 PM
not shocking! hell our "golden boy" wrecked another cruiser and i hear he was flying when he hit the guy turning in front of him. i'm sorry, why should the guy turning get a ticket when "golden boy" was speeding, no lights/siren AND no seatbelt. why didn't he get a seatbelt ticket? "golden boy" slips by again

04-01-2010, 11:28 PM
This point has been argued many times before, but I'll run it down again.

There are many calls that require a quick response; however, responding with lights and sirens on presents several dangers. Many of the driving public do not know how to properly respond when an emergency vehicle approaches them. Some pull to the right, some to the left, some stop in their lane, some do nothing. I have personally witnessed accidents caused by this.

Point is, there are many calls that require a quick response, but do not jsutify the added risk of responding with lights and sirens.

Instead, officers "split the difference" if you will. They respond quickly, not as fast as they could with their lights on, but also not risking being the CAUSE of an accident.

It is a fine line. I urge you to come participate in a ride along and you will understand better after seeing it from both sides.

04-01-2010, 11:50 PM
What a crock---Since when do deputies run to so called emergencies deep inside the City Limits?

04-02-2010, 01:13 AM
What a crock---Since when do deputies run to so called emergencies deep inside the City Limits?
That **** and bull story wont fly, you can always use your blue lights to at least let the citizens know you are coming. to the poster maybe the reason he was in the city is his girlfriend may work down there.

04-02-2010, 02:44 AM
was it Cassidy going to the court house ?

04-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Don't think it was Cassidy cause they don't drive take home cars. Did find out that he did get a seatbelt ticket. Asked why he didn't get one for speeding when NOT responding and trooper said because both driver's contributed to crash and equally at fault. He said the trooper that run the call wrote both drivers a seatbelt ticket because of "zero tolerance". He gets away with EVERYTHING, but his luck will rn out. Keep him at courthouse.

04-02-2010, 03:20 AM
As far as lights,siren goes I would rather not use them,beleive it or not it seems to be safer.You see most drivers will either stop dead in their tracks or will merge to their left when a crusier comes up behind them.As far as the deputy going into the city limits,maybe he/she was responding to help a city officer,or who knows.I think it is a shame that everything we as lawenforcement do,say is judge so negative by the public and that their trust with LEO has been lost and yes we have played a roll in that,just read the paper.I would like to ask the public not to judge all of us by a few and to only judge us on a one on one,I think you will see more good deputies than bad,as a matter of fact im sure.And to all the people that come up to us and thank us and tell us what a good job we do,thank you.

04-02-2010, 03:37 AM
Why should you expect the public to be positive about law enforcement when those in law enforcement are so negative and hateful to each other? Read this blog. Nothing but hatefule comments and lies posted by fellow law enforcement brothers against each other. I also think there are more good officers than bad but you are your own worst enemy. If you don't respect each other you can't possibly expect the public to.

04-02-2010, 05:50 AM

How do you know the Officer was not responding to a bank robbery in the city. Both PPD and the SO respond to all Bank Robberies in the city or county together. They have a joint bank robbery agreement.

With the way the city is laid out I have personally run through the city to get to Warrington from Bayou and 9th many times. The same goes with the city.

Did you know that the golf course off Mobile Highway is the responsibility of the PPD. I have seen them running there many times through the county.

You just don't know so until you do please don't accuse some Officer of doing something wrong.

Granted we have some that abuse this but they are few. I had an Officer blow my doors off one night and I called dispatch on the phone and found out there were no hot calls anywhere and this Officer wasn't on duty so we had a nice chat in my office the next day.

04-02-2010, 12:38 PM
we think because of the lack of knowledge of this sheriff and his bunch of arrogant people he surrounds himself with the voters are going to have a chat with him at the ballot box.

04-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Unless you are operating an emergency vehicle you are subject to the same requirements as anyone else. I knew an officer who was challenged for using only lights and not siren when in front of Sacred Heart Hospital. His defense was that he would have disturbed the patients in the hospital. Read up on the defintion of an emergency vehicle.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/Flo ... emier.aspx (http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/Florida-Criminal-Justice-Executive-Institute/Docs/Lenemier.aspx)

04-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Unless you are operating an emergency vehicle you are subject to the same requirements as anyone else. I knew an officer who was challenged for using only lights and not siren when in front of Sacred Heart Hospital. His defense was that he would have disturbed the patients in the hospital. Read up on the defintion of an emergency vehicle.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/Flo ... emier.aspx (http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/Florida-Criminal-Justice-Executive-Institute/Docs/Lenemier.aspx)

We all know what the statute says but do you know what trumps the statute, its called CASE LAW. Statutes are written but do not necessarily cover every aspect of every situation. This is were Case Law fine tunes the Statutes. You won't find that in the written Statutes until the Florida Legislature decides to update the Statutes.

04-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I have taken many classes at George Stone and everytime this one deputy's name gets brought up in a bad way. People actually say they hate these person. Then when I was reading this post his name gets brought up again in a bad way. Then just last night I heard he was at a party drunk and pushing women around and telling everyone to f off. I think people call himethe Golden Boy. or J.C. I agree with whoever said "keep him at the court house" or maybe they will get tired of him making the department look bad and let him go.

06-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Why should you expect the public to be positive about law enforcement when those in law enforcement are so negative and hateful to each other? Read this blog. Nothing but hatefule comments and lies posted by fellow law enforcement brothers against each other. I also think there are more good officers than bad but you are your own worst enemy. If you don't respect each other you can't possibly expect the public to.

Why should we respect our fellow deputies when ones, such as golden boy, have unruly behavior in AND out of work? One would think a person who takes on such a responsible role in the community as being a cop would take on a responsible role- period. Maybe the job training and Career Qualifications should be altered.

06-04-2010, 01:37 AM
everyone should weed there own garden before pulling "golden boys" weeds, besides pretty sure none of you boys have the balls to say any of this to "goldenboys" face.... look at his record he likes a good fight...obviously.... :lol:

06-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that Jc just wrote his own post. You might be big but you are not as bada$$ as you think. Grow up, get your stuff together, stay off this site and be mature. That goes for everyone else too.

06-08-2010, 03:13 PM
everyone should weed there own garden before pulling "golden boys" weeds, besides pretty sure none of you boys have the balls to say any of this to "goldenboys" face.... look at his record he likes a good fight...obviously.... :lol:

Exactly- look at your record. Point proven. Fire him and let his big shot daddy or sue ellen get him out of that one