PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy

03-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Brother,

Thanks for the courtesy last night at 301 and Kossick (sp). Was tired and not paying attention.

TPD

03-24-2010, 01:29 PM
You gotta love that professional courtesy. If this was Joe Smith who was working two jobs to support his family, too bad he wouldn't be afforded the same courtesy.

03-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Well then, Joe should have been a cop!

03-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, if everyone became a cop then we wouldn't need too many cops - smarta$$

If you break the law, then everyone no matter what their profession is should be treated equally.

03-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Well, if everyone became a cop then we wouldn't need too many cops - smarta$$

If you break the law, then everyone no matter what their profession is should be treated equally.

Cops give more warnings for speeding than citations by far...and I'm talking about giving civilians warnings more often than not. How about we give all citizens all the citations we can dream up every time we see the tiniest little infraction? PLEASE take away my discretion...a couple of cops will get tickets now and then but thousands of more citizens will get nitpicky citations they normally would get warned for.

03-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Isn't it true by the time you've gotten out of your car you already know if you will probably give a warning or a citation?

03-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Isn't it true by the time you've gotten out of your car you already know if you will probably give a warning or a citation?

Not only NO but hell NO. Sometimes there are reasons for bad driving...but not excuses. Gotta learn their driving history etc unless it is really really a heinous infraction. Otherwise, there are many factors to take into account. Anyone who makes their decision about whether or not to write a citation before talking to the driver is a moron. Only a person of subpar intellect operates like a robot and doesn't take into account other factors. Those twits can be replaced by red-light cameras.

03-25-2010, 12:08 PM
That sort of takes you into a job description of a judge then?????

03-25-2010, 01:29 PM
I get a feeling that sometimes officers since they are officers, judge and jury. They sometimes need to be reminded that they are there to enforce the laws and not make the laws and they need to be enforced as they are written not the way they feel like interpruting them on any given day. They get real offended if the State Attorney's Office changes there charge but that's the right given to that office. There just one piece to the puzzle not the whole dang puzzle.

03-25-2010, 05:28 PM
I get a feeling that sometimes officers since they are officers, judge and jury. They sometimes need to be reminded that they are there to enforce the laws and not make the laws and they need to be enforced as they are written not the way they feel like interpruting them on any given day. They get real offended if the State Attorney's Office changes there charge but that's the right given to that office. There just one piece to the puzzle not the whole dang puzzle.

On a traffic/civil infraction the officer represents the state in at trial, so if we do not feel like writing the citation (prosecuting) we do not have to. If you want the same professional courtesy we usually give other LEO's go to the police academy and become a law enforcement officer.

03-25-2010, 05:36 PM
No thanks about going through the academy. I like to make more then $40,000 a year.

03-26-2010, 10:44 PM
No thanks about going through the academy. I like to make more then $40,000 a year.

Good, we like to have partners with common sense anyways.

03-27-2010, 02:14 AM

Good, we like to have partners with common sense anyways.

I think we can rule out common sense in this department -- LOL

03-31-2010, 01:40 AM
I do not work for ZPD, however, I work for a LE agency within Pasco County and have friends at ZPD. I was just checking out the ZPD page to see what was new with the agency and if anything had changed on this site.

Who is this Guest????????

This guy or gal doesn't work in LE and obviously does not have a life, because he or she is constantly talking trash about cops on this site!!

A word to Guest: You have no idea what is like to have a passion for providing public safety for your community, as passion that is so strong it leads you into a career that pays little (as you state) and puts your life on the line everyday and night when that you pin the badge on your chest. You seem as though you may be disgruntled, you seem to have some knowledge of LE which leads me to believe that perhaps you at one time had an interest in LE, but screwed up along the way and prevented yourself from ever getting into LE. Troopers are trained in the Academy to decide whether or not they are going to write a citation for the driver before making contact with same. This is simply for profiling purposes and provides a defense if a civil case were to arise.

Your attitude has a lot to do with whether or not you receive a citation for the infraction you have committed. If you are kind and receptive to verbal counseling/ warning and appear to have been sincerely remorseful for your unlawful behavior the warning shall suffice. If your attitude is negative and you decide to argue and create excuses for your infraction, clearly you are not remorseful, therefore, are much more likely to become a habitual traffic offender.

You have no idea...... Your probably the guy Brad Paisley talks about in his song "So much cooler online"!!! LMAO!!!

To all my brothers/ sisters at ZPD, Stay safe out there!!!

03-31-2010, 03:21 AM
I never wanted to be a police officer, but you're correct, I do have knowledge in this field because I'm involved in this field just not as an officer.

I do have a life as if it's any of your business to begin with nor am I disgruntled about anything as you so readily stated.

I don't recall any laws or statutes that read,""this applies to everyone but law enforcement personnel "so when you provide this "professional courtesy" you are in fact bending the law. I don't expect this to change, but I'm just stating my opinion.

Yes, I fully understand what you mean when you describe how it feels to pin on your badge, etc. It's called passion and drive and other professions, not just yours, have the same passion and drive just like I do in my own profession.

03-31-2010, 03:41 AM
I never wanted to be a police officer, but you're correct, I do have knowledge in this field because I'm involved in this field just not as an officer.

I do have a life as if it's any of your business to begin with nor am I disgruntled about anything as you so readily stated.

I don't recall any laws or statutes that read,""this applies to everyone but law enforcement personnel "so when you provide this "professional courtesy" you are in fact bending the law. I don't expect this to change, but I'm just stating my opinion.

Yes, I fully understand what you mean when you describe how it feels to pin on your badge, etc. It's called passion and drive and other professions, not just yours, have the same passion and drive just like I do in my own profession.

You're an idiot. Plain and simple. There are no laws being "bent" when an officer decides to not issue a traffic citation a fellow law enforcement officer. The law gives us discretion on choosing to write a citation, whether it be because it was a fellow LEO, a middle aged person with an excellent driving record, or maybe just not feeling like issuing a citation.

Why don't you name your profession, go to a website intended for your line of work and quit posting things on topics that you do now know everything about.

03-31-2010, 11:31 AM
Let's resort to name calling because that's the mature thing to do, right there buddy???

I'll remember your "discretion" when you are throwing a fight when my office decides to drop or lower your charges. Man, that must be a hard pill to swallow when that happens, but that's our "discretion".

04-06-2010, 07:58 PM

Then why do you spend you life trolling on cop electronic bulletin boards?

Yes, dork, we have only a few benefits for taking this profession. One is that we dont write each other tickets unless we are in an accident. Its called integrity. I would not expect you (a civilian by your own admission) to understand what the "brotherhood" is all about.

I doubt you have ever stood in the hot sun for 2 hours waiting for a group of officers to carrry one of their own out in a coffin. I have done it 7 times from just my agency.

I doubt you know what its like to watch a fellow officer bleed from a gunshot wound and watch his blodd flow down the steet.

I doubt you will know what it feels like to hold a child that has been beaten with an extension cord or a wire hanger.

I doubt you will ever understand us.

So please, with all the respect I can muster for you.....go somewhere else and write your drivel.......until your man enough to put on a badge and gun....SAD!

04-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Actually, I've been to numerous military funerals and seen families who all they have left of their loved ones are bits and pieces. So please stop your holier then thou attitude.

You chose this field, no one forced you into it. You're not anymore special then anyone else just because you carry a gun and wear a badge, so please get over yourself.

If you want to give yourself the little perk of not writing your "brother/sister" a ticket for speeding when the law was broken, have at it, because with everything your profession is losing and going to lose in the future, you're going to need all the perks you can get.

Nothing makes my skin crawl more then listening to a cop justify his actions with. "well, I carry a gun and wear a badge." So what???? All it takes is going through the academy, heck you don't even need a high school diploma to be the Chief in this department. Any John Doe could become a cop if THEY wanted to, it's nothing special. You don't have to possess anything amazing or require a higher degree of education. Basically all you need to know how to do is to shoot a gun, WOW what an accomplishment.

Signed,

Jane Doe

04-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Are you stupid or just an idiot? You don't think you need to be a special person to be a leo? Could you do what they do on a daily basis? I think its a little more than just carrying gun.

Don't you realize you just insulted every fallen police officer, every officer and everyone's family. I wouldn't want their job. You see 20 years ago I thought about being a leo and I realized it wasn't for me. It takes more than a piece of paper or college to be a leo. There are plenty of college educated people that can't hack it in the real world. They don't even have enough sense to get out of the rain. But to be a leo you have to be a special person to deal with ungrateful citizens, drug dealers, and people you just want to beat the crap out of.

You must be very young to assume these things. I hope one day you open your eyes to the real world.

04-07-2010, 02:15 AM
You don't know a thing about me so why don't you stop with the immature name calling bit, alright?

04-07-2010, 02:43 AM
Are you stupid or just an idiot? You don't think you need to be a special person to be a leo? Could you do what they do on a daily basis? I think its a little more than just carrying gun.
Don't you realize you just insulted every fallen police officer, every officer and everyone's family. I wouldn't want their job. You see 20 years ago I thought about being a leo and I realized it wasn't for me. It takes more than a piece of paper or college to be a leo. There are plenty of college educated people that can't hack it in the real world. They don't even have enough sense to get out of the rain. But to be a leo you have to be a special person to deal with ungrateful citizens, drug dealers, and people you just want to beat the crap out of.
You must be very young to assume these things. I hope one day you open your eyes to the real world.

I live in the real world and no I'm not that young.

It should of came to no surprise to any officer that before they went into this field that they would be dealing with all the people that you described in your above post. It's kind of a given.

I'm going to have to disagree with you about officers being special people. There job is of importance but they are not any more important then a teacher, plumber, mechanic, etc. It takes all the jobs/professions to make the world go around. No, I don't think they are superior to any other profession. It just takes a GED and going through an academy to become a police officer, we're not talking rocket science here. If you can make it through the academy and shoot a weapon then you're pretty much qualified to become an officer, if you so wish.

I will further disagree with your assessment of me insulting fallen officers, present officers and family of officers just because I disagree with professional courtesy and feel that they are not "special" people.

Do you know what having a college degree basically shows? It shows you are trainable. You've done your time and you've earned that degree. Yes, there are stupid people with college degrees, but in the profession of law enforcement, mainly patrol officers, a college degree is still not required at some departments. This is changing, some departments want their patrol officers to be educated, but you can still get a job as a LEO at departments without degrees.

Now, try getting a job as a teacher, pharamacist, doctor, lawyer, etc without a degree and see how far you can get. Are these professions not as important as the law enforcement profession? Aren't these people "special" people too? Without a teacher who's going to educate your children? Have you've been in a classroom lately? It's like a battleground in there. Without a pharamacist, who's going to fill your medicines? Without a doctor, who are you going to go to when you're sick? Have you've seen what medical malpractice insurance costs nowadays? Without attorneys (hold the lawyer jokes) who are you going to go to when you need legal advise?

My whole point is to show that the LEO profession is not of any more importance then any other profession and any courtesy that is extended to them should be extended to all professions. I didn't realize that laws were written to exclude LEO. If you break the law, speeding is breaking the law otherwise there wouldn't be tickets issued, then everyone no matter their profession should be extended the same courtesy.

04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
What if the courtesy is offered to you one day for speeding, will you turn it down? I was given a warning for speeding many years ago. No I didn't know the officer. But she gave me the courtesy. Was she wrong?

04-07-2010, 03:24 PM
If you're going to extend courtesy on just profession alone, not circumstantial evidence, then you need to extend that courtesy to all professions, not just the law enforcement ones. This is my whole point.

04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
You never answered the question. Would you turn down the warning?

04-08-2010, 02:42 AM
Honestly, I don't know. I've never been stopped for speeding.

04-09-2010, 05:12 AM
I would suggest that if you ever get robbed or burglarized you come back and tell us how good the plumber or mechanic did at catching the bad guy.

04-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Alright Clem, if you should ever get shot or hurt, have one of your "brothers" fix you up instead of running to a doctor or an emergency room and let me know how that worked for you. Or the next time your cruiser breaks down, why don't you jump right in and fix it yourself instead of taking it to the yard for one of the mechanics to fix. You're job depends on other people to do theirs too. You need other professions to assist you when you get hurt, your car breaks down, etc. You're profession is not superior to other professions.

04-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Alright Clem, if you should ever get shot or hurt, have one of your "brothers" fix you up instead of running to a doctor or an emergency room and let me know how that worked for you. Or the next time your cruiser breaks down, why don't you jump right in and fix it yourself instead of taking it to the yard for one of the mechanics to fix. You're job depends on other people to do theirs too. You need other professions to assist you when you get hurt, your car breaks down, etc. You're profession is not superior to other professions.

I think the attorney has a chip on her shoulder. What do you think?

04-10-2010, 01:25 AM
What makes you think the poster is a she or an attorney?

04-10-2010, 01:52 AM
Has to get the last word in, and doesn't give in.

04-10-2010, 01:21 PM

That description could also fit an officer as well.

04-11-2010, 06:23 PM

I've found that men who complain about strong women, are either: 1) weak themselves and/or 2) their male anatomy is on the pequeno side.

So, for all you boys out there that complain about strong women who you perceive as having to get the last word in and/or doesn't give up, if you're also a daddy to a daughter/daughters, you wouldn't want your daughter/daughters to have a man who exhibits both or even one of the two above. Neither of the above is much fun to a woman.

And to my very special Officer (you know who you are :wink: ) you fall into the second category above. Lesson to all you men out there, just because you may have a tall stature doesn't equate to having a large male anatomy.

04-11-2010, 07:27 PM

I've found that men who complain about strong women, are either: 1) weak themselves and/or 2) their male anatomy is on the pequeno side.

So, for all you boys out there that complain about strong women who you perceive as having to get the last word in and/or doesn't give up, if you're also a daddy to a daughter/daughters, you wouldn't want your daughter/daughters to have a man who exhibits both or even one of the two above. Neither of the above is much fun to a woman.

And to my very special Officer (you know who you are :wink: ) you fall into the second category above. Lesson to all you men out there, just because you may have a tall stature doesn't equate to having a large male anatomy.

Damn Jason, pissed her off!

04-11-2010, 07:53 PM

She just confirmed she's that lovesick crazy chick who is mad because she failed as a homewrecker. Funny, you werent complaining about his size when he was providing it to you. These lovesick chicks make themselves feel powerful by "going below the belt".

04-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Has it occurred to you that maybe the problem wasn't his lack of size, but your abundance of vacant space? Make sure you have all of the next guys insert themselves up to their knees so you can have some fun. Is that an echo I hear?

04-11-2010, 09:14 PM
[quote=Guest]Has to get the last word in, and doesn't give in.

She just confirmed she's that lovesick crazy chick who is mad because she failed as a homewrecker. Funny, you werent complaining about his size when he was providing it to you. These lovesick chicks make themselves feel powerful by "going below the belt".[/quote:3j64wjz2]

"going below the belt" LOL -- sounds like you can't handle criticism very well :snicker: :snicker: As far as the homewrecker bit, just remember it takes two to tango - the other party is as much as a homewrecker. Unless of course, you're Tiger Woods

04-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Has it occurred to you that maybe the problem wasn't his lack of size, but your abundance of vacant space? Make sure you have all of the next guys insert themselves up to their knees so you can have some fun. Is that an echo I hear?

Nope, I don't have any vacant space my dear. No kids and not many partners, but one HUGE regret who should remain nameless. I'm as tight as they come, he never complained nor have I EVER had any complaints just in case you wanted to know :devil:

And you're assuming who HE is, you don't even know for sure who I'm referring to.

04-11-2010, 09:24 PM

She just confirmed she's that lovesick crazy chick who is mad because she failed as a homewrecker. Funny, you werent complaining about his size when he was providing it to you. These lovesick chicks make themselves feel powerful by "going below the belt".[/quote:2yrf522b]

Another lesson for all you men out there, that's the grand thing about being a woman, we can fake it and you would never know. 8)

04-11-2010, 09:47 PM

She just confirmed she's that lovesick crazy chick who is mad because she failed as a homewrecker. Funny, you werent complaining about his size when he was providing it to you. These lovesick chicks make themselves feel powerful by "going below the belt".[/quote:3csh4ndx]

failed as a homewrecker -- LOL LOL LOL

Listen little (and I use that word loosely) boy, there's no failing here. If I wanted to succeed, I would have succeeded and still can if I so choose (but I don't want him in fact he kind of makes me sick), but in order to do that it would mean he would be considered a prize and he's no prize I want.

But again, you don't know who he is, so speculate all you want to.

04-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Here we go again.

04-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Actually, no we don't. Plus, you don't know who he is, you've been speculating all along.

04-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Here we go again.

je m'en fous

04-12-2010, 12:42 AM

Speculate all you want. What makes you think this was posted by a man?

04-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Je ne sais pas

04-12-2010, 12:51 AM

darn Jason, pissed her off!

vous avez raison

04-12-2010, 01:21 AM
[quote="Jane Doe":2udo4zby]Actually, I've been to numerous military funerals and seen families who all they have left of their loved ones are bits and pieces. So please stop your holier then thou attitude.

You chose this field, no one forced you into it. You're not anymore special then anyone else just because you carry a gun and wear a badge, so please get over yourself.

If you want to give yourself the little perk of not writing your "brother/sister" a ticket for speeding when the law was broken, have at it, because with everything your profession is losing and going to lose in the future, you're going to need all the perks you can get.

Nothing makes my skin crawl more then listening to a cop justify his actions with. "well, I carry a gun and wear a badge." So what???? All it takes is going through the academy, heck you don't even need a high school diploma to be the Chief in this department. Any John Doe could become a cop if THEY wanted to, it's nothing special. You don't have to possess anything amazing or require a higher degree of education. Basically all you need to know how to do is to shoot a gun, WOW what an accomplishment.

Signed,

Jane Doe
I'm not sure if I'm gonna nickname you the Fish-Smell Chick or maybe just Dumb 'C'.[/quote:2udo4zby]

Anonymous, you missed this one with all your deleting going on.

04-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Does Joe Smith rush to my aid when I need help?? I have seen too many video's where Joe Smith just walks by and watches when a cop is fighting some felon... We are all we have out there...Stay safe...

04-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I started this thread only to let the officer who was doing his job and chose to simply give me a warning that I appreciated it. Some a55 clown civilian puke bucket of SHITZU comes on and runs his mouth. He runs his mouth because he is a little man with nothing better to do in life than troll on OUR (leos) board.

Yes, it takes a special person to be a cop! For you to minimize what we do is ignorant.

You dont understand because you dont do this. I dont give one rats a55 that you "work in this field". You still dont know what we do and experience.

You are a coward and a sissy.

I suspect your 30-40 year old W/M who is fat and still lives at home with his mom. You make just above minimum wage and havnt showered or changed yoru underwear in days. You havnt "been with" a women in better than 10 years and she was a prostitute.

You goto massage parlors all the time. You have no social skills and sit behind a computer and troll bulletin boards with your ignorant drivel.

PLease STOP

TO ALL MY BROTHER AND SISTERS AT ZPD...AGAIN THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO AND THECOURTESY YOU SHOWED ME.

04-20-2010, 04:18 PM
And you're a cop, you should be ashamed to come on this board bashing people like that. You are no better then that poster you are bashing. You need some anger management classes.

04-20-2010, 04:28 PM
I started this thread only to let the officer who was doing his job and chose to simply give me a warning that I appreciated it. Some a55 clown civilian puke bucket of SHITZU comes on and runs his mouth. He runs his mouth because he is a little man with nothing better to do in life than troll on OUR (leos) board.

Yes, it takes a special person to be a cop! For you to minimize what we do is ignorant.

You dont understand because you dont do this. I dont give one rats a55 that you "work in this field". You still dont know what we do and experience.

You are a coward and a sissy.

I suspect your 30-40 year old W/M who is fat and still lives at home with his mom. You make just above minimum wage and havnt showered or changed yoru underwear in days. You havnt "been with" a women in better than 10 years and she was a prostitute.

You goto massage parlors all the time. You have no social skills and sit behind a computer and troll bulletin boards with your ignorant drivel.

PLease STOP

TO ALL MY BROTHER AND SISTERS AT ZPD...AGAIN THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO AND THECOURTESY YOU SHOWED ME.

This post has been reported for removal. The context of this post is unprofessional from a police officer.

04-20-2010, 05:58 PM
A BIG CHEER FOR YOU SAYING WHAT WE ALL ARE FEELING[IMOA]

IT SURE GETS DISGUSTING FOR US TO PUT ON OUR BEST FACE WITH THE UNIFORM
AND FACE THE PUBLIC KNOWING THERE ARE IDIOTS[ YES i CALLED YOU AN IDIOT]
OUT THERE WHO HAVE NO IDEA OF THE JOB WE DO, YET WILL INFILTRATE THIS BOARD
AND DEMEAN OUR PROFESSION.

WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES..........

04-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Nope, I choose not to walk a mile in your shoes. You choose this field, no one forced you into it. So please stop all your belly aching about how hard it is and no one appreciates me, blah blah blah blah. If you don't like this profession choose another one. If you feel like you don't get all the kuddos you think you deserve, choose another profession that you might get more kuddos for, but please stop with all your belly aching, complaining, moaning and groaning about how no one loves you, thinks your profession is the end all be all, no one appreciates what we do, blah blah blah. We appreciate it and it's showed to you in a form of a paycheck. They don't hand out gold stars in the world like they do in elementary schools. Seriously, please get over yourselves. You guys can't handle any criticism.

04-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Nope, I choose not to walk a mile in your shoes. You choose this field, no one forced you into it. So please stop all your belly aching about how hard it is and no one appreciates me, blah blah blah blah. If you don't like this profession choose another one. If you feel like you don't get all the kuddos you think you deserve, choose another profession that you might get more kuddos for, but please stop with all your belly aching, complaining, moaning and groaning about how no one loves you, thinks your profession is the end all be all, no one appreciates what we do, blah blah blah. We appreciate it and it's showed to you in a form of a paycheck. They don't hand out gold stars in the world like they do in elementary schools. Seriously, please get over yourselves. You guys can't handle any criticism.
Now this is a smart person. First good thing I've seen on here ina while. 75% of the people in this job chose it for the wrong reasons. The rest of us do it be cause we actually want to.

04-21-2010, 12:58 AM
If someone found out who you were, you might get a visit in the middle of the night.