PDA

View Full Version : New Uniforms

03-20-2010, 05:10 PM
How do you like wearing your step increase? New uniforms are just what we needed to boost morale. Admin defenders jump on in. Those of you who say quit crying and shut up jump on in. Bottom line is we get new flashlights and new uniforms instead of a pay raise. Yes it may come out of a different fund but a good administrator finds ways around that. Just like the CC's said, we give the sheriff a budget and what he does with it is his business. Enjoy these poor fitting uniforms that make us look like we work in the what the world thinks of Santa Rosa County. Maybe chewing tobacco should be required.

03-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh quit crying then, j/k. No you are right. Escambia is hiring, after all, they have people willing to think outside the box and obtain funds to hire deputies. Here the cc's are too busy trying make people like Bill Pullum happy and our sheriff wants to get that fourth term. do not expect those guys to do the right thing, its'a all about them. So no pay raises, no new cars, might lay some off, but checkout these nifty new uniforms.

03-23-2010, 06:12 AM
The money on the uniforms was going to be spent on...UNIFORMS! The older crap we had cost way more to maintain over the long run. It's an investment that will pay of in years to come just as the switch to impallas 'should'. That's beating a dead horse but the strategy is still pretty practical. You can't say, "Save the uniform and flashlight money to keep deputies on the road..." That's pretty ignorant for you to think that this recent spending is one of the things threatening jobs. FYI, I'm most likely on the block to be cut at the end of the year. The greater difference is I've actually applied some practical reasoning here and determined that these new uniforms were a sound transition and needed to happen regardless of other budget issues on the table. Regardless of possible cuts, current and future budgetting must go on. This world is bigger than you and I. Get over it. I for one love the new uniforms, even without the dip. I feel that I can go out and get a bit more dirty without having to ask for another pair of slacks at the end of the night. I'm tired of looking like $hit just because I chased some idiot into the brush.

03-23-2010, 01:03 PM
You must be new, why would you chase anyone into the bushes? Just kidding. :devil:

03-23-2010, 05:02 PM
You seem to know how and why the admin does what it does. Cost analysis and future investments and what it means. Long term benefit of spending and savings. I must have missed the memo the admin must have put out that you received. It seems you can readily justify what the admin does yet are totally silent when they absolutely lie to us solely by admission of any information of our futures. I know, get a life, change jobs, quit beating a dead horse, all this when the real problem is so many have their eyes closed to reality.

If even you or I can figure out why something is done for cost purposes why does the admin think we can't see the writing on the wall about step increases and job security? The CC's can spend 400 grand of the money the sheriff gave back, tell him to suck it up, then he bows his head and goes back to his room with his feelings hurt. Not one sound coming from this elected official to defend his upcoming budget requirements comparing himself to the free spending CC's. The budget requests are already being kicked around by the county admin, they have already told Otis what he is getting and to live with it. Why not start right now letting the people of Santa Rosa County what is going on? I predict not one sound will come out of admin in any news organization until the decision is make not to fund the SO. It is then Otis will say we did this, requested this, looked at this, have done that. Meanwhile the SO gets the wrong end of the stick, no, that's wrong, the deputies get the wrong end of the stick. The admin stays fat and happy with them feeling bad for us not having a job.