PDA

View Full Version : flood the lines day at the capital

03-20-2010, 02:46 PM
On March 24th - Let’s Flood the Lines – PBA’s D-Day!

On Wednesday, March 24th – We must show the Legislative Leadership our size and strength. Please join us in flooding them with thousands of phone calls and emails opposing cuts to our pensions.

In a show of unity on Wednesday, March 24th, we need all of you to do a one day blitz of phone calls and emails to the Legislative Leadership with this simple message:

I am a professional public safety officer who has risked my life protecting Florida from the worst in our society. Now I need you to protect me. I’ve earned my pension the hard way through years of sacrifice by me and my family. Please don’t destroy my family’s future. Don’t cut my pension that I have worked so long to earn.
This is but a few of Your Pension Benefits that are in jeopardy:

State Retirement

- Correctional Probation Officers – OUT of Special Risk.
- Reducing the 3% Accrual Rates for Special Risk.
- Eliminate the Retiree Health Insurance Subsidy.
- Increasing Special Risk normal retirement age to age 60 or 30 years of service.
- Reduce the retirement COLA below 3%

Municipal Retirement

- Capping your retirement payment at 70%, not the current 100%.
- Reducing the accrual rates for retirement to 2%.
- Changes the 185 premium tax law so extra money does not have to be spent on extra benefits.
- Increasing normal retirement age to age 60 or 30 years of service.

Let’s Flood the lines – On Wednesday, March 24th, every member, every retiree, your family, and your friends please contact the following legislators listed below:
Senator JD Alexander (850) 487-5044 alexander.jd.web@flsenate.gov
Senate President Jeff Atwater (850) 487-5100 atwater.jeff.web@flsenate.gov
Senator Mike Haridopolos (850) 487-5056 haridopolos.mike.web@flsenate.gov
Speaker of the House Larry Cretul (850) 488-1450 larry.cretul@myfloridahouse.gov
Representative David Rivera (850) 488-7897 david.rivera@myfloridahouse.gov

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Just do it !