PDA

View Full Version : FL House calling for 3% pay cut

03-20-2010, 12:40 PM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2010/03/lawmakers-keeping-free-health-premiums-in-house-budget.html

"But state workers aren't living the life of luxury. The budget calls for a 3 percent cut to state worker salaries for an $80 million savings. But, in contrast to last year's vetoed 2 percent pay cut for workers earning over $45,000, the House budget empowers agency heads to do the cutting and the firing to save the equivalent amount of money. So some people could lose their jobs while others could actually get raises.
The language:in lieu of effecting a 3 percent across the board salary reduction, agency heads are provided additional flexibility to best manage their agency’s staffing needs to ensure the mission and goals of their respective agencies are met. For Fiscal Year 2010-2011, agency heads are authorized to impose layoffs, reclassify employees, terminate employees or impose salary reductions or adjustments for individual or groups of employees while ensuring the agency remains within its salary and benefits appropriation.
The House budget also cuts the health-insurance premiums of about $150 monthly to former state workers."

This is going to get interesting if that 3% pay cut is in there after negotiations with the Senate as DOC cant do flexible changes like that with the Correctional Officers and Probation Officers due to the contract and most of the support staff doesnt make hardly anything so I dont see their pay being cut and I won't even go into the administrators. Hopefully this gets tossed because with so many vacant positions being eliminated the department would have a hard time absorbing any pay cut through other savings let alone 3%. Maybe Gov Crist will veto any pay cut once again also. I hope the Senate doesnt have a pay cut in their budget then this may get tossed.

03-20-2010, 12:56 PM
3 percent 10 percent cut either way i will stay at doc take special risk away also i dont care. my husband is a deputy and he brings home the bacon. my salary pays the car/food bills. his pay does all teh rest including twice a year family vacations :devil: :cop: :devil:

03-20-2010, 01:21 PM
3 percent 10 percent cut either way i will stay at doc take special risk away also i dont care. my husband is a deputy and he brings home the bacon. my salary pays the car/food bills. his pay does all teh rest including twice a year family vacations :devil: :cop: :devil:

Troll :lol:

03-20-2010, 08:03 PM

C ee U N ext T uesday! Take a short walk off a long pier!

03-20-2010, 10:43 PM

C ee U N ext T uesday! Take a short walk off a long pier!

Troll

03-20-2010, 10:44 PM
ITS A DAND DEPRSESSION...

03-21-2010, 06:13 AM
Think Mr. Tanning Salon will veto this one?

03-21-2010, 05:58 PM
don't worry, Obama will save us all! :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

03-21-2010, 09:10 PM
How much of a pay cut are the politicians taking?

03-21-2010, 09:14 PM

03-21-2010, 10:05 PM

Dont know but their pay $ 29,000 a year isnt what they do the job for. They do it for the future kickbacks from private businesses for favors.

03-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Time to stop wasting your money. Quit the union...

03-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Time to stop wasting your money. Quit the union...

:roll: That would be smart and then DOC could selectively cut officer pay like they will be able to do with non-officers with the legislative mandates coming. You arent too bright are you.