PDA

View Full Version : one thing wrong is

03-17-2010, 11:04 AM
The one thing wrong with our dept is __________________, and here is how I would fix it.

Ok instead of just complainign , lets see how you would do it. You can only name one thing.

03-17-2010, 11:35 PM
This might be more of a legislative issue but I think our manpower is misallocated especially when it comes to community control officers. I think we should do away with that and let the Courts use strict curfews that start at 8pm or so on those people. That way there could be more of a focus on all offenders using the same manpower and it would lead to better supervision results most likely. I just think that is a big waste of resources. Maybe with the budget so bad they might look at doing away with that type of supervision in the future. On some real bad cases the objective could be met using GPS without community control supervision.

03-18-2010, 01:03 AM
GPS is a pain in the a**!! Curfews would be a better alternative, but the curfews have to fit the offender. If they work at night they need to stay home the following 8 to 10 hours. Community Control is a dying form of supervision, It is too manpower intensive. Realistically you can only supervise 20 or 30 offenders as opposed to drug offender where you can supervise twice that. Also, can some one tell me what the Correctional Consultants hiding out in region do besides getting a pay check?

03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
GPS is a pain in the a**!! Curfews would be a better alternative, but the curfews have to fit the offender. If they work at night they need to stay home the following 8 to 10 hours. Community Control is a dying form of supervision, It is too manpower intensive. Realistically you can only supervise 20 or 30 offenders as opposed to drug offender where you can supervise twice that. Also, can some one tell me what the Correctional Consultants hiding out in region do besides getting a pay check?

I agree with most of that but I think the point of most curfews is to keep the offender off the streets late at night when most of the trouble is going on.

03-21-2010, 06:16 AM

In region 3 they handle all our interstate cases ! :devil: