PDA

View Full Version : Hiring

03-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Does anyone know if they are hiring for Deputy? How long does it usually take them to process you?

03-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Best chance at getting on is to become a Reserve Deputy first. If you have a 4 year degree, go Federal.

03-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Are you out of your freakin mind? DO NOT APPLY AT THIS AGENCY!! It is the biggest joke in the state of Florida. Nugent has made this place a laughingstock. It's like a 3 ring circus. You will hate your job and be miserable. Trust me. I've been here 7 years and I've never been in trouble so I'm not eating sour grapes. The reason the admin doesn't think morale is bad is because they only talk to their crony kiss-a$$es. They don't give a crap what anyone else thinks.

03-19-2010, 12:34 AM
well its only a stepping stone.I am using it for that.I would never stay in a job that deals with local nonsense.Any state job is better as you are just a number and dont deal with small town politics like here.

03-19-2010, 08:03 PM
well its only a stepping stone.I am using it for that.I would never stay in a job that deals with local nonsense.Any state job is better as you are just a number and dont deal with small town politics like here.
backwoods rednecks, backstabbers and a$$ki$$er$ is what we've got here. don't even use us as a stepping stone for it won't look good on your resume. our reputation $uck$ any more.

03-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Guest43: Hopefully you realize that most of the people commenting on here are just unhappy with their life, period. I am a patrol deputy and like this agency very much. We have great equipment and most of the supervisors are good to work with/for. You always have a few stupid ones no matter where you go, but this agency is pretty solid compared to the others I've worked for. It's not easy to get in, because we don't have a lot of turn-over (yeah, even the constant complainers seem to stay for some reason, go figure - I actually wish they would leave). The complainers will almost certainly attach my statement and call me an #$%kisser, but that's just because they can't stand to hear someone that actually likes working here. The Sheriff is very fair and is progressive, which I like. Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you land the job you want. By the way, just using this agency or any other as a "stepping stone" isn't the best strategy, but to each his own.

03-21-2010, 03:26 AM
you must work in district 1 where there is no calls and every thing is peachy. hopefully a new sheriff gets rid of that district and uses the manpower wisely other than copps units.

03-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Guest43: Hopefully you realize that most of the people commenting on here are just unhappy with their life, period. I am a patrol deputy and like this agency very much. We have great equipment and most of the supervisors are good to work with/for. You always have a few stupid ones no matter where you go, but this agency is pretty solid compared to the others I've worked for. It's not easy to get in, because we don't have a lot of turn-over (yeah, even the constant complainers seem to stay for some reason, go figure - I actually wish they would leave). The complainers will almost certainly attach my statement and call me an #$%kisser, but that's just because they can't stand to hear someone that actually likes working here. The Sheriff is very fair and is progressive, which I like. Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you land the job you want. By the way, just using this agency or any other as a "stepping stone" isn't the best strategy, but to each his own.

Well said. Its the same few disgruntled people always stirring the pot. They constantly complain about everything and bash everyones posts just to hear themselves talk. Here's a tip- do your job and you will get along fine. If you screw up then deal with the consequences. I have worked for the office for many years and also enjoy my job. I havent had any negative issues. I am so tired of the posts that are so obviously from the same people taking the same crap all of the time. If you are so unhappy here - please do us all a favor and take your negativity somewhere else. This blog has become an embarassment with all of the backstabbing that goes on here- dont forget its not just us that can read these posts- The public sees them too...

03-24-2010, 01:02 AM
I somewhat enjoy my job.But the politics is what smells.If there was no politics,it would be the best.But guys,politics here are bad.So we just have to deal with it.Everyone is running scared here.unless your in the drop program for retirement and just here for that.

04-06-2010, 02:50 PM
I did my job and got along fine. However, I still hated the job and couldn't wait to get out. The admin in this place trys make you hate your job even if you stay out of all of the backwoods inbreeding drama. But it's mostly if your in patrol. The admin really doesn't seem to give a crap about the guys working the road. It wasn't all bad though. I made some good friends down there, had lots of fun and learned alot. It really depends on your supervisor. There are a few too many supervisors in this place that are willing to do ANYTHING to get ahead and some that are afraid of their own shadows (because of the aforementioned admin). But in this agency there are 20% that are kissing a$$ and getting what they want all the time. These people have all of the cushy cupcake jobs in the agency and are seen above posting the positives. There are 20% that are beaten down and constantly taking it in the a$$. You'll see them above in the angry posts. Then there is the other 60% in the middle observing. Most lean toward one side or the other. Some like their job, some hate it and keep quiet and some just don't give a crap. My suggestion to those in the bottom 20% and in the middle 60% that hate the job and keep quiet: Get out! I did and I couldn't be happier. Trust me, the grass IS greener. And i'm sure the top 20% is happy to be rid of one more disgruntled ba--ard, which is perfectly OK with me. What up to everybody down there that I haven't talked to in a while. In the words of Andy Reid: The time is yours......................

04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey bro.how are you?how do u like your new agency?

04-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks for asking. It's fantastic. I can honestly say for the first time in a long time that I enjoy police work again and I don't dread going to work. But i'm gonna leave it at that on here. I'm not here to bash the agency. I was just checking the site for entertainment purposes and decided to leave an honest opinion with no sugarcoating. But I still have the same number so hit me up anytime. And if anyone is ever in Philly holla at me for a free tour. I'll send you home with a full stomach and cheesesteak grease on your shirt.

04-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Hey Ken,thats awesome.Guess you have a real union there too.wow,must be so coll to do real police work!!!are they hiring lol..man I got like 5-6 yrs to go...maybe I will work with you and get a second retirment lol :snicker:

04-10-2010, 02:46 AM
Kudos to you Ken.Im glad someone did better with themselves.I am sure the company men think of you as a trader,but thats just mentality of these guys.Dont forget these guys who are ditching on you now are the ones that if they lost there job here,they would blow themselves away.Im happy for you.I cant leave my name as you know or I will be on the road on midnights forever getting written up if the gps detector catches my vehicle going over 1 mph over the speed limit.take care!! :shock:

04-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Hmmmm...maybe years ago,I should have done it.Hows the union contract there Ken?