PDA

View Full Version : NOT ONLY "BARBEE"

03-10-2010, 12:48 AM
I see alot of focus on Don Barbee as the only viable candidate on this forum, outside of Maurer.. Ladies and Gentelmen let me be perfectly clear....HE IS NOT!! There is a candidate who will announce his intentions to run for this office in the near future. This individual comes with vast life experience including time spent with the largest Police Departmant in the Country. His rank was police officer. His leadership skills have been developed through leading approximatly 800 Employees at a 23 Billion Dollar a year Corporation and running a small business. In addition he has been a union member in law enforcement and as a leader has dealt extensivley with union workers, collective bargaining agreements and knows what your needs are!! He has been through some tough situations in life but has always stayed with it until a viable solution had been made. Never leaving because it was to tough. He knows what it is to sit in a radio car and respond from one job to another, conduct traffic stops, deal with family disputes while wondering what the "Brass was up too". I assure you he will stand up for you, treat and promote you fairly without the politics that you are dealing with currently. He is not one to have "intense focus and never cede his ground" He will listen to all members of this organization, as he believes that everyone is entitled to their opinion and input without fear of retribution. That said he will not loosesight of his commitment to keep the public safe. Your outsider is here and looking forward to restoring your Dignity and serving the community of HERNANDO COUNTY.

03-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Sounds good, almost too good. Hey, how about a good deal on some swamp land!

03-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Great, another retired NYPD who thinks he can change Hernando County. I think not. You're dealing with apples and oranges. If this gentleman could not rise above the rank of "patrol officer" in the largest law enforcement agency in America, what makes him credible enough to actually lead an entire agency in Hernando County? We don't want to do it the way you did it up North. We just want to bring back what we had when Tom Mylander was here. A good, family oriented, PROFESSIONAL, well respected agency. One where you didnt have to worry about who you know, or who you are sucking up to, to get ahead or be treated fairly. It is simple... treat EVERYONE the same, no matter who you are. If you work hard and do your job, you are left alone. No micro-management, i.e. STARCOM (invented by the NYPD) just good old fashioned police work.

I don't see a whole lot of difference between Chicago politics (where Nugent is from) and New York city. Sorry, but look elsewhere. You're wasting your time buddy.

03-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Under Mylander there was lots of politics,just not as bad but they were there.Yes.it was who u knew also.Wake up buddy,you work for a sheriff ,who is elected by the people,and if the people or should I say certain person/employee has power in numbers or has power in the community then your shot down buddy.Thats how a county works.Go up north where they have no elected sheriffs or go to a big police department.

03-11-2010, 12:07 PM
I see alot of focus on Don Barbee as the only viable candidate on this forum, outside of Maurer.. Ladies and Gentelmen let me be perfectly clear....HE IS NOT!! There is a candidate who will announce his intentions to run for this office in the near future. This individual comes with vast life experience including time spent with the largest Police Departmant in the Country. His rank was police officer. His leadership skills have been developed through leading approximatly 800 Employees at a 23 Billion Dollar a year Corporation and running a small business. In addition he has been a union member in law enforcement and as a leader has dealt extensivley with union workers, collective bargaining agreements and knows what your needs are!! He has been through some tough situations in life but has always stayed with it until a viable solution had been made. Never leaving because it was to tough. He knows what it is to sit in a radio car and respond from one job to another, conduct traffic stops, deal with family disputes while wondering what the "Brass was up too". I assure you he will stand up for you, treat and promote you fairly without the politics that you are dealing with currently. He is not one to have "intense focus and never cede his ground" He will listen to all members of this organization, as he believes that everyone is entitled to their opinion and input without fear of retribution. That said he will not loosesight of his commitment to keep the public safe. Your outsider is here and looking forward to restoring your Dignity and serving the community of HERNANDO COUNTY.

So, the rationale here is that a Police Officer that never attained any rank in the NYPD is qualified to run a Florida Sheriff's Office; our Sheriff's Office? First of all, that is offensive to any Deputy that ever worked here. Second of all, that is about the most arrogant thing that can be presented as a campaign platform. Being a street cop in New York (or anywhere else) does not qualify anyone to run this agency. I hope the poster and the potential candidate read this. It is not a criticism of the NYPD cop; but running this place is a far cry from answering calls as a cop in New York.

03-11-2010, 03:12 PM
We have several ex nypd employees here who couldnt solve the death of a ****aroach with bug spray!!

03-19-2010, 08:39 PM
We have several ex nypd employees here who couldnt solve the death of a ****aroach with bug spray!!

You solve a ****aroachs death with Bug Spray?

Kinda a blanket statement no?

I know guys on every job who are useless.
Just sayin

03-20-2010, 12:59 AM
in case you are one,as it seems from the last reply,your last reply is self explanatory of how u folks investigate and perform

03-21-2010, 06:43 PM
in case you are one,as it seems from the last reply,your last reply is self explanatory of how u folks investigate and perform

??
What??
Hope you don't write reports like the above.
You just made my point. There are useless folks on ever job.
Making blanket statements, "like you guys" or "all cops are", or "those people" is pretty stupid.
I've meet guys from many different Dept's from all over the Country. Here in Hernando too. Some guys pretty sharp, Some not so much. It's got nothing to do with what job you came from. It has to do with the Individual.

I would never make a blanket statement based on one or two or even twenty encounters with members of one Dept.

You obviously have no clue about anything related to the NYPD or for that matter Law Enforcement.
Better to keep your mouth shut.
I'm sure your Agency has many good Cops, Despite your moronic, Shiraz soaked reply.

03-21-2010, 08:49 PM
go back to nypd