PDA

View Full Version : Me first.

03-03-2010, 05:30 AM
Here's a simple way to resolve the issue of the possibilty of job losses. Throw everyone's name into the hat, minus elected officals, and judge them by their quality of work. This doesn't mean who does the most 60's, because that is a weak ass stat. I mean let's really look at what type of work are you producing. Is it quality work, do you hide from calls, do you try and make yourself look busy instead of actually being busy. I will be the first to put my name in the hat. I may not be #1, but I'll be in the top 10%. Or we can speculate what will could happen and complain about things that may or may not happen. If you are not willing to be put yourself under this type of microscope, maybe you need to make self improvements instead of pointing out what everyone else is doing wrong in your eyes. If you don't meet the standard, you are the first cut. That's if there has to be anyone laid off. It's just a thought.

03-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Now how are the numbers 1=19 going to be judged? You live in a strange world, they don't even use ability or competence in seeing who is eligible for promotion. Go back into your room, fire up the computer, go play your world of warcraft, smoke some mind soothing alternate tobacco and return to your fantasy world.

03-03-2010, 08:19 PM
I agree and truth be known if he doesnt like the way you look your gone. Hes more worried about patrol cars being dirty than a bunch of deputies losing their jobs.

03-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Here's a simple way to resolve the issue of the possibilty of job losses. Throw everyone's name into the hat, minus elected officals, and judge them by their quality of work. This doesn't mean who does the most 60's, because that is a weak ass stat. I mean let's really look at what type of work are you producing. Is it quality work, do you hide from calls, do you try and make yourself look busy instead of actually being busy. I will be the first to put my name in the hat. I may not be #1, but I'll be in the top 10%. Or we can speculate what will could happen and complain about things that may or may not happen. If you are not willing to be put yourself under this type of microscope, maybe you need to make self improvements instead of pointing out what everyone else is doing wrong in your eyes. If you don't meet the standard, you are the first cut. That's if there has to be anyone laid off. It's just a thought.
Lets see, signal 60s dont count--because that is your standard. Get off your high horse. There were better cops than you before you came and there are better cops here now and there will be better cops here when your gone. Obviously you have no use for anyone that is not doing what you think they should be doing. Get a life. How could you be "draggin your knuckles" when you are so busy patting yourself on the back. You are number one in my book.

03-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Once again, the people in this agency have missed the point of a blog. My point was that we should worry more about the type of work we produce, instead a crying about things we have no control of. As far as signal 60's go, no I don't think they are real police work. Let me clarify myself, before someone has a puppy. A signal 60 of a business, means you get out of your car and walk around a building. The way we use to do it with night eyes, for those that have been here some time. How many people do 60's and find 54's? A signal 60 of an intersection, WTF that's called patrol. I was trying to point out that there are alot of depties that confuse trying to build "stats" by doing incomplete 60's, hence them being a weak ass stat. If you can clear a 60 of a business in a minute you are doing 1 of 2 things. 1. Just driving throught the parking lot, incomplete 60. 2. Walking around the building without calling it in, which makes you a dumbass as far as officer safety goes. So let your comments flow about how superior I think I am to everyone else, when in truth I probably care more about this department and it's staff then the majority of people that work here. I'm not trying to be negative. Just pointing out the facts. So let's try and portrait ourselves as deputies worth keeping around, instead of a bunch of little kids who cry every time something doesn't go exactly the way we want.

03-05-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm glad that you set everyone straight on the signal 60 issue. Guess your one of the "run-n-gunners" from the north end. Legends in your own minds. You know what, not everyone has the same talents. Some have been doing it since you were in diapers and know what is really important. You think that a signal 60 is too much like being a Seucirty Guard, yet you are probably the first one to sign up for extra duty detalis---AKA Security Gruard work. Go get a life and stop telling what your version of Law Enforcement is like. Put your GED to good use, go read the Sunday comics---lots of pictures.

03-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Guest you are quick to call names and think you know what/who I am. I actually work in the south end. I would be willing to bet that almost no one in this department was doing this job while I was in diapers. And you missed the point once again, Mr. /Mrs. All Knowing. If you are going to do 60's do them correctly. They are part of our job, but only if done correctly. The majority of those that live on the almighty 60, don't do them correctly, as pointed out in my previous statement. So I'll let it go for know, I think I need to be changed and I want a bottle. Be safe. I know that you will probably read something into this blog,that I did not mean. I would sit down and explain it to you, but I think it would be a waste of both of our time.

03-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Guest you are quick to call names and think you know what/who I am. I actually work in the south end. I would be willing to bet that almost no one in this department was doing this job while I was in diapers. And you missed the point once again, Mr. /Mrs. All Knowing. If you are going to do 60's do them correctly. They are part of our job, but only if done correctly. The majority of those that live on the almighty 60, don't do them correctly, as pointed out in my previous statement. So I'll let it go for know, I think I need to be changed and I want a bottle. Be safe. I know that you will probably read something into this blog,that I did not mean. I would sit down and explain it to you, but I think it would be a waste of both of our time.
Actually, I do not care who you are. Probably a great person, most in the agency are great people. Just dont judge a person based on what YOU think is a "Strong or weak" stat. Who are you to judge anyone or any job they do? If you are a supervisor, then you are not doing your job--since you say yourself that you know for a fact the some "dont do them correctly". Damn, I dont remember that class on how to do a Signal 60 correctly. Must have sneezed during that 5 second instructional block. Seems to me to be just a common sense thing. You need to quit judging yourself against others, one day a deputy you thought was weak will save your butt.

03-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Guest are you not judging knuckle dragger? They may not be the type of deputy you like, so you are critical of them. I agree with the point on the 60's, as far as calling them in. Would you do a traffic stop and call it in after you cleared it? I think knuckle dragger was trying to make a point of officer safety. I could be wrong.