PDA

View Full Version : Good Old Boy System Never Dies Even Under Morgan!!!

02-28-2010, 08:17 PM
From looking at the Sheriff's Office from a citizen's perspective, one might not see the GOB system at work. But rest assured it is alive and breathing. Aiken goes to #2---------his good friend Dale Tharp gets to run the North End. No offense Dale, you haven't been on patrol in over 20 years. Do not worry about us coming to you for any advice. Aiken, now gets to put his other good friend ( Lt Bates) in charge of the 3rd Precinct. I have sat in supervisor meetings, and training classes and have heard Lt. Bates say rude, and disrespectful comments to our speakers and even Lt. Haines. But nothing is ever said to curtail his comments and demeanor. Hey let's promote him. Why stop at 1st Lt Chief, surely some more military supervisor titles can be pulled out of the hat. Rear Admiral sounds good. This whole Office is a joke. Rank does not mean much to me anymore, it is tossed about to folks like Mardi Gras beads.

02-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Politics make the world go around. It takes the place of professionalism, working to improve your capabilities, and a desire to accomplish realistic agency goals. With proper campaign donations, friendly lunches with the boss (oh no, Sir, MY treat today), and the usual back scratching typical of long time work associates, there is no need for the old fashioned idea about earning promotion.

Sadly, the choices are predictable. If you won't play the game ( Pride would never let me), then you can't make the short list for advancement. Why should this administration be different??

02-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Next time any of you see Ron McNesby , Jim Paul or George Touart, shake their hand and tell them thanks for doing away with our civil service , which may not have been ideal but it kept certain egos in check.

02-28-2010, 10:29 PM
That is so true. The sobs wanted the power for themselves, 'cause the Civil Service Board kept them in check.

02-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Uh, those that were promoted recently...didn't they make the highest grades on the test and oral interview? I guess those of you who didn't do so well just want to be handed your promotions, huh? Oh well...get used to taking orders from me.

02-28-2010, 11:45 PM
This thread has nothing to do with the last bunch of promotitons. its about the appointments Aiken just made you idiot. Aiken is the new Car #1

02-28-2010, 11:55 PM
This thread has nothing to do with the last bunch of promotitons. its about the appointments Aiken just made you idiot. Aiken is the new Car #1
The second post IS about promotions. Maybe if your reading comprehension skills were better YOU would have been promoted and wouldn't be reduced to *****ing on here. Oh well, get used to taking orders from ME. By the way, your spelling skills needs some improving also. You misspelled "promotions". Who's the idiot?

03-02-2010, 12:24 AM
The high scores......sounds so fair, but there have been situations in the past where some folks had access to answers and questions provided to them ahead of time. Those same folks are still there and in charge, so don't hold your breath expecting fairness in this promotional thing.

03-02-2010, 12:41 AM
The high scores......sounds so fair, but there have been situations in the past where some folks had access to answers and questions provided to them ahead of time. Those same folks are still there and in charge, so don't hold your breath expecting fairness in this promotional thing.
Let me guess. You didn't get promoted? Probably an investigator, huh? Lot's of those running around with chips on their shoulders.

03-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Sheeeeaaat I wouldn't waste my time trying to be promoted, I know what time it is around here.

03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
It's 5:00 somewhere.

03-02-2010, 02:30 PM
It soon will be 2012 and we can vote the bum out along with his cronies. but you know how it goes , they are like chameleons they can change their colors to conform , because its all about power.If Chavers were elected LA and brood would be his best friend. A word to the wise dont listen to any one who was not your friend before you were elected.

03-02-2010, 07:00 PM
It soon will be 2012 and we can vote the bum out along with his cronies. but you know how it goes , they are like chameleons they can change their colors to conform , because its all about power.If Chavers were elected LA and brood would be his best friend. A word to the wise dont listen to any one who was not your friend before you were elected.

Another word to the wise; sometimes you have to be careful of some of your friends, too.

03-02-2010, 09:18 PM

Another word to the wise; sometimes you have to be careful of some of your friends, too.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

03-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Was the promotion process fair? If you remember back under Lowman when they said it was going to be fair, they released the test scores prior to the interviews. The same was done this time. You will never get their fingers out of the pie. So much for a blind process.

03-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Promotional Guideline:

1. Always have a smile on when you are seeing the boss or bosses. Pretend you are glad to see them.
2. Volunteer at every opportunity; no task too great. (Caution: you may have to actually work a little until you can push it onto someone else)
3. Buy lunch as often as possible. It's always YOUR turn to buy, no matter what.
4. Get politically involved with both (or all) sides. Gradually shift gears as one seems to have the flow.
5. Provide information at every chance about who is doing what to whom (even multiples).
6. Never forget the secretaries who can help you soooo much. Frequent gifts help a lot.
7. Stay up on media issues so you can help in any way possible. Integrity isn't an problem here.
8. When the Sheriff determines something is an issue (maybe gangs), this is a sign that you should mount up and ride like Hell.
9.Any new ideas you hear of from others should be forwarded immediately and in person so you can benefit directly.
10. Your friends are there to help you get up the ladder whether they find out or not as you climb over them gouging, scratching, clawing, and kicking your way to the top. Tell yourself in front of the mirror that they are just fodder to be used as needed.

While the above suggestions are intended for both men and women the following are proven additional methods that have been highly successful for the ladies in the past and we will predict they will be just as helpful in the future:

1. Long hair, especially blonde, is so helpful. (Anything that says Bimbo is a plus)
2. Youth, vitality, and a smile as big as Alabama means sooooo much.
3. Improving office skills is totally unnecessary, as long as short skirts, low cut blouses, and a friendly wink are in your daily wardrobe.

If you find these suggestions helpful, please keep us updated.

flatfoot
03-02-2010, 10:44 PM
From looking at the Sheriff's Office from a citizen's perspective, one might not see the GOB system at work. But rest assured it is alive and breathing. Aiken goes to #2---------his good friend Dale Tharp gets to run the North End. No offense Dale, you haven't been on patrol in over 20 years. Do not worry about us coming to you for any advice. Aiken, now gets to put his other good friend ( Lt Bates) in charge of the 3rd Precinct. I have sat in supervisor meetings, and training classes and have heard Lt. Bates say rude, and disrespectful comments to our speakers and even Lt. Haines. But nothing is ever said to curtail his comments and demeanor. Hey let's promote him. Why stop at 1st Lt Chief, surely some more military supervisor titles can be pulled out of the hat. Rear Admiral sounds good. This whole Office is a joke. Rank does not mean much to me anymore, it is tossed about to folks like Mardi Gras beads.
Good job jack arss we have several Reear Asmirals and Sexcretary of Inteariors ! Just go by Jabba Office of cheeser's and it will not take you long to figure out the rank and file out there . Oh wait a minute he hurt his little we knee under Jabba's desk while doin his paper work . Damn Dude I bet Jabba is about to blow a gun belt , Aikorn,Haines or a Dune Mouse ( Should I use Blow ) Hell he is so scared that he is going to be transfered back to town that he will throw another Deputy under the bus . Watch for Jabba to be running the hall to Aikorn Office ,it should smell like Shamu on the Barbie !

03-03-2010, 12:35 AM
I always wondered how those SOB's did it....damn, 10 easy little steps......just like AA...whadayno.

03-03-2010, 02:04 AM
Only idea I have is that I have to do all that to get promoted, how the Hell can I look at myself in the mirror and not vomit,

03-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Sheeeaaat, that's easy. Just close your eyes until the nausea goes away. It don't last long if you think positive thoughts like them Lt's bars on your shoulders.

03-03-2010, 02:37 AM
When he says Rear Admiral is that a direction or is there another meaning I don't fully grasp?

03-03-2010, 03:06 AM
Rick? Are you getting saddle sores from all that ridin'???