PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Joe,

02-26-2010, 05:04 AM
As everyone knows, Escambia County deputy Joe Dejoie was charged with two counts of aggravated assault in 2009 was found not guilty on Today. This is good news and very good for Joe. He has been a good friend and a good officer over the years. Joe has been there for many of us over the years. He has gotten out back and has been a team player.

I hope that Sheriff Morgan restores Joe back to full duty as soon as possible. He has been missed on the streets and especially at the Courthouse.

Contrats Joe .. We are ALL standing behind you.

02-26-2010, 05:26 AM
Congratulations Joe! I hope things work out for you now with whatever you do. You should have never been charged!

02-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Congratulations Joe! I hope things work out for you now with whatever you do. You should have never been charged!

I agree, you should have never been charged. I am sorry that you had to go through this and I can only hope that your boots are the ground soon my friend. I have prayed for you and thought about you all along. I can say that I am impressed that Morgan showed restraint and respect for a deputy who has served a long time. That means a lot to me and I would bet that there are a lot of other boots out there that would admit the same.

Joe, congratulations again and I look forward to working with you again soon

02-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Joe, that is fantastic about the verdict. Cannot wait for you to get out on the street with us soon. We all support you.

Just keep it together for a few more years man and you can retire. Just be careful out there ... it is a new world where armed bicyclists and punks can either destroy our careers, cause us to lose our retirment and even have us thown in prison.

Keep your head up Joe and be careful now.

02-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Joe, that is fantastic about the verdict. Cannot wait for you to get out on the street with us soon. We all support you.

Just keep it together for a few more years man and you can retire. Just be careful out there ... it is a new world where armed bicyclists and punks can either destroy our careers, cause us to lose our retirment and even have us thown in prison.

Keep your head up Joe and be careful now.

Joe you and I have been friends since you came to work for us. I think you would have to admit that you are your own worst enemy. However, I have never seen you react to any situation in anyway other than the way you were trained. You are a good officer and I would let you have my back anytime. This day and age that is not something I can say about many of our guys. Nothing against 95% of our troops but we have a young and to the most part inexperienced department. You can come work for me anytime.

flatfoot
02-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Way to go my brother !!!! I would imagine the city is going to get their check book out on this one !!!!!!!! Hey Joe let us know if rodney becomes your best bud again , we all kind of doubt it . You know he is trying to play it for what its worth and make up some B S story and blame it on the Sheriff and Chief Acorn (oh I forgot he out) Chief Deputy Commander General Special Ops Baron . They will just cover up his stupidity again and put out a memo saying we had your back the whole time ! Well If you need help moving out of the city limits let us know I will not make up some B S and blame it on Admin. ! Who knows Jabba Van Lines might show up ( one truck for whiskey and one for the buffet ) with a memo to put you back in his come screw me circle.

02-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Joe, I am glad to see that you were finally cleared of this bogus charge. We all know that everyday we face smart a__ kids and with violence the way it is in our city and county none of us can discount for one second the intentions of someone threatening us. It is clear that initially you were a victim of road rage and that these punks were a couple of hot heads. Now it is clear to the Jury and I hope that it is clear to the administration that was the case.

You will always know who had your back and stood behind you. As for the few, hopefully you will give your fellow officer the benefit of the doubt and your support. I can promise you that Joe or I would be there for you in your moment of need. I would have your back and stand behind you.

02-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Congrats man, we are glad to see you were found not guilty. We hope that Morgan does the right thing by you and puts you back on the your feet. We all are looking forward to you coming back downtown to the Courthouse.

Again, good luck and we are all thinking about you.

02-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Congrats Joe, I haven't seen you since Ray's funeral I hope all is well now. I hope you get back to work soon. I hope to see you again soon. Keep your head down and stay away from the main office its a freakin Cluster FU** over there.

02-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I do not comment on here, but read often. I did want to comment and say congratulations to Joe in this well deserved victory. I think that it is very commendable all the people who supported Joe and stood behind him. I can tell you that every day I go into the field I feel better for it knowing my brothers will support me and have my back.

We all know that you read and comment on these forums and you can clearly see the support out there for Joe. Sheriff, David Craig, Darlene and LA ... it's time you come out and publicly stand behind Joe and show your support. He is one of us. Put him back on the street where he belongs protecting our citizens and fellow officers.

Come on guys, what say you.

02-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Joe, glad to hear you were found NG. Glad to be working with you again soon.

02-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Joe, glad to hear you were found NG. Glad to be working with you again soon.

I second that! Joe My wife and I are so happy that you were found not guilty. I am hoping that you are re-assigned ASAP and allowed to finish your career at the ESCO. I am sure that the people downtown at the Courthouse are eager to get you back too.

Morgan, it's time to stand behind Joe and show him our support. As you can see, his brothers in uniform are excited for him and cannot wait for him to return.

Yes, CONGRATS JOE!!!

02-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey dude ... pulling some long ones and just had a chance to see this. Glad to see it all work out .... too bad to hear that the goon squad is not satisfied and feel like they have to rake you over. I guess they feel that they can do what a jury of your peers, a prosecutor and a judge could not. And Morgan wonders why so many of us don't trust him. It's because in a gun fight he will hide like a coward and sacrifice his men.

Morgan, why don't you call off the goons and allow our friend, an officer who has gotten our backs. One who has put his life out there on the line and let him get back to the work of protecting citizens where he belongs!!! On a daily basis someone out there, including smart ass kids, complain because we have to do our job. You have to make a stand, are you going to hang all of us on the word of criminals? Of smart ass kids clearly aggrevating the situation and at best guilty of themselves of road rage.

I get just about one inch of thinking, hey maybe it's me and I should give this guy a chance and then you pull some other non-sense sending a signal to the "boots" that you do not support them in the fight. Do the right thing!

02-27-2010, 06:13 PM
First of all I want to thank everybody for their support thru this whole bad experience. We all know that per policy that an IA has to be done. If not then the haters out there will continue to claim "GOOD OLE BOY SYSTEM", "PROTECTING ONE OF THEIR OWN". I have said from day one that I followed state law with my actions. Also lets all remember, under the past Adm, I would be begging for my job back. This Adm did stand up and say, "We will wait until the criminal case is over before we judge." I am truely grateful for that. Even as LEO's we are innocent UNTIL proven guilty. Again Thanks to everyone for their support.

Joseph Dejoie

02-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Good Luck Joe and very well said. I do think that this Administration has a fair process and they did not continue their investigation once criminal charges were filed. There is a part that knows that is SOP, however, I DO BELIEVE that this administration IS FAIR and that the process now is FAIR. This is all we can ask.

Joe, I support you and I support the Administration and pray for their efforts.

02-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey dude ... pulling some long ones and just had a chance to see this. Glad to see it all work out .... too bad to hear that the goon squad is not satisfied and feel like they have to rake you over. I guess they feel that they can do what a jury of your peers, a prosecutor and a judge could not. And Morgan wonders why so many of us don't trust him. It's because in a gun fight he will hide like a coward and sacrifice his men.

Morgan, why don't you call off the goons and allow our friend, an officer who has gotten our backs. One who has put his life out there on the line and let him get back to the work of protecting citizens where he belongs!!! On a daily basis someone out there, including smart ass kids, complain because we have to do our job. You have to make a stand, are you going to hang all of us on the word of criminals? Of smart ass kids clearly aggrevating the situation and at best guilty of themselves of road rage.

I get just about one inch of thinking, hey maybe it's me and I should give this guy a chance and then you pull some other non-sense sending a signal to the "boots" that you do not support them in the fight. Do the right thing!
Hey dumbass, if you don't understand the process then don't comment on it. It makes you look stupid. Morgan has done the right thing and continues to do the right thing by Joe. Get over being a loser and become a team player.

02-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Whoa ... I am sure that he knows the process and I am sure that he understands what is going on. Some folks for what ever reason still distrust the Admin and it takes some time to heal. I personally feel that in situations such as this, they have been fair and they have a good process.

I agree with Joe 100%.

Joe I support you all the way and I hope that you are cleared to return soon my friend.

03-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Jury may have found you innocent, but we all know how stupid they can be, don't we Joe. This ain't the first time and it won't be the last. You can't stay out of trouble because of your mouth and your temper. This lip service the others are giving you don't change what you are and you know it, don't you Joe.

03-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Sounds like someone may not know Jack, but he definitely knows Joe. Tell it like it is....

03-03-2010, 02:43 AM
Joe needs to be re-assigned to the beach......more sand, more alcohol, more women, and a lot more rope.

03-03-2010, 02:49 AM
This could be a Reality Show. Sheer excitement in the making right before our eyes......or his eyes. Imagine the sponsors available now that Tiger has been dumped. Go Joe, Go Joe, Go Joe!!!!

03-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Well, it appears the Honeymoon of Victory is over for my friend Joe. It only took about 15 positive comments before the lid was blown completely off of this den of wolves. I guess you just could not stand it that Joe's fellow officers wanted to show him some support. More than likely they are the very same officers that would show up to get your backs too!!!

I did not get to congratulate you earlier but I will now. Good luck with the investigation. I am sure it will be fine.

Oh, I am sure Joe does look in the Mirror every day, and when he does he should like who he sees. I know that his friends do.

03-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I agree with "It Figures". Obviously most of the negative posts are from those that don't know squat about being a brother much less an LEO. Even with the negative comments, if you got into trouble, Joe would still have your back unlike those of you who have already shown your true colors.

We are brothers and we stand up for brothers. If Joe had gone out and robbed a store, I could see us parting ways. None of us were there so no one really knows how or why the incident happened.

Who do you believe, a Police Officer or two buddies who can't wait to get a cop in trouble. I for one believe Joe and will until you can show me some concrete proof otherwise. Yea I know. The other two guys didn't know he was a cop when it happened. Of course not. If they had it would have never gone as far as it did. But they didn't and they thought they could push it as far as they wanted. After all it was two against one. Then after the City got involved and they found out it was a cop, it was their chance. We all know how people make things up to suit them when comes to making complaints on Officers. No one likes the POLICE until they need one. Then as long as you handle the situation the way they want it to be handled then you are okay sometimes. We can never do anything right in the eyes of the public. All we can do is go out there and do our jobs.

I think the jury did theirs'. Part of case law pertains to the perception of the victim. If the victim perceives something to be a threat then that's exactly what it is. Joe or any other competent Police Officer using their training and experience would probably have reacted the same. How many times have you made a traffic stop and just as you walk up to the car you see the driver lean or reach over to the passenger side or glove box etc. What do you do, just twittle your thumbs or do you go on high alert and make sure what the driver is doing. You have an advantage there because you are looking down into the car and can see what is going on. You still are cautious but you have time to react. In Joe's position he didn't have that advantage. His training kicked in and he reacted to what he perceived as a threat. Could Joe have done something else, yes there were other options but he is a cop and case law also says that as a cop you are under no obligation to back down. Unless you have been in that same situation you don't know what you would have done.

Of course the bad comments here are probably from inexperience guys who will probably end up hurt one day because they are superman and have nothing to worry about and are so in to themselves and their badge that no one would dare try anything. After all I'm the big bad cop with the gun and badge. You guys have some learning to do. I hope you don't get hurt in the process. I say that because even though you are a dumb???, you are still my brother.

03-04-2010, 03:01 PM
The last post is the smartest thing said on this form lately,you get it.

03-04-2010, 07:37 PM
I agree with "It Figures". Obviously most of the negative posts are from those that don't know squat about being a brother much less an LEO. Even with the negative comments, if you got into trouble, Joe would still have your back unlike those of you who have already shown your true colors.

We are brothers and we stand up for brothers. If Joe had gone out and robbed a store, I could see us parting ways. None of us were there so no one really knows how or why the incident happened.

Who do you believe, a Police Officer or two buddies who can't wait to get a cop in trouble. I for one believe Joe and will until you can show me some concrete proof otherwise. Yea I know. The other two guys didn't know he was a cop when it happened. Of course not. If they had it would have never gone as far as it did. But they didn't and they thought they could push it as far as they wanted. After all it was two against one. Then after the City got involved and they found out it was a cop, it was their chance. We all know how people make things up to suit them when comes to making complaints on Officers. No one likes the POLICE until they need one. Then as long as you handle the situation the way they want it to be handled then you are okay sometimes. We can never do anything right in the eyes of the public. All we can do is go out there and do our jobs.

I think the jury did theirs'. Part of case law pertains to the perception of the victim. If the victim perceives something to be a threat then that's exactly what it is. Joe or any other competent Police Officer using their training and experience would probably have reacted the same. How many times have you made a traffic stop and just as you walk up to the car you see the driver lean or reach over to the passenger side or glove box etc. What do you do, just twittle your thumbs or do you go on high alert and make sure what the driver is doing. You have an advantage there because you are looking down into the car and can see what is going on. You still are cautious but you have time to react. In Joe's position he didn't have that advantage. His training kicked in and he reacted to what he perceived as a threat. Could Joe have done something else, yes there were other options but he is a cop and case law also says that as a cop you are under no obligation to back down. Unless you have been in that same situation you don't know what you would have done.

Of course the bad comments here are probably from inexperience guys who will probably end up hurt one day because they are superman and have nothing to worry about and are so in to themselves and their badge that no one would dare try anything. After all I'm the big bad cop with the gun and badge. You guys have some learning to do. I hope you don't get hurt in the process. I say that because even though you are a dumb???, you are still my brother.

Well said. I hope they don't get SOMEONE else hurt.

03-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Inexperienced my azz. You're so blind you can't see the forest for the trees. You're his buddies. Loyalty to someone is blind and you wouldn't believe something bad unless you see it, and maybe not then.

03-05-2010, 05:59 AM
You are right, some of them are friends, but all of us are brothers and fellow officers. We have each other's back and we support each other. I can only pray that the young officers will learn this code of honor. There is no way that before you retire ... hell before you get your 5 year pin that some civillian will not accuse of you something. At the end of the day, the only people you can count on is your fellow officers.

I guess that is what bothers me the most about all these negative comments. Where I came from you would never see this. Worse, I really like my fellow officers here. I just wish we could all stand together.

03-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Inexperienced my azz. You're so blind you can't see the forest for the trees. You're his buddies. Loyalty to someone is blind and you wouldn't believe something bad unless you see it, and maybe not then.

I rest my point, you just proved you are what I said. An inexperienced dumb?ss. Buddy or not, we are Brothers. I hope you remember that when some dark night you get your butt in a crack and one of your brothers bails you out. He might not like you but he won't let you get hurt at least not at the hands of a scumbag.

03-05-2010, 11:42 AM
You and Joe deserve each other.

03-05-2010, 12:43 PM

At least with Joe as a backup I don't have to worry. With you, I would have to watch the scumbag and you at the same time and wonder were the knife is going to come from first, the scumbag in front of me or you behind me.

03-05-2010, 01:01 PM

I just figured out who you are. I saw you on Southland the other night. You are Chickie's new partner Ferguson. You know the one who gets out of the cruiser and was so scared he fires off a round into a car driven by a juvenile and when the crowd gets out of hand he leaves his partner in the street surrounded by the angry crowd trying to handcuff the juvenile, and runs to the cruiser and locks himself inside. Now that's the brother I want watching my back.

03-05-2010, 04:38 PM
...lol....that actually happened with a female officer years ago....she was a reserve,pretty easy on the eyes,..was trying to get hired,she liked riding and of course some of the guys liked her riding along. One night shit hits the fan in old Truman Arms...Male officer has hands full with a mini riot....trying to 10-15...rock,bottles etc flying hitting officer and the car...She bolts for cruiser and locks herself inside~!! I do not know/remember if she was asked not to come back or just did not return, but she lost a lot of her "luster". Saw her at NAS gate checking ID's as DOD.....And NOOO.... Joe would not leave you like that~!!!!

03-05-2010, 06:25 PM
It amazes me that some of you as "GUEST" have posted these comments not knowing the true facts that came out in the courtroom.

The boys had so many different versions of what happen. Joe's version of the incident never changed from the 911 call to his testimony on the stand. Yes, Joe may have a mouth on him, but has anybody ever heard of Joe lying about the facts, even if it painted him in a bad light. If you are honest with your self you know the answer is NO.We all know that the kids these days think they are invincible and have no respect for anyone. In court it came out from two(2) veteran PPD officers that on the scene the brothers admitted that they were reaching toward the center console. It amazes me that after that admission, PPD never searched the area or the house that they went into for a gun. In their recorded interview with two PPD investigators (Sergeants) after a 20 minute "PRE INTERVIEW", they denied to ever reaching. When the driver saw Joe reaching he asked,"What you have a gun." When Joe responded,"Yes I got mine, you got yours." The driver continued to make threats and stayed window to window. After Joe pulled his gun, the driver asked, "What are you going to shoot me." And then turned to his brother and said, "Oh! he has a gun." All the while staying window to window. The facts show that Joe was boxed in with cars in front and behind him, with a concrete barrier to his left. The boys had a clear lane of traffic in front and behind them, as well as an emergency lane to their right. Does that make sense ????????
It sounds like some of yall went to the same investigative school as WEAR TV3 news reporters. It is also amazing that Joe was headline news all that week, on every news broadcast about his trial. Then with a reporter and cameraman in the courtroom all day,, they leave before the jury comes back with a verdict. Did they believe that his "NOT GUILTY VERDICT" would not be news worthy. FACT ! A less than 30 second blurb was all they could report. Then report that the Sheriffs department was not putting Joe back to work until it concluded its own investigation. Important tidbit missing from that news story, "It is standard procedure to conduct an Internal investigation, after an incident like this."
QUESTION: If Joe is such a hot head with such a bad temper and mouth. How has he stayed out of trouble and off the radar for over 6 years....anybody who knows the truth about Joe, knows what the true story was 6 years ago.......

03-05-2010, 06:28 PM

I rest my point, you just proved you are what I said. An inexperienced dumb?ss. Buddy or not, we are Brothers. I hope you remember that when some dark night you get your butt in a crack and one of your brothers bails you out. He might not like you but he won't let you get hurt at least not at the hands of a scumbag.

Maybe next time he goes off the deep end like he has countless times and this time really hurts someone or worse, you'll be there and join in and y'all can share a jail cell together!

03-05-2010, 08:17 PM

Maybe next time he goes off the deep end like he has countless times and this time really hurts someone or worse, you'll be there and join in and y'all can share a jail cell together!

well if that were to ever happen, it would be crowded in there because it obvious you will already be in there but at least I will have Joe to watch my back around you.

03-06-2010, 01:06 AM

well if that were to ever happen, it would be crowded in there because it obvious you will already be in there but at least I will have Joe to watch my back around you.

You are soooooooooooo right BAD cops need lovin' too!

03-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Joe, I was glad to hear that your trial came back Not Guilty. I think that the jury saw exactly what you saw and that is 2 punks out to ruin someone's life. I think that you might have done them a favor and just maybe they will think twice before engaging in a dangerous act of road rage.

But then again, they did not seem like the kind of punks that would learn from their mistakes.

I pray that the office investigation comes back positive. A lot of us support you and I think that the review will be fair. Thanks for always having my back!

03-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Somebody said Joe should be sent back to the beach. As a former brother who lives, plays, and works on the beach, I'd be glad to see that happen. Great news Joe, hang in there and really piss the naysayers off.

03-09-2010, 12:57 AM
It was on the beach that I first met Joe. He was friendly and very helpful. Throughout thetime that I knew him out there I found Joe to be very diplomatic in very stressful situations. I can think of a few times at the Boardwalk with some punks, Joe convinced them despite their being rude to him that they should calm down and that they should just focus on having a good time at the beach and not getting bailed out of Jail. I can think of a few times at Bamboo Willies and the Islander too where I witnessed Joe negotiating a scene favorably so that no one's night was ruined. Personally, to deal with drunks on the beach takes a great deal of self control ... he exhibited it.

I do not live on the beach anymore, however, I would feel better knowing he is there. He dealt with problems with the highest of professionalism and skill. The taxpayers are all gratefull of the 1000's he has saved them in bogus arrests, jacked up charges, etc. He was very capable of reading a situation and determining the best resolution. It also must be said, he was not afraid to put the cuffs on someone who was endangering himself or others or intentionally breaking the law. If you were out of control, Joe took care of that too.

I for one am happy that he was found Not Guilty and I would be pleased to know he was at the beach taking care of business.

Thank you Joe

By the way, I thought some police were only mean to people, had no idea they were that mean to each other too!!!! DANG GUYS!!! I guess it is good to know that they are equal opportunity a__Holes.