PDA

View Full Version : STREET CRIMES

02-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Get real, do we need to have an oral board? just pick the person you have already selected and save some time. it is a joke they will pick a new officer #3== something or worse take an Fto off the street. we need to fill the street first. but since they are going to do it anyway, who do we have that would be good at the job? I bet they pick a person that has a write up for a bad x31 or a bad arrest, better yet, someone who has been wrote up in the past. for being stupid. lets just hope they pick a person that wants to work the job, and not a person that is applying to get out of patrol duties. well thats it if you read this post who you think would be good, I want to know who you think and why.

02-26-2010, 04:34 AM
Did you really ask us who we think should be back there when you didn't even have the guts to say anyone yourself. I want you to name one person here who has never be wrote up. You are complaining about someone getting in a bad x31 but you are probably the same person who cries about our x31 policy now. If they put someone back there like 319 then I won't have one complaint. 270 doesn't do anything but act like his sh** don't stink and have his bestfriend (Sgt.) protect him when he does nothing. 271 has been riding coat tails his whole career. I don't think he can do anything on his own. If your not going to be proaction and push the limits then stay on patrol answer your s37 call and go back to driving in a circle. But don't get me wrong there are some officers I don't even want to stand next to unless their yelling for help. I know I'm not the only one that thinks like this. I'm just the only one that will speak out...............let's pick more important things to complain about ladies.

02-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I can agree with that but we all know nothing will happen. They are quick to write someone up but won't move anyone else they get caught sleeping with someone other than their spouse

02-26-2010, 01:42 PM
I agree with all of the comments, but I would be happy with 299,314, 324, 312, 314, 320, and with that being said, who ever they pick, I hope they are safe and dont try to save the world like 319. lets face it he is good at finding drugs, but he is new and didn't have enough patrol expeirence to be placed back there. I like him but he is a risk to himself as well as his partners well good luck. and I hope they do pick someone that wants the job not someone getting out of work.

03-01-2010, 12:49 AM
I don't really care who they pick because I think its wrong to pick anyone now because patrol is still too short to be filling specialty units.

03-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Well we all know the oral board is crap, they have already selected, it is between Carmack and conatser. did you think the selection would be fair, not at PCPD. oh well its not what you know its who you know, and always will be. if you make a drug arrest on a x50, it makes you a good choice, a monkey can arrest on s57 on a x50. that doesn't make you good. an investigation makes you good. the person they pick should have some time in before they go back. give them a chance to learn, this in not like learning how to swim, this kind of sink is forever. but if you can live with the possible outcome. select by who you like not by who would be good (life knowledge to understand, life is better than the small arrest, be safe no one will remember the arrest, but we all remeber the one that put himself and others in danger)

03-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Street Crimes is supposed to be an agressive unit that doesn't ask questions on the street. You keep playing this safe card and complaining that some people don't think about others safety. No one goes out there and doesn't think safety first. Some just go out there and aren't intimidated to go after the people you are scared of. Don't talk about the people that are out there putting people in jail on a daily basis. Stay in your car with the windows up and the doors locked. It's those cops that make you look good when you walk your fat azz into a resturant and think your tough stuff in a uniform. Keep up the good work, you know who your are. Jealousy is the biggest compliment you can get.

03-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Yes! You hit the nail on the head about these oldtimers who are scared but then get all mad when a newer officer gets to Street Crimes. The old guys want SC so they can fluff off the burglary calls and crashes. The young guys want SC so they can catch criminals and make a real difference. Easy fricking choice right?!
Those are the guys who wait outside and stage when there is an armed guy with a hostage. The young strong men run inside and make a difference.
We'll take young strong heroes over old weak cowards so its an easy choice.

03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
First, if it is an armed "guy with a hostage" you don't just run inside. Policy has changed, and we do run inside if it's an "active shooter" but not a guy with a hostage. You say the "old timers are scared" Scared? or commen sense. ID#129 is still a good officer after 23 plus years and for the most part all the old timers as you say do their job and with out getting into trouble or law suits. All newer officer's would do good in Street Crimes however they still need time on the streets its that simple. Stop taking it so personal.

03-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Well surprise, Carmack ended up in SCU. Oh wait that was totally expected. Now if they can just get rid of the other two deadweights (270 and 271) like they did 232 then they would probably have a chance at actually doing something like a real unit like back in the day of Maurer and Gilmore but aint gonna happen anytime soon.

03-18-2010, 09:24 PM
First off a two man unit (Gilmore/Maurer) wouldnt exactly qualify as a unit. Secondly, neither Maurer nor Gilmore will ever tell you they made much a difference, because they rarely had successful investigations in reference to results....nor has any other street crimes unit before or since due to a host of problems that plague the unit. I agree....they may want to take anotehr look at the current investigators assigned to the unit - but in reality it doesnt matter who gets put back there. The unit is based in a small town....and success in Plant City will always be limited for SCU.

03-22-2010, 12:50 AM
see where u r all wrong carmack is a good choice just like Douglas or Conatser would be. The problem is would be that scu needs to be there more at night to work when the bad guys work as opposed to daytime like they do now.

03-28-2010, 03:45 AM
270 and 271 are worthless I agree with them having a sgt who protects them from doing any work at all. They need to keep 319 and 323 however put 270 and 271 back on patrol so they have to work. Put 299 and 280 back there and that would be a strong proactive unit that will work together insted of having 319 do it all. I will say 319 has done a great job on his own back there and has great officer safety and investigative skills. Change needs to happen, put the dead weights were they belong. I also agree with scu working nights and weekends however 2 current members I'm sure would cry about that and it will never happen. 273 needs to step up and say something, he is a great person and awesome sgt however his 2 buddies are bringing him down.