PDA

View Full Version : Cut the fat...

02-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Why do we need a captain in charge of another captain in the same division? This place makes absolutely no sense.

02-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Why do we need a captain in charge of another captain in the same division? This place makes absolutely no sense.

How many captains positions have been created since 01/01/09?

I mean every one says "well this money can't be used for salaries!"

A captain makes roughly 90K, and we have at least three that I know of that have been created... so 270K divided by say 400 deputies (Car 1-52 don't need a raise)... Its not alot, but its something.

02-19-2010, 02:50 AM
You’re way under in your numbers. A 90K salary equals about $120,000 in cost for each Captain for a total of $360,000. That same amount of money would translate to a $1,000. a year raise for 360 Deputies. If Morgan really wanted to keep his campaign promise, it is doable but he’d have to give up the three Captains so that 360 “boots” would get the raise he promised them when campaigning.

02-19-2010, 05:15 AM
One of Morgan's big campaign issues was to trim the fat from the top of the department. It hasn't happened yet. He has actually created more. Could it be that he lied just to get elected? A politician wouldn't do that.

02-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Could you just do your job. I would venture to say that the Sheriff will get us a raise when he is supported by the County Commissioners. We need to go out there and deliver to the people what we are getting paid to do. If you don't like your salary, then go elsewhere. Maybe if you can show the public that you enjoy your job and you take pride in serving them, they will support you and it will get back to the Commissioners. You sound like a bunch of whiney babies. The current economy has caused cuts everywhere. Don't expect just because you where the uniform, you deserve a raise. The Sheriff knows it would be a motivator so why would he not want it? Give him time. Some decisions have been made that we don't agree with but the agency has gotten better than it was before. Have some pride, do what your paid for and if you do it well, we will all be rewarded. We have to depend on each other even when the economy is rough. Motivate your partners and remember you took the oath.

02-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Could you just do your job. I would venture to say that the Sheriff will get us a raise when he is supported by the County Commissioners. We need to go out there and deliver to the people what we are getting paid to do. If you don't like your salary, then go elsewhere. Maybe if you can show the public that you enjoy your job and you take pride in serving them, they will support you and it will get back to the Commissioners. You sound like a bunch of whiney babies. The current economy has caused cuts everywhere. Don't expect just because you where the uniform, you deserve a raise. The Sheriff knows it would be a motivator so why would he not want it? Give him time. Some decisions have been made that we don't agree with but the agency has gotten better than it was before. Have some pride, do what your paid for and if you do it well, we will all be rewarded. We have to depend on each other even when the economy is rough. Motivate your partners and remember you took the oath.

Are you kidding me??? We have a captain over intel/crimestoppers, a captain over traffic and a COMMANDER who is a wanna be attorney... All making 100K +. And we are the WHINERS?

You give the sheriff more credit than he deserves...

02-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Then quit and go elsewhere, dipschit. You knew there was a certain amount of politics involved with this job when you signed up. You knew what the salary was when you signed up. You knew there were people making a hella lot more money than you under the administration of which you signed up. If you don't want to pull your weight around here and help us all look better by making this a professional agency then quit. You and your kind are pathetic. Lazy *******s one and all that don't want to come in and actually work, you just want to ***** and moan. It's about time the rest of us told you to shut the phuck up. The next time I hear someone *****ing about a bunch of nothing they can't change, even if they tried, I'm gonna tell them just that. To their face. I hope it's you. What you gonna do about it?

02-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Then quit and go elsewhere, dipschit. You knew there was a certain amount of politics involved with this job when you signed up. You knew what the salary was when you signed up. You knew there were people making a hella lot more money than you under the administration of which you signed up. If you don't want to pull your weight around here and help us all look better by making this a professional agency then quit. You and your kind are pathetic. Lazy *******s one and all that don't want to come in and actually work, you just want to ***** and moan. It's about time the rest of us told you to shut the phuck up. The next time I hear someone *****ing about a bunch of nothing they can't change, even if they tried, I'm gonna tell them just that. To their face. I hope it's you. What you gonna do about it?

Mr. Morgan promised to change the "Redneck" agenda and "Good Ol Boy" system goober. That is the problem. Aiken is running the show and everyone knows it. Now go and be a good lap dog and tell Morgan everything is fine.

02-20-2010, 03:36 PM

Mr. Morgan promised to change the "Redneck" agenda and "Good Ol Boy" system goober. That is the problem. Aiken is running the show and everyone knows it. Now go and be a good lap dog and tell Morgan everything is fine.
We are watching and keeping notes. the campaign wont be a cake walk this time, he has lied about a lot of things.Buck up your in the military now.