PDA

View Full Version : promotions

02-18-2010, 05:24 AM
Three more Sgts were promoted today....

THANK GOD! We need supervision out there!!!

Thx Sheriff.

02-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Congratulations JF, MH & MO!!!!

02-18-2010, 10:19 AM
The crew deserves it. Lets see what happens after buyouts.

02-19-2010, 02:05 AM
1524U[quote="Guest330"]Congratulations JF, MH & MO!!!![/quote

Bravo - 3 more off the list.

02-22-2010, 03:16 AM
Any Lt's?

02-22-2010, 01:10 PM
hansen isn't one of them - he's got an IA going.

02-22-2010, 02:59 PM
So who are the new Sgts???

02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
TOO MANY SERGEANTS SHERIFF!!!! TOO MANY LTS AND CAPTS TOO

02-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Gotta keep on promotin'....election comin'! Can't run a department fair and square...gotta keep giving gifts and be sure not to make anybody uncomfortable........oh, except the public and the ones paying the bill.

02-24-2010, 01:01 AM
This is for "paybacks": Wht a ridiculous post. You're claiming the only reason for promotions is gifts to garner votes. Then you don't have a clue, do you? First, look at the org chart and look at the vacancies. Then listen to others complain how the span of control is too high or that the current sgt's and lt's are so overworked they have little time for the mundane tasks....like supervise and keep your people from making bad decisions.
It seems that no matter what is done, it's wrong. Maybe "payback" has some brilliant suggestions on how to make all this better.... Or maybe payback is just a whining, sniffling little crybaby who is never happy.

02-24-2010, 01:12 PM
There are so many sergeants and lieutenants hidden all over this place for all the wrong reasons. All that is needed is an administrator to lean this place out and put them to work. Start the wheels turning under the Road Sergeants cars and get them rolling on calls and reading reports and the mistakes may be reduced. WORK is the operative word here.

02-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Sure, don't make the promotions and everyone (Well not everyone, because you can't make "everyone" happy) will be complaining that the promotions should be made for a plethora of reasons. There are substantial openings throughout the agency. Some for retirements, some for long term illnesses, some for long term deployments overseas and some for malingering on workmen's comp that can't be denied and then there is FMLA. Overtime can be paid to fill all those slots, or you can do a combination of the two by making promotions for authorized vacancies and filling the others with OT.
I don't know who you are, a deputy, sgt, lt, capt or citizen not connected. You want leadership to make the change? Just where does leadership start? If it's at the top, it takes time to filter down. How about you? What are you doing to make change? Peer pressure to make change works the best, you can make change where ever you are. Lead by example and get others to do the same. Oh, I guess you're just too busy posting anonymously, complaining about everything. Try getting off the negative posting and blaming others and get on the train to make change.
I know sergeants and lieutenants that work, and others that are lazy. Some I'm glad when they show up at my calls and others that cause me to fear what will happen because of their behavior. There are some who I never see . But I understand the game, I can be responsible for me, I can make change myself by doing the right thing and not allowing others to do the wrong thing. If the guy/gal next to me blows off a call, I can write it and make the citizen happy. Next time the "blow off" deputy might not blow the call off. Lots of things I can do, to exert change. Why don't you try it other then whining and complaining....

02-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Well ain'tchu summpin? Yous the poster boy aincha? Gawly--do you floss twice a day too.